The discovery thread!
May 17, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #101,866 of 103,983
I am kind of getting disappointed with the XD05 Pro. I am not able to get the charging properly or maybe the battery backup. It charges for me in 1 hour approx, and then drains quickly as well :/ Anyone here has contact for xDuoo they are not replying to my Contact Us message.

May 17, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #101,867 of 103,983
KZ ZS 10 pro 2 Universal IEM
Listened yesterday to the ZS10 Pro 2 and here are some quick first impressions:
Source: iBasso DX260, High gain, fast roll l-off, all Hi-Res tracks between FLAC 48, 96, 192, and some DSD's.... and some tip-rolling.

I was really impressed what they delivered at this price point! Ended up with the switches set to UUUD and the original foam tips (after trying the Type-E's, AZLA Clear and XELASTEC, JVC Spiral++) and used a somewhat better cable from Sigmot since the original cable of the Pro 2 looks and feels super cheap to me.

+ Headspace is truly good, soundstage is well defined and depth is surprisingly huge.. you could even say that the imaging tends to be a bit holographic.
+ Timbre of female voices is very nice but also, to my surprise male voices came very natural.
+ Separation is absolutely ok and for this price even has made me smile with some test tracks
+/- There is a little sibilance audible sometimes, but I think with UUUD it became well under control and negligible. [The Simgot EM6L has much much more, nearly annoying sibilance compared to the Pro 2]
+ Generally, I liked the lows a lot, mid bass is punchy and well rendered, sub bass is presented very nicely but gladly not boomy, just the right amount to my taste. Lows don't bleed into the slightly recessed lower mids.
+ There's an emphasis in the Pinna gain region, which I personally like a lot (as mentioned before, the Pro 2 works nice with female and male voices) and with the last switch in low position, I (psychoacoustically, lol) think that the upper highs are brought under control, as well as by using foam tips or the Type-E tips.

Overall it's my #1 fun and engaging sounding price/performance IEM at the moment, with surprisingly well defined "headspace", meaning that it doesn't sound that everything is just "in your head" , as with many cheaper IEMs. What else can I say, nicely rounded and detailed budget king which scale well with power and good source material. Good job KZ.

Cave: please see my follow-up post below, it seems that I understood the tuning switches wrongly, mea culpa.
Did a quick first impression on them and some follow up posts in the KZ thread recently... Price/performance another no brainer from KZ... gotta catch them all! 🤣

May 17, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #101,868 of 103,983
thanks, so better if QC IS good Moondrop Variations?
If you find a good offer for VARIATIONS (Hifigo usually sells them for 390 with discounts) Yeah, VARIATIONS is the way to go for me. It's a safe bet.

But you could find so many options on that range, I would you recommend to start trying different profiles on the budget segment, until your find your favourite.

For example, get the wargner and cca cra, try them, and find what you like the most.

I love profiles like the FA7S for example, but they are quite rare.

PD. mandame un mensaje en español y charlamos. El otro dia vi un video tuyo dandole a probar auris a noveles del hifi

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #101,869 of 103,983
I am kind of getting disappointed with the XD05 Pro.
Hmm, I wanted to suggest looking for help on the XD05Pro thread...
But I've seen right now that you've been ignored there with the question. :)
Perhaps they are slow on the uptake or trying another language. :)
Good luck.

Cheers!

May 17, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #101,870 of 103,983
Si encuentras una buena oferta para VARIATIONS (Hifigo normalmente los vende por 390 con descuentos) Sí, VARIATIONS es el camino a seguir para mí. Es una apuesta segura.

Pero puedes encontrar tantas opciones en ese rango que te recomendaría empezar a probar diferentes perfiles en el segmento de presupuesto, hasta que encuentres tu favorito.

Por ejemplo, consigue wargner y cca cra, pruébalos y encuentra lo que más te guste.

Me encantan los perfiles como el FA7S, por ejemplo, pero son bastante raros.

PD. mandame un mensaje en español y charlamos. El otro dia vi un video tuyo dandole a probar auris a noveles del hifi
gracias. La cosa es que me han ofrecido precisamente algunos de esos iems y como no los he probado todos me gustaría tener cuidado con cuál traer al canal. Variaciones confirmadas. Fx15 también para darle un poco de crítica, vea la relación precio/rendimiento.

May 17, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #101,871 of 103,983
20240517_130056~2.jpg

The CCA Hydro turned up today and it's actually alright, first listen I like it more than the Pula-02 has better bass more quality and quantity plus the mids are natural with nice body, vocals in particular are really nice and overall less ba timbre. Colour me surprised the cables really nice quality too.

May 17, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #101,872 of 103,983
TINHiFi T5S.

I don't see many mentioning this one, but it might just be my new favourite single DD I have tried. Admittedly, I have not tried many expensive single DD sets yet, but nonetheless, an amazing performer.

Let me burn these in before saying much more. Fits like a glove.

Congratulations on that choice, it really is the very best TINFIFI I have come across......the T5S is so very fun, and gets even better after burn-in. I love it, the build, the bass, the mids, even the treble is so good! So much better than the T5 ever hoped to be. IMO

I don’t even list the T5 in my signature, that’s how I felt about it. :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #101,874 of 103,983
20240517_130056~2.jpg
The CCA Hydro turned up today and it's actually alright, first listen I like it more than the Pula-02 has better bass more quality and quantity plus the mids are natural with nice body, vocals in particular are really nice and overall less ba timbre. Colour me surprised the cables really nice quality too.
More than the Pula 02 (Myer D41) ??
You sir got me truly interested.

May 17, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #101,875 of 103,983

I've just compared the impressive new Penon Renata to the Effect Audio Code 24 & Liquid Links Venom - you're invited to read my full review here. :smile:
Great review looks a very interesting cable

May 17, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #101,876 of 103,983
Great review looks a very interesting cable
It’s thick and a little of a brute, yet the rewards are profound. The retail Renata is 2 grams less in weight than the Renata prototype I reviewed. Both Renata cables sound similar yet this retail one is a little better balanced and does a little better with the mid focus, I thought. Where this Beta Renata was cool smoothing out brighter IEMs, yet didn’t necessarily make Penon regular tunes shine. Yet this retail Renata does, what it does is offer increased note-weight yet still has stage imaging and robust creations of instruments both wider, more forward and up and down...... it just makes replay big. Big and real......like in your face real-life! Cheers

A few members have it, also it was great with the 7Hz Aurora! Adding thickness and density even a step in the right direction over the included gem of a cable.

May 17, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #101,877 of 103,983
So far most of my IEM comparisons have been using this trusty Charge Worx Lightning to 3.5mm cable… super well-built and sounds great, maybe even a little more power and better sound than the regular Apple dongle. And they have audio controls that work perfectly!! Sadly they are discontinued so if this ever breaks, I wonder where to find a similar item. Amazon has dozens of this type of thing but none have audio controls and most have bad reviews. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    837.3 KB · Views: 0
May 17, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #101,878 of 103,983
More than the Pula 02 (Myer D41) ??
You sir got me truly interested.
That's the impression @Jaytiss had also given about hydro.

Btw on the impressive cheapie KZ- ZS10 pro2. So how did the switches play out for you. I didn't change from what was in the box (all On). I liked it, and enjoying the trebly-ness! But curious: any other good setting that you have settled on with this IEM (KZ has again nailed it, I must say)

May 17, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #101,880 of 103,983
thanks, so better if QC IS good Moondrop Variations?

Word of caution, the Moondrop Variations has questionable QC, quite a few cases of the faceplate dropping out from forum members. Including myself:

435778648_810305527651562_2032904757645179918_n.jpg

It sounds good though, for a MidFI hybrid. Harmanish tuned, which will make any measurebator worth their salt weak in the knees. Big sub-bass, upper mids may be a tinge shouty however. Good technicalities. Considering it came out quite a few years back, the Variations is still one of the midFI benchmarks as of 2024, which is more than decent, considering CHIFI gear are coming out of the woodwork every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back