The discovery thread!
May 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #1,591 of 103,961
Quote:
Your perception of the microphonics are correct. They do have some bad microphonics. You can wear them over your ears and that helps reduce cord noise. The good news is I don't know if you ended up ordering these JVCs but both the FX40 and the FX101 are almost cord noise free.

I did order the FX40 and will with the FX101 soon enough, but I'm talking about noise from the plug twisting/turning inside the jack. This is worse than any cable noise. Careful movements are required. 

But a great IEM otherwise...

May 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #1,594 of 103,961
Yeah, like a static noise. I got it with a couple different iPods and uDAC-2. I only get it with really cheap audio gear. Strangely, it seems to be much less audible and frequent now than when I first listened to it. It's tolerable now. A bargain yet.

May 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #1,595 of 103,961
That happened to me a couple of times. It should disappear with burn in. Sounds like it is diminishing for you already.

May 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #1,596 of 103,961
Uhgh... turns out that i didn't properly connect the power cable on my ipod touch when i stowed it in my drawer wrapped in a towel with the fx40s... took it out this morning expecting a solid 120hrs of burn in to give them another shot... turns out they got up to 54 before the battery kicked it.

Ordered a pair of fx101s should get here tomorrow/day after. looking forward to those... I've got a spare pair unopened of she3580s and MP8320s too...

I'm trying to decide which of these <$25 phones are my favorites/recommend to friends models.  I only have my own perspective on the fx40s which i thoroughly enjoy for as long as i can keep them in my ears - probably the best of the pack for someone with normal ears who doesn't mind the harsh highs/sibilance

May 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #1,597 of 103,961
Quote:
Uhgh... turns out that i didn't properly connect the power cable on my ipod touch when i stowed it in my drawer wrapped in a towel with the fx40s... took it out this morning expecting a solid 120hrs of burn in to give them another shot... turns out they got up to 54 before the battery kicked it.

Ordered a pair of fx101s should get here tomorrow/day after. looking forward to those... I've got a spare pair unopened of she3580s and MP8320s too...

I'm trying to decide which of these <$25 phones are my favorites/recommend to friends models.  I only have my own perspective on the fx40s which i thoroughly enjoy for as long as i can keep them in my ears - probably the best of the pack for someone with normal ears who doesn't mind the harsh highs/sibilance

Don't give up on them for the burn. They change at around 80 hours of burn. The high will simmer down quite a bit for you. I have a feeling you are almost there but not quite. I think it takes a good 100 hours for them to be burned straight. Gone is the v sound signature and the treble boost from open box.. You are gonna be surprised when they do turn.  Also the FX101 will be much easier on your ears as they have a musical roomy sound vs the the tight clean sound of these FX40s.

Keep at it and you will see. Oh and one more. I tried using some comply foams If you have any I would try those on here. Those also slightly dampen the highs.

May 23, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #1,599 of 103,961
Ok so my FX101 been on the burn for a good 40 hours..The bass on these are

The difference from the former FX1X vs these FX101 is unreal.. The overly warm mids and artificial sounding highs on the FX1X made them sound like a passable bass heavy earphone for bass lovers. These are a different story. The sound as they say are proper for all of your music. Not just bass heavy ones but for bass lovers. You guys have a very nice treat coming your way for a mere $16..Bass this good does not exist for this price. I am listening to Lil Wayne and I have to say the sub bass on these are so Solid. It is unbelievable. Not only that. These are very versatile..

Bass lovers rejoice you guys have something to be happy about. Order these. If you guys haven't yet. These are gonna surprise bass guys for certain. Burn actually is filling out the bass end of these. People that own the MG7 are gonna be pissed. Lol!! These actually have a higher quality sound over them. Hear them for yourself. The Sub bass just as strong.

May 23, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #1,601 of 103,961
Quote:
^ Interesting considering I thought the sub bass on the FX1X was excellent.

The sub bass is excellent on the FX1X. Where these new FX101 improve on them is the rest of the sound..It is clean and smooth. You know what these kinda sound like Katun with big sub bass? Lol.. These remind me a lot of the FX67 but with monster sub bass.

May 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #1,602 of 103,961
Quote:
The sub bass is excellent on the FX1X. Where these new FX101 improve on them is the rest of the sound..It is clean and smooth. You know what these kinda sound like Katun with big sub bass? Lol.. These remind me a lot of the FX67 but with monster sub bass.

I might have to pick them up for fun. Mainly using my FX67 and FXC51 right now, but my FX40 came in a few days ago. I need to test them some more, but I already lost them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back