The discovery thread!
May 17, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #101,851 of 104,018
These Penon Voltage are the bees knees!!! They sound a lot more than they cost!
1000027231.jpg

May 17, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #101,852 of 104,018
-SA6 EL MK1 ORIGINAL. Mejor BA Neutral que he probado, excelente desempeño técnico, le falta musicalidad.
- VARIACIONES. Mejor sub400. Subgraves limpios, excelente timbre medio superior, excepcional en tecnicismos, buen todoterreno. No es bueno en control de calidad
- es decir, 600. Buen ajuste, mala relación precio/rendimiento.
-FiiO FH9. Si buscas armónicos en wikipedia, hay una foto de este elemento en la página principal. Bajos un poco neutros, buenos y suaves.
-FiiO FX15. Un poco caro para el rendimiento técnico. Decepcionante.
- TOP MANGIRD. Unas variaciones divertidas.

Tengo algunas reseñas de estos elementos aquí en headfi, no dudes en consultarlas.
thanks, so better if QC IS good Moondrop Variations?

May 17, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #101,853 of 104,018
Me:
“Somehow these IEMs don’t sound as good as I thought?”

Wife:
“Maybe they need more burn-in?”

I knew right then I married the right woman!

May 17, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #101,854 of 104,018
What audio gear are you guys/gals looking forward to getting?
  • Penon Voltage, but price has to go lower, unfortunately it is above budget for me (even with initial discount)
  • I/O Volare: I am in heavy thinking, if it is that much better than Tansio Mirai 10th anniversary (which I really love)
  • you all started to make hunger for AFUL Explorer :wink:
  • Aür Audio Aure (yeah, I know my chances)
  • last but not least: maybe some good quality bluetooth DAC (I have the Qudelix 5k, no problem with it)
    • please do not start "bluetooth does not do good quality" text, I know, mmmkay ? :wink:

May 17, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #101,855 of 104,018
Speaking of IEMs we're excited about, I'm particularly looking forward to the DUNU DaVinci. I listened to it at CanJam, and although I can't recall the specifics, I remember thinking it was perfect as is, with no need for adjustments or EQ. I can't wait for that one.

Another IEM on my radar is the Pilgrim Noir. I'm curious about the price difference between it and the regular Pilgrim. I believe @Jaytiss mentioned he will be getting one and comparing them, which I'm eagerly anticipating.

I'm also looking forward to the Hisenior Mega5est, although I won't be listening to it right away. This weekend, I want to take a break and spend time with my family. I've noticed that I've started listening to music more analytically when reviewing IEMs. Listening to the TRN ST7 and AFUL Explorer reminded me that simpler IEMs can let me enjoy music for long hours without overthinking it. I want to do more of that. Afterward, I'll dive into the Mega5est hype. :)

IMG_20240517_154828.jpg

IMG_20240517_154709.jpg

May 17, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #101,856 of 104,018

Either planned purchase or something on the way.

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Kinera QoA Adonis 2.0 - will be coming together with Relentless.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.
Nothing much. Dita Project M and I wish I would be able to purchase MA Alter Ego

May 17, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #101,857 of 104,018
Speaking of IEMs we're excited about, I'm particularly looking forward to the DUNU DaVinci. I listened to it at CanJam, and although I can't recall the specifics, I remember thinking it was perfect as is, with no need for adjustments or EQ. I can't wait for that one.

Another IEM on my radar is the Pilgrim Noir. I'm curious about the price difference between it and the regular Pilgrim. I believe @Jaytiss mentioned he will be getting one and comparing them, which I'm eagerly anticipating.
Pilgrim Noir is going to be a big one for me for sure the battle of Noire vs OG should be interesting. Lots of good releases as of late, seems like the next few months will be busy. Seems like a lot of stuff was wait waiting on Dusk to release or something. The whole iem game got busy all of a sudden.

May 17, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #101,858 of 104,018
May 17, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #101,859 of 104,018

For me:
  • 634ears LOAK TX-02 - one of the 3 flagship variants, should be finished very soon.
  • Dita Project M - absolutely stunning IEM and I want to hear it after all the praise, getting one in June.
  • Kinera Celest Relentless - will be my first Celest, doubt it come here before July.
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

And for what I want to get, but money might stop me. Pilgrim Noir, Symphonium Titan, CFA Fathom. I'll add a last one, AFUL Explorer look good.
For me, I just received the NiceHCK Himalaya 2 days ago, like them a lot so far... and in arrival I have the "obvious hype train purchase", the DUNU DaVinci, but also I eagerly await the Myer Audio Sliivo SL-41 MkII.

Still on my short list is the Tanchjim Origin and the AFUL Explorer... let's see if I purchase them, there are too many :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #101,860 of 104,018
Pilgrim Noir is going to be a big one for me for sure the battle of Noire vs OG should be interesting. Lots of good releases as of late, seems like the next few months will be busy. Seems like a lot of stuff was wait waiting on Dusk to release or something. The whole iem game got busy all of a sudden.
The comparison between the Noir and the OG Pilgrim will be fascinating. I can't wait to see your take on it since you're the only one I know who will have both. Given how much time you've spent with the Pilgrim OG, your insights will be valuable. With so many impressive releases lately, the IEM market is definitely heating up. It feels like everyone was waiting for the DUSK, and now it's all happening at once. The next few months are going to be an exciting!

May 17, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #101,861 of 104,018
For me I'm looking forward to (but no buying plans yet):
  • Aful Explorer
  • Simgot SuperMix4
  • Kinera Celest Relentless
  • DUNU DTC-480 (small 2x CS43198 DAC)
  • iBasso DC07 Pro (didn't know about this one, thanks!)
  • DUNU x Gizaudio DaVinci
  • Simgot EM10 (might be too expensive for me ATM, let's see a review of / comparison with the DaVinci first)
Edit: added Relentless

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #101,862 of 104,018

I've just compared the impressive new Penon Renata to the Effect Audio Code 24 & Liquid Links Venom - you're invited to read my full review here. :smile:

May 17, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #101,865 of 104,018

For me:
  • Letshuoer new dongle.

Paiaudio PDM7 Universal IEM

INTUAURA SplendorIl Universal IEM

KZ ZS 10 pro 2 Universal IEM

TIN HIFI BUDS 1 TWS

Simgot SuperMix 4 Universal IEM

7Hz Timeless II Universal IEM

Edit:

TWISTURA-D-Major Universal IEM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back