The discovery thread!
May 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #9,542 of 103,250
Quote:
dudes, you realize you can just order the cheaper one right? sz1000 should also be pretty good. of course I'm just gonna stay back and watch...

Nah, it's lighter and for wimps!
wink.gif

May 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #9,545 of 103,250
Quote:
I'd say they sound different enough from the 1K to give it a go Eric. I think it will be the only portable can you'll ever need.

Right, the "portable" aspect is important as well. You can easily use these as portables. I don't typically wear headphones outdoors, but you could definitely do so with these ones, And they look pretty nice which doesn't hurt. I do though slap them on my clip zip (or clip zip + C&C BH) and use them when traversing about my palace :)

And even if you do end up getting the jvc ha-sz2000's, I doubt you would be wearing those outdoors. In fact, you would probably need to stay at your desk with them where you have your head/neck holster installed lol!

May 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #9,546 of 103,250
Quote:
I'd say they sound different enough from the 1K to give it a go Eric. I think it will be the only portable can you'll ever need.

Quote:

Right, the "portable" aspect is important as well. You can easily use these as portables. I don't typically wear headphones outdoors, but you could definitely do so with these ones, And they look pretty nice which doesn't hurt. I do though slap them on my clip zip (or clip zip + C&C BH) and use them when traversing about my palace :)

And even if you do end up getting the jvc ha-sz2000's, I doubt you would be wearing those outdoors. In fact, you would probably need to stay at your desk with them where you have your head/neck holster installed lol!

Thanks fellas!! I might give them a go.

May 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #9,547 of 103,250
May 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #9,548 of 103,250
So I just received the AT CLR100s in the mail.  At first blush, these sound like much more refined versions of the JVC FX3X.  The bass reaches strong and deep with great impact but doesn't overpower.  The lower mids are a tad muddy, but pretty easy to EQ.  Pretty massive bumps around 3.5-5.5 kHz, but like I said, not as bad as the FX3X.  It doesn't ring or reverbrate like the JVCs do.  The highs are very well-extended and strong (a bit spiky, but not as bad as the VSonic GR07 or Philips SHE3580).  I can clearly hear these guys up past 17 kHz.  The imaging and detail are pretty great.  They're not as fast as the CKN70s, so I don't think they'll be replacing them, but they're a lot easier to listen to without EQ, and when they're EQ'd similarly to my liking, they're a lot more laid back and relaxing to hear (whereas the CKN70s are laser-sharp with their precision and constantly demand attention).  These make for great earphones for enjoyable background listening, and the CKN70s are great for critical listening.  In any case, these have no business being only $13.50 (and I paid a couple of bucks less).  My new favorite budget phones.  Buy!

As an aside, I ordered the COR150 at the same time to compare, and they shipped at the same time, but they haven't arrived yet.  UPS Mail Innovations has some logistics and efficiency issues.  I'll report back with a comparison when those arrive (hopefully tomorrow).

May 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #9,551 of 103,250
May 10, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #9,553 of 103,250
Quote:
So i like what i've been reading on these [CLR100]s. Are they better than the JVC fx 40s??

I haven't heard the FX40s, only the FX3X, and I'd say these have a similar signature to the FX3X but sound a whole lot better for much less money.  I think I remember reading that Dsnuts ordered the CLR100s, so maybe he can chime in on that...

May 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #9,555 of 103,250
Those clear ones look so tempting!

Wonder what's the best place to buy the CLR150 in UK. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back