The discovery thread!
May 20, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #102,362 of 104,203
Btw, can't remember who it was, but yesterday one of you mad lads mentioned the Juzear Flame being available on AE for a nice discount.
Curse/bless you as I ended up getting the last one in stock.
I love all of you, but my wallet does not.
Jk. Nothing but love!
That was me haha. Glad to hear someone here managed to snag it!

May 20, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #102,363 of 104,203
My Himalaya setup is using the gold nozzle from Simgot EA1000 with a black foam insert and a 500 level mesh (Thanks @Dsnuts and @ToneDeafMonk!).
Also rocking large size Orange Liqueur tips.
Not 100% sold on the stock cable tbh but will evaluate my options later tonight.
But I am digging the heck out of these IEMs so far.

The higher the mesh count, the higher you dampen the mid-to-high frequencies. I tried 200, 300, and 500. For me the 300 mesh was the perfect middle ground to not lose too much detail... but tbh, the effect was more psychoacoustic than anything else.

I also tried the grey "tuning sponges" which are also included in the Sigmot kit.. but only for 5 minutes, then they came out again. Was a no-go, highs sounded nearly muffled to me.

..and the stock cable is really well done, malleable and still soft for its thickness... and gorgeously looking... at least for me.

Looking forward to more feedback from you, & congrats btw!

F me, after you triggered me again to review my approach with the plastic mesh filters, I stand corrected. Why?
> I said the effect is rather miniscule, but it seems I was too hasty with A/B'ing them when I got my Himalaya. Now I just tried the 500 mesh once again and this time with much more tracks of my "headphone test playlist".

IMHO with the 500 mesh filter the Himalaya have the best tuning so far. Especially the highs get a fine polish without losing audible detail and soundstage, but the cherry on top is their musicality and already engaging sound signature got even slightly better (to my taste).

My momentary best buy so far.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #102,364 of 104,203
Two things everyone on this thread should know: 1. Hydro is maybe the best value to performance product of the year for me. 2. Douse your iems w/ ests in bleach and it automatically adjusts the freq. curve to Harmon.
So if I douse the CCA NRA with bleach, will it improve the sound, because at the moment, they sound like crap. LOL

May 20, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #102,365 of 104,203
May 20, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #102,367 of 104,203
That would be a freakin' dream!! Don't get me started! An updated improved A17?! Sheeet....I'm be a first day buyer! I have that very same combo as your first pic up top, though I have a black A17 now and not the Silver (my now dead OG is the Silver one, and the Senns).
What’s so special about Sony players? I’ve never owned one.

May 20, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #102,368 of 104,203
Two things everyone on this thread should know: 1. Hydro is maybe the best value to performance product of the year for me. 2. Douse your iems w/ ests in bleach and it automatically adjusts the freq. curve to Harmon.
I've got a FreeWheelin' feelin' that numero uno will be be confirmed as being "true" - when they arrive soon - can't wait tbf !!

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #102,369 of 104,203
Take those things to an electronics recycler lmao
don't forget before you listen, hang them up to dry afterwards... or put them into the microwave :laughing:
LOL These comments made me LOL for reals! I think CCA/KZ took a bath on that NRA, because they never came back with a Pokémon of that IEM using the MST/EST that was in the NRA. Nope. Completely forgotten.

May 20, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #102,370 of 104,203
What’s so special about Sony players? I’ve never owned one.
First and foremost, and anyone else with a Sony, feel free to back me up, the Sony "house sound" is creamy smooth, musical, and still packs excitement, just in a "mature" sort of way. It's not a bright or strident sound, or disjointed, but very harmonious, smooth, and musical as I mentioned. Not the biggest stage, but also not narrow. It does provide adequate width, depth, and height if it's there, but rarely is it exaggerated like some (i.e. my Cowon Plenue J). It places you right into the groove of the music. It's might not be the most technical or transparent listen, but that's not why you get a Sony dap for. It's for that musical experience only a Sony DAP can give you. Others, feel free to corroborate or add to that description?

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #102,372 of 104,203
First and foremost, and anyone else with a Sony, feel free to back me up, the Sony "sound sound" is creamy smooth, musical, and still packs excitement, just in a "mature" sort of way. It's not a bright or strident sound, or disjointed, but very harmonious, smooth, and musical as I mentioned. Not the biggest stage, but also not narrow. It does provide adequate width, depth, and height if it's there, but rarely is it exaggerated like some (i.e. my Cowon Plenue J). It places you right into the groove of the music. It's might not be the most technical or transparent listen, but that's not why you get a Sony dap for. It's for that musical experience only a Sony DAP can give you. Others, feel free to corroborate or add to that description?
p.s. One of their biggest DRAWBACKS is the power is on the weaker side. Most need amps if you truly want to push them with power, but mostly, I use them amped or unamped.

May 20, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #102,373 of 104,203
This ivipQ V11 is so good for an all BA set. Everything is so crisp and detailed and yet remains very musical. I feel that bass in my chest, it's so damn good. Having a hard time trying to decide between this bass or the dual DD in the V12.
I definitely enjoy the V12 so am naturally curious to hear if the high quality sound continues in the V11 and how it would stack up to my all-BA sets. (Penon Turbo and EPZ 530)

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #102,374 of 104,203
First and foremost, and anyone else with a Sony, feel free to back me up, the Sony "house sound" is creamy smooth, musical, and still packs excitement, just in a "mature" sort of way. It's not a bright or strident sound, or disjointed, but very harmonious, smooth, and musical as I mentioned. Not the biggest stage, but also not narrow. It does provide adequate width, depth, and height if it's there, but rarely is it exaggerated like some (i.e. my Cowon Plenue J). It places you right into the groove of the music. It's might not be the most technical or transparent listen, but that's not why you get a Sony dap for. It's for that musical experience only a Sony DAP can give you. Others, feel free to corroborate or add to that description?
Didn’t @RikudouGoku or someone found that the FR of Sony DAP is not actually flat but all over the place to make that sound signature 🤔

May 20, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #102,375 of 104,203

Sony NW-ZX300a (running MrWalkman WM1A/Z firmware) still sounds great even though I prefer the signature/stage of the Hiby R6 Pro. The latter has more power & is way more tweakable. Sets like Rhapsody definitely extend the 300's stage somewhat - the Sony continues to have an air of class & dependability. If they took a leaf out of Hiby's book by offering a fw upgrade, featuring proprietary PEQ/MSEB equivalents - who knows what results could be achieved in terms of tonality, treble extension, air & stage etc ??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back