The angled view
P1000915.jpg

The headphone on the stand
P1000936.jpg

The close up
P1000945.jpg

The moneyshot
P1000944.jpg

Wenge wood with 4 coats of french finish and final treatment with beeswax for a semi glossy look
icon10.gif

^^^ Me likey!!!

biggrin.gif

May 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #394 of 3,874
Absolutely, it's made for my D2000's but they are currently waiting for a recable and a woodie job, so they are completely disassembled
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #395 of 3,874
My dad is getting very good at making headphone stands.

These look absolutely stunning. Finished to bring out the natural figure of the maple wood, giving it a tiger maple effect.

One is of one side, and the other is the reversed side.

It's impossible to capture the complexity of the figure, since just turning them the slightest bit will reveal a whole new effect.

May 23, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #397 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely, it's made for my D2000's but they are currently waiting for a recable and a woodie job, so they are completely disassembled
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice work! REALLY nice actually.
tongue.gif
So you made them somewhere in a shop or something? I imagine you'll need some good tools to make that stand.

May 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #398 of 3,874
Somebody nearby has a custom furniture shop (meubelmakerij) nearby and I know him from way back and I got in touch with him about making this stand and he offered me to use his shop
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be making lots of woody things the next few months
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #399 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These look absolutely stunning. Finished to bring out the natural figure of the maple wood, giving it a tiger maple effect.

One is of one side, and the other is the reversed side.

It's impossible to capture the complexity of the figure, since just turning them the slightest bit will reveal a whole new effect.

Seriously, that is the most beautiful stand on this forum ! Can't you tell us what did he put on the wood to make it look that awesome ?
tongue.gif

Continue your great work !

May 25, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #400 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very nice! But the reason for the Tiger Maple effect is that it is indeed Tiger Maple.

May 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #403 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice! But the reason for the Tiger Maple effect is that it is indeed Tiger Maple.

It's true. My dad and I go to our local wood yard and look through all of the maple wood for some with the most interesting figure.

Still, it took him a while to learn how to make the figure pop. The first few attempts on really nice wood were very boring.

Thanks for the nice comment!

May 25, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #404 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey towert7, haw many hps can each one of them hold.

It would easily hold 2 full size ones, or 3 full size ones if you put them a little closer. Probably would hold 4 small size headphones comfortably.

May 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #405 of 3,874
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagail118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, that is the most beautiful stand on this forum ! Can't you tell us what did he put on the wood to make it look that awesome ?
tongue.gif

Continue your great work !

You'd have to ask him. I'm actually not sure on the specifics of what he uses. I know he finishes it with a coat of oil and clear coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back