The discovery thread!
May 17, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #101,896 of 104,029
No rush on any of these though, I'm basking in my Himalaya at the moment.
And me saying: No rush on any of these though, I'm basking in my Himalaya at the moment.

100%, there's something addictive with the Himalaya... E.g. can't replay Stevie Wonder's Too High often enough with them :k701smile:

May 17, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #101,897 of 104,029
It’s a great fun set. Really impressive air for a Kz. Well worth the 120. 120-150 market is so hot right now.
1000022026.jpg

May 17, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #101,898 of 104,029

No Theme has a new Delci review out. 2-5k sibilance and grain, according to him.

He used this song for testing that:

Sounds like he got it confused with the Klanar, he's says in the vid that the Delci is a planar... Not sure how anyone can describe the Delci as peaky. That thing puts me to sleep.

May 17, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #101,899 of 104,029
What audio gear are you guys/gals looking forward to getting?

Either planned purchase or something on the way.

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Kinera QoA Adonis 2.0 - will be coming together with Relentless.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.
Next up for me is a set of Ziigaat Doscinco. Haven’t seen much about them here, but both Akros and Jay’s Audio have been big on them for the price range. Anyone try them or the Cincotres?

May 17, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #101,900 of 104,029
Next up for me is a set of Ziigaat Doscinco. Haven’t seen much about them here, but both Akros and Jay’s Audio have been big on them for the price range. Anyone try them or the Cincotres?
I remember @baskingshark had liked it.. Can't find his review though.

Liked this review of it

May 17, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #101,901 of 104,029

Either planned purchase or something on the way.

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Kinera QoA Adonis 2.0 - will be coming together with Relentless.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.
On the way:
  • LREY Aurora and Raijin earbuds
  • Moondrop U-2 earbuds (aka paperclip DIY)
Looking forward to:
  • Aful Explorer - my first Aful and it seems reasonably priced, but this will be another blue IEM...
  • Dunu x Gizaudio DaVinci - waiting for reviews, still unsure on whether I need to pick it up though.
  • Pilgrim Noir - waiting for reviews, but I wish they sold it without the EA Eros S cable since I already own one that's currently unused.
  • Empire Ears Triton - still not much info available on this, but it looks great and it's been getting positive impressions at CJ.

● Dunu DaVinci coming for review
● INTUAURA SplendorII for review
● Going to buy Explorer as soon as it's available (and when I have time to listen)
● KZ ZS10 PRO 2 for review but I'm not sure I'll like the more treble focused tuning everyone is enjoying
ZMF Caldera and Atrium closed as part of a tour - will be really interesting to review full sized headphones
● Pilgrim Noir will be the first thing I try to listen to at SoCal CanJam. That thing could be a market disruptor for real

Well they sure aren't cheap so they better sound great 🤣
I haven't heard the Caldera, but I think you'll like the Atrium Closed. Just make sure you have a good source. I can run mine on the BTR7 and RU7 portable dac/amps, but it sounds way better on my desktop amp.

May 17, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #101,902 of 104,029
I haven't heard the Caldera, but I think you'll like the Atrium Closed. Just make sure you have a good source. I can run mine on the BTR7 and RU7 portable dac/amps, but it sounds way better on my desktop amp.
😔 unfortunately I don't have any desktop amps so I hope the Kensei can drive them well. I'm sure it has the power it's a very capable dongle.

May 17, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #101,903 of 104,029

Either planned purchase or something on the way
Impulse ordered a bunch of stuff the last 2 days. I come and go from the hobby so it's time for my yearly update lol. Just excited to see how KZ has improved, seems they're becoming a really respectable IEM maker. Also heard good things about the D41 so looking forward to that.

Anyway, the list of stuff on the way:

- KZ EDX Pro X (That kind of tuning for that price? Had to try it)

- CCA Hydro (Looks promising, getting good reviews here so far)

- CKLVX D41 (Heard good things, super excited about this one)

- TRN ST7 (Haven't had a TRN IEM in years, thought I'd check in on them as well)

- CCA Trio (People seem to love it, thought I'd give it a try as well)

May 17, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #101,904 of 104,029
Sounds like he got it confused with the Klanar, he's says in the vid that the Delci is a planar... Not sure how anyone can describe the Delci as peaky. That thing puts me to sleep.
He corrected himself in the comments. But I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Delci, he's comparing it to the Klanar. Looks like he's using stock tips, that might be the problem.
I don't have the Delci myself, so I have no clue lol. But I have them on my shopping list.

May 17, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #101,905 of 104,029
He corrected himself in the comments. But I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Delci, he's comparing it to the Klanar. Looks like he's using stock tips, that might be the problem.
I don't have the Delci myself, so I have no clue lol. But I have them on my shopping list.
Tried the Delci with the same song on both of my DACs, no sibilance for me.

Also, I’m pretty sure this song would cause sibilance on 9/10 of my IEMs. There were so many high-pitched S, that I had to double check it was not a snake singing. 🎶🐍

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #101,906 of 104,029
Tried the Delci with the same song on both of my DAC, no sibilance for me.

Also I’m pretty sure this song would cause sibilance on 9/10 of my IEMs. There are so many high pitched S that I had to double check it was not a snake singing. 🎶🐍
Thanks, they're staying on my shopping list then. :)

May 17, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #101,907 of 104,029

No Theme has a new Delci review out. 2-5k sibilance and grain, according to him.

He used this song for testing that:

Peaky? Damn, I thought I was treble sensitive. Couldn't disagree more.

OK, the Delci doesn't have the smoothness of the MagicOne or the tame, too-conservative treble roll-off of the Galileo. But peaky? Sibilant? Nope. I also don't hear amber waves of grain, either.

If he thinks the Delci is peaky and sibilant, then I hope he analyzed the EA500 LM as a peen hammer hitting a length of sheet metal.

May 17, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #101,908 of 104,029
Wait -- he called the Delci a planar? Instant fail.

I loathe peaky headphones and IEMs, too. The Delci isn't close to peaky. The only peaky I like is one of the greatest TV series of all times -- "Peaky Blinders."

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #101,909 of 104,029
The Delci is far from peaky and sibilant, even with the crap stock tips. This dude must have treble sensitivity like a hunting hound.

May 17, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #101,910 of 104,029
😔 unfortunately I don't have any desktop amps so I hope the Kensei can drive them well. I'm sure it has the power it's a very capable dongle.

That Kensei will be fine.

Edit: I think single ended will probably not sound as full as the balanced side but I can't imagine it wouldn't be able to drive them well enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back