The discovery thread!
May 9, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #101,011 of 103,082
CCA Trio

I am royally pissed. Primarily at myself, for not holding steadfast to my commitment, to avoid the sub $50 market. But on one of the recent AliExpress "sales", adding the $20 CCA Trio to my cart, took my coupon codes to the next tier. So I figured what the hey, for a net loss of $10 (after the bump up in the coupon codes), I'll give the Trio away. After validating my belief, that this pricing tier is great for figuring out your preferences and then moving up, towards mid-Fi.

But no, The CCA Trio is frickin gorgeous, not visually, but the playback can make a basshead drool uncontrollably; no it doesn't punch above it's weight class or disrupts the pricing tier. the Trio decimates all contenders, to a level that I can't quite define right now. As I would choose the Trio over the likes of the OG, Xenns Mangird Tea and even (my recent adoration for) the 7hz Legato. As both the Tea and the Legato both suffer from differing levels of mid bass bloat; which can be EQ'd away.

I'm at basshead level, on the DIP switches: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_down:

To help my fragile belief system (in you have to play in mid-Fi, to get your money's worth), I've slapped on a NiceHCK Black Jelly, Graphene Hybrid 7N OCC cable. Now at least the IEM, tips (Penon) and the cable bring the pricing around . . . $50. Shoot, I'm still in the same pricing tier.. Thanks CCA, for messing with both my ears and my head.
CCA Trio.jpg
Told ya. LOL

May 9, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #101,012 of 103,082
I bit on the Merga for $13.00 with the upgrade cable. Last couple 2DD IEMs have been a disappointment, and I'm feeling lucky with the performance of the ultra cheapo CCA Trio and TRN ST7, so for less than it costs me for my daily java fix for me and my wife, then why not? If they can provide even remotely the performance of the Trio or the Ling, with that form factor, then I'll be happy.

May 9, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #101,014 of 103,082
Timmy shilling the Pilgrim:

Techs above the B3 is something I have to hear, also Effect Audio is shilling their cables lol

Why spend $400 on an IEM when you can spend double am I rite?

May 9, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #101,016 of 103,082
CCA Trio

I am royally pissed. Primarily at myself, for not holding steadfast to my commitment, to avoid the sub $50 market. But on one of the recent AliExpress "sales", adding the $20 CCA Trio to my cart, took my coupon codes to the next tier. So I figured what the hey, for a net loss of $10 (after the bump up in the coupon codes), I'll give the Trio away. After validating my belief, that this pricing tier is great for figuring out your preferences and then moving up, towards mid-Fi.

But no, The CCA Trio is frickin gorgeous, not visually, but the playback can make a basshead drool uncontrollably; no it doesn't punch above it's weight class or disrupts the pricing tier. the Trio decimates all contenders, to a level that I can't quite define right now. As I would choose the Trio over the likes of the OG, Xenns Mangird Tea and even (my recent adoration for) the 7hz Legato. As both the Tea and the Legato both suffer from differing levels of mid bass bloat; which can be EQ'd away.

I'm at basshead level, on the DIP switches: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_down:

To help my fragile belief system (in you have to play in mid-Fi, to get your money's worth), I've slapped on a NiceHCK Black Jelly, Graphene Hybrid 7N OCC cable. Now at least the IEM, tips (Penon) and the cable bring the pricing around . . . $50. Shoot, I'm still in the same pricing tier.. Thanks CCA, for messing with both my ears and my head.
CCA Trio.jpg

Ey, that’s also my setting ATM.

+100000000000000000000 since the MagicOne is aptly named, and I'm one of the most cynical motherf*ckers on this planet about marketing terms.

All aboard AFUL hype train 🚂🚂🚂

Timmy shilling the Pilgrim:

Techs above the B3 is something I have to hear, also Effect Audio is shilling their cables lol

Why spend $400 on an IEM when you can spend double am I rite?

I wonder whether pilgrim OG comes first, and then the Noir was designed as an extra upgrade, or they build the Noir first and decided it was still too expensive and cut some corner to make the normal pilgrim. It’s seems to me when unboxing that they are out of budget when they reach the cable 😂 seriously, like the pentaconn connectors were designed and pretty, the chin split is less designed, and the 4.4 is generic

I’m still split about how I think about the tuning. On the one hand, it’s probably the safest Elysian IEM out there, but still maintain that beautiful and forward vocal rendition. On the other hand, it lacks the aggressiveness of Anni and Gaea.

But still, if flat and forward midrange + deep bass extension + even treble extension into 20k appeal to you, this IEM would be a $400 well spent.

May 9, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #101,017 of 103,082
I agree with you. Discovery is mostly about discovering the BEST VALUE in sound (this was the origins of Ds's original post), though all discoveries and prices are warranted and welcome here, but this isn't going to find it's footing on the Watercooler thread (which is where the big spenders commiserate) either, because they like bougee and boutique, and Penon ain't it in those circles. How did that Impact do? I never hear ANYTHING about it. Or that uber expensive Tansio Mirai RGB? Yeah. Neither are ever mentioned in the "budget no limit" threads. As far as shoes, those limited run and boutique shoe companies know as soon as they release a shoe, regardless of price, it's going to SELL OUT. Almost instantly. This will not be the case here. I GUARANTEE it.
Didn’t Twister6 review both Impact and Mirai RGB and loved both? I remember both IEMs were hyped by coolers back then too.

The thing is even budget no limit folks cannot buy everything if they cannot resell at a good price. Say, if they grab Anni, “Birds” or Jewels, XE6, that sorts of things, they can resell without much loss and try other hyped things (that they can resell). Buying, say, Hiby Zeta, you better be ready to hold on to that until the end of time.

Since I don’t want to sell anything, it’s moot 😂

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #101,018 of 103,082
IMG_7629.jpeg

Rose Technics QT-X has arrived. First impressions are very solid, was very surprised by how small the actual monitors are.

More to come!

May 9, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #101,019 of 103,082
Just received my purple Cinnos. Initial listen before burn-in; I was very surprised by the amount of bass. I think I got lucky and got one of the sets with boosted low end. Or maybe they did a silent retune with the purple and green release? Everything else is just SMOOTH even with the volume cranked up.

Fit is really good as well, just sinks in and disappears much like the Delci.

20240509_173203.jpg

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #101,020 of 103,082
1000021318.jpg

Look what just arrived boys! (and girls maybe?)

Quick fresh out of the box way too early impressions: The shells are chonky! Also, HOLY F!! These things are $20??? KZ did some deal with the devil here because these are phenomenal! If I had tried these for the first time blindfolded, I'd guess these were upwards of $300.

I'm still trying different settings but so far I'm liking 1100. Full review will be coming in a couple weeks after I finish some others first but *spoiler alert* these will be getting a glowing recommendation from me already.

Quick questions for others that have the Trio: what settings are you liking and why? Also are the switches upside down on one of the shells or is it just mine?

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #101,021 of 103,082
May 9, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #101,022 of 103,082
May 9, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #101,023 of 103,082
Didn’t Twister6 review both Impact and Mirai RGB and loved both? I remember both IEMs were hyped by coolers back then too.

The thing is even budget no limit folks cannot buy everything if they cannot resell at a good price. Say, if they grab Anni, “Birds” or Jewels, XE6, that sorts of things, they can resell without much loss and try other hyped things (that they can resell). Buying, say, Hiby Zeta, you better be ready to hold on to that until the end of time.

Since I don’t want to sell anything, it’s moot 😂
Yeah, that makes sense.

For that first sentence, the part about "back then" is the key phrase. Things that are everygreen are evergreen, like the IEMs in sentence #2. Exactly.

May 9, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #101,024 of 103,082
1000021318.jpg

Quick fresh out of the box way too early impressions: The shells are chonky! Also, HOLY F!! These things are $20??? KZ did some deal with the devil here because these are phenomenal! If I had tried these for the first time blindfolded, I'd guess these were upwards of $300.

I'm still trying different settings but so far I'm liking 1100. Full review will be coming in a couple weeks after I finish some others first but *spoiler alert* these will be getting a glowing recommendation from me already.

Quick questions for others that have the Trio: what settings are you liking and why? Also are the switches upside down on one of the shells or is it just mine?
Not just yours. Mine too.

May 9, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #101,025 of 103,082
1000021318.jpg

Some users here recommended UDUD for the Trio's switches and that's what I prefered in the end.

I've been using the Trio since I got them. They really are phenominal for a $50 IEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back