The discovery thread!
May 7, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #100,696 of 103,509
You know, I just have a thought.

What if none of you are real? 😂

How do I know? Besides a handful headfier I have seen in real life, the rest of you, as good and interesting friends are you are, exist only within the screen of my phone. I type things in a box, a few hours later there are some bell notifications of response. All of this could be AI. Or a bot farm somewhere.

When you change a 128x128 picture, who know if you are you.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

May 7, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #100,697 of 103,509
How do you like it compared to something like the Origin? I haven’t heard that or the Oxygen but just curious.

On paper, the Origin has 3 tuning nozzles but it is a scam as there ain't much sonic differences on graphing.

Tanchjim_Origin.jpg

The Falcon Ultra has only two tuning nozzles but they do make a difference, one is more Harmanish, the other is laid back.

received_373217402314545.jpeg

Anyway the Falcon Ultra has more sub-bass, with a tinge less treble extension. The Falcon Ultra has a smaller stage, but has better imaging, with the rest of the technical aspects about on par.

Of note, the Falcon Ultra is easier to drive, and it has a way better accessory spread.

May 7, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #100,698 of 103,509

How do I know? Besides a handful headfier I have seen in real life, the rest of you, as good and interesting friends are you are, exist only within the screen of my phone. I type things in a box, a few hours later there are some bell notifications of response. All of this could be AI. Or a bot farm somewhere.

When you change a 128x128 picture, who know if you are you.
Brother its like 10AM here and you are already giving me drunk vibes. Now i need a beer to start my day ahead

May 7, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #100,699 of 103,509
new title, new avatar, new era

crap i post too much

heres to another 1500 more
Damn son! 1500+ posts in ~8 months! And I thought I was addicted to Head-fi.

I mean you live on an island away from any other continent. How can you be sure anything exists anywhere???

May 7, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #100,700 of 103,509
On paper, the Origin has 3 tuning nozzles but it is a scam as there ain't much sonic differences on graphing.

Tanchjim_Origin.jpg

The Falcon Ultra has only two tuning nozzles but they do make a difference, one is more Harmanish, the other is laid back.

received_373217402314545.jpeg

Anyway the Falcon Ultra has more sub-bass, with a tinge less treble extension. The Falcon Ultra has a smaller stage, but has better imaging, with the rest of the technical aspects about on par.

Of note, the Falcon Ultra is easier to drive, and it has a way better accessory spread.
Thanks, always appreciate your graphs :ok_hand:

May 7, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #100,702 of 103,509
New Meze 105AER open back launching soon along with their IEM... adding this to my "exciting products 2024" answer
1715029903378.png
1715030063569.png
https://www.headfonia.com/high-end-munich-2024-preview-3/7/
Why do you do this to me?! 109Pro are the greatest thing. Ever. Waiting to see where the 105 slots in, they look sharp - as all Meze products do. As for IEMs, they are already on my Wishlist.

So weird, right! Imagine having to explain all this to a simple 19th century man. Or a woman, to make it even more difficult 😂 jk ladies

May 7, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #100,703 of 103,509
Does the blue nozzle on the Falcon sound as the graph indicates with better separation of the upper mids and lower treble?

Edit: And more treble air? Looks pretty good to me.
Yes, the blue nozzle sounds crisper and more "technical" to me. I tried to turn up the volume of the gold nozzle to compensate but it does not reach the same level to my ears.

May 7, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #100,704 of 103,509
Why do you do this to me?! 109Pro are the greatest thing. Ever. Waiting to see where the 105 slots in, they look sharp - as all Meze products do. As for IEMs, they are already on my Wishlist.
judging by the naming convention and lack of wood on the cups, i would imagine this falls around the 500 dollar range... blog says its a neutral tuning and not like the others at all.

really interested in this headphone as a replacement for my 660s.

May 7, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #100,705 of 103,509
Yes, the blue nozzle sounds crisper and more "technical" to me. I tried to turn up the volume of the gold nozzle to compensate but it does not reach the same level to my ears.
Thanks, sounds like a decent option, looks a bit better at blending the frequency bands than Origin and OD200 to me based on graphs, although I’d probably enjoy the Origin’s more linear but bodied bass presentation.

May 7, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #100,707 of 103,509
This category is actually quite booming up haha. here are my top favourites around this price.

1. Elysian Pilgrim(Detailed and Clean)
2. DUNU DaVinci(I heard both these at the CanJam and now i have a Pilgrim with me for review).
3. TSMR-X(Musical and fun).
4.Project M(Relaxing, Musical).
5. LETSHUOER Cadenza 4(detailed, crispy, good timbre).
6. NiceHCK Himalaya(clean sounding, Balanced profile, and excellent build).
Nice.

May 7, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #100,709 of 103,509
Have you compared to it the Origin or Oriveti OD200? Currently looking at those three IEMs for a future purchase of a single DD with a smooth sound.
OD200 is musical, with thick midbass with excellent treble sparkle and extension. It's a bassy set.

May 7, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #100,710 of 103,509
  1. Sony NW-ZX707 (JP). Warm and bassy. Outstanding battery life. Android 13. Small enough to pocket. Big enough to watch videos and browse the web.
I love how this thing sounds. I actually got the Questyle M15i dongle after this and for supposedly being the "endgame dongle" it sounds like broken glass in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back