The discovery thread!
May 20, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #102,346 of 104,205
WOOOW what the heck, where is the hype?

1000013466.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #102,347 of 104,205
Watercooler talking about AI, this thread talking about weirdo 5G conspiracies… time to log off and enjoy some music me thinks
Don't call me Al. Oh you mean Ai! LOL

May 20, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #102,348 of 104,205
That A17 is such an unsung hero. My portable buddy, but no slouch in technicalities. My old one died after 8 years in 2023, so I immediately went into the market and replaced it. Year 9 with one of these in my possession.
I love mine so much. Hopefully they bring back the form factor with newer internals, that can handle larger libraries.

May 20, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #102,349 of 104,205
Delci build quality is excellent & their fit next level - it all adds to your immersive enjoyment/experience.
Quit trying to get me to cave and buy one LOL I already have 4 incoming, bro! :thumbsup: :ksc75smile:

May 20, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #102,350 of 104,205
May 20, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #102,351 of 104,205
I love mine so much. Hopefully they bring back the form factor with newer internals, that can handle larger libraries.

That would be a freakin' dream!! Don't get me started! An updated improved A17?! Sheeet....I'm be a first day buyer! I have that very same combo as your first pic up top, though I have a black A17 now and not the Silver (my now dead OG is the Silver one, and the Senns).

May 20, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #102,352 of 104,205
Quit trying to get me to cave and buy one LOL I already have 4 incoming, bro! :thumbsup: :ksc75smile:
Haha sorry bro...in all honesty they're pants lol !!....I've not worn them since last weekend - as Rhapsody has taken centre "stage" obvs. Maybe the D are due for retirement via the dreaded wooden box lol ?? NEVER - they're the refined "fire-starter" although not as twisted as the original NX7 (- that was a piezo firebrand that could never be tamed!)

May 20, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #102,353 of 104,205
What kind of medical implants?? My point is there's invariably a covert remit or maybe hidden functionality behind the "face value" benefits, which are propagated with most technological advancements. For example, VR headsets & potential health hazards of having a BT device strapped on your head? Hence why I use my Quest 2 also sparingly.
Hearing implant systems, e.g. Cochlear implants, Active Bone Conduction Implants, Auditory Brainstem Implants.

As a class III medical device manufacturer we (gladly for us all) are bound to comply and fulfil many different standards in terms of design, development, and manufacturing. In other words, all products which are not medical products are allowed to publish extreme marketing messages with sometimes absurd claims. We not. Also, non-medical products are manufactured according to much less and to much lower standards.
I'd say, you're absolutely not wrong when you personally want to avoid electro smog as much as you can. Firstly, you're not hurting anyone with this approach, and secondly, it's your choice and this has to be respected by everyone.
Do I always agree with you? No, but I respect you and I'm fine with your approach. In my professional opinion, a BT transceiver directly attached to your head is of neglectable concern.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #102,354 of 104,205
Haha sorry bro...in all honesty they're pants lol !!....I've not worn them since last weekend - as Rhapsody has taken centre "stage" obvs. Maybe the D are due for retirement via the dreaded wooden box lol ?? NEVER - they're the refined "fire-starter" although not as twisted as the original NX7 (- that was a piezo firebrand that could never be tamed!)
Funny you mention the wooden box, because I just placed the Oriveti OD200 in the box just now. Listened to that Slash album with them, and though I really enjoyed the visceral feeling of the OD200, I prefer other things, they lack air with the silver filter, but the black filter gives them too much treble and air, but also brings out sibilance and the bass becomes flabby. So I'll wait until those Conch filters arrive, and if they fit, I'll try them on the OD200, see if it can improve things, and if not, in the box they will remain.

May 20, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #102,355 of 104,205
Hearing implant systems, e.g. Cochlear implants, Active Bone Conduction Implants, Auditory Brainstem Implants.

As a class III medical device manufacturer we (gladly for us all) are bound to comply and fulfil many different standards in terms of design, development, and manufacturing. In other words, all products which are not medical products are allowed to publish extreme marketing messages with sometimes absurd claims. We not. Also, non-medical products are manufactured according to much less and to much lower standards.
I'd say, you're absolutely not wrong when you personally want to avoid electro smog as much as you can. Firstly, you're not hurting anyone with this approach, and secondly, it's your choice and this has to be respected by everyone.
Do I always agree with you? No, but I respect you and I'm fine with your approach. In my professional opinion, a BT transceiver directly attached to your head is of neglecable concern.
No worries - I agree everyone has the right to their own opinions. This subject is way too convoluted to assume that there won't be differences in how we perceive or limit the exposure to EMW devices. I still reckon we're lacking in absolute knowledge, & hence can't fully comprehend how our own bodily toroidal field system is being affected.

May 20, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #102,356 of 104,205
Funny you mention the wooden box, because I just placed the Oriveti OD200 in the box just now. Listened to that Slash album with them, and though I really enjoyed the visceral feeling of the OD200, I prefer other things, they lack air with the silver filter, but the black filter gives them too much treble and air, but also brings out sibilance and the bass becomes flabby. So I'll wait until those Conch filters arrive, and if they fit, I'll try them on the OD200, see if it can improve things, and if not, in the box they will remain.
Wowers...I never thought that you'd side-line the OD200?....one thing is guaranteed in this hobby: the Hydro will "NEVER" be boxed (- unboxed definitely haha !!)

Attachments

• PXL_20240418_161346132.jpg
    PXL_20240418_161346132.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 0
May 20, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #102,358 of 104,205
Tasty! I must admit I am not a major fan of the Monk SPC and Zen LL anymore after getting the Yincrow RW2000 which does everything about 3 times better than either of those. That does not mean I'm not willing to try another (more expensive too) VE earbud offering.
Your VE buds are much cheaper and thin sounding than your new rw2000, the models more similar in sounding full is something in the line of Zen 3.0 or Asura 3.0 FE. Or the new SMG that goes past the two mentioned on the technical side, tuning still depend as all are a little different.

Plenty of good earbuds, your rw-2000 is one of them. Only downside being it's a little dark sounding, but again show how good mid bass the best earbuds can deliver.

A good entry for people who want to try a warm earbud is Yincrow X6, only around $15.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #102,359 of 104,205
Wowers...I never thought that you'd side-line the OD200?....one thing is guaranteed in this hobby: the Hydro will "NEVER" be boxed (- unboxed definitely haha !!)
Yeah, between short nozzles, which make fit tricky, and the extreme swing between the two nozzle sound sigs (I wish there was a middle ground nozzle), I just prefer to put them to bed for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back