The discovery thread!
May 8, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #100,801 of 103,625
Slightly offtopic,

Needed to upgrade my quality for my YT channel. Did a huge investment and grabbed my first full frame camera 😁😁 welcome Sony a7c mkii with Sigma 24-70 f2.8 to the family guys 😁😁

1000024204.jpg
1000024207.jpg
1000024218.jpg
Thank you people for the wishes 😁😁

Congrats! Looking forward.

One suggestion, if you don't mind. That background vase needs to go :- ) and can the wall background be changed to something else? Not sure what, though! But some changes in background please. Or something added to that wall. Needs to match your great iem collections:- )

As a non-paying subscriber I demand these changes!

May 8, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #100,802 of 103,625
Congrats! Looking forward.

One suggestion, if you don't mind. That background vase needs to go :- ) and can the wall background be changed to something else? Not sure what, though! But some changes in background please. Or something added to that wall. Needs to match your great iem collections:- )

As a non-paying subscriber I demand these changes!
Haha I am.working next on those only..I have shot the newer videos on other locations, they are still not perfect but I am working on creating a different environment for my videos. Maybe another 500$ investment needed for the background 😁

My subscribers will always be non-paid, will ask YT for money 😂😂

May 8, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #100,803 of 103,625
Haha I am.working next on those only..I have shot the newer videos on other locations, they are still not perfect but I am working on creating a different environment for my videos. Maybe another 500$ investment needed for the background 😁

My subscribers will always be non-paid, will ask YT for money 😂😂

: - ) yay!

I know wallpapers aren't a thing in India (that's for the sissies in the West!) but that could be a solution. But don't become hands-only reviewer; that moustache deserves an admiring audience!

Edit: or something(s) elegant from 'Dilli Haat' to hang on the wall. And if you going to Dilli haat, have a Kashmiri thali for me. Was there last week, went with Manipuri. While the pork curry was good, I think the Kashmiri thali offers better variety (at least used to in the past).

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #100,804 of 103,625
TRN charging 30 bucks for a seven driver set is kinda wild.

Makes you wonder how much the BAs cost, probably cents assuming there are 5 BAs on each side
1715141952072.png

May 8, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #100,806 of 103,625
Are you normally sensitive to treble or is it just that bad?

Got my ST7 a few days ago. I've had to stack 2 500 mesh filters on the nozzle grills, use Final Type E tips, and stuff 4x3 high density foams inside the tips to bring sibilance down to tolerable levels. Can't put foams inside the nozzle; 2 BAs are staring right at you when you lift up the grill.

Punchy bass with the 2 DDs though.
I was using the ST7 with the DSP cable at first, and I think that was contributing to the excessive sibilance. Switched to the thick 8 core KZ cable and TP50 dongle, and I was able to remove the high density foams. I'm keeping the 500 mesh filters and Final E tips for now though.

Try out we can't be friends by Ariana, that's my new sibilance test track.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #100,807 of 103,625
You do prefer spicier Treble in general na? So even if this mild (for you) it might not be for me, going by @PhonoPhi review at Post in thread 'The discovery thread!' https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-18095599

As you can guess, trying to find a reason to stay away :) hope the pro2 satisfies (if at it ever arrives) and I don't go in search of these! As it is I was thinking of asking them if it's possible to transfer that prordered pro2 money into hydro/explorer (both not listed yet, but. Luckily neither is this trn one).

As next planned purchase is between CCA hydro and Aful explorer. All these 20-30 dollars killers (so tempting) add up to disrupt planned purchases!
I certainly can tolerate and enjoy spicier treble, but not sibilant treble. I like extension and shimmer, because I was a singer in metal bands, and so I was around the sound of cymbal ride, crashes, and hi hat strikes, and I love that lingering extension, but I'm not a fan of shrill or sibilant or peaky, and the ST7 are NOT in any way any of that. Normally, I'd want more extension, but the highs are very controlled and tastefully done on the ST7, so I don't mind at all, and these things are amazing with metal and hard rock. Especially death and black metal. They don't miss a thing and are able to present busy and congested tracks with ease.

May 8, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #100,809 of 103,625
Just to recap for my own benefit. On the new releases.

In the 100 to 150$: KZ Hydro (@Jaytiss recos) and Celest Relentless (Baskinshark initial impressions seems to be pretty good).
It's one of those items that isn't perfect but it is in that weird price point. It's just so good. Like it's just right tonal balance with great extension. Good price-to-performance ratio. Like I love it. How much.? Hard to say. If I didn't have a pile of stuff and hifiguides drama to deal with over eviscerating some iem in a Youtube review not long ago...

Suffice it to say. It is one of those iems that never leaves me hating life. Plus it feels like a cheat code. Dope cable, nice switches. I have no problem recommending that iem. None. Yeah, I like my ff gm, and anni but that dumb cheap iem slaps. Really competes with stuff easily in the 1000 dollar range for many things. The upper air is great.

Plus I don't care about all the KZ reviewer drama. I feel it doesn't affect me as lover and buyer of earphones, and I kinda want to stick it to the world. Time to tell the world the CCA Hydro is a beast. Maybe I just did. XD

May 8, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #100,810 of 103,625
For me biggest diference on price is this. Headphones like, he 1000 se or sennheiser hd 800 is still bigger in sound wider, deeper 360 around your head. Big drivers have more air still think hd 800 for price is goat.

May 8, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #100,811 of 103,625
May 8, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #100,813 of 103,625
Price for timsok is ok. You got better refinement sound for longer listening sesion than ea 1000 no more volume up and down .This refinement is everywhere no more lost sound parts in difficult pasages. Sound is overall more coherent ea 1000 is like disconected. For price performance is timsok still good. When i got super extreme for diference ara is touch more natural timsok touch digital but is minimal diference.

May 8, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #100,814 of 103,625
hifiguides drama to deal with over eviscerating some iem in a Youtube review not long ago...

17b29932-23a4-4f0e-ba37-56f7c89dcf42_text.gif

Is AmericanSpirit still there? I haven't seen him on Twitter for a long time.
That's the thing about online friends. You have no idea whether they moved on with their lives or they are ...

Anyhow, I like EA1000. That's my main opinion of the IEM market in 05/2024 :beyersmile: .
(And I'm too scared to bring the Anni 2023 out of the house. Insane amount of money for an IEM.)

May 8, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #100,815 of 103,625
One of the go to tracks for testing (for me)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back