The discovery thread!
May 6, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #100,651 of 103,335
Been a while. How's everyone doing?
I am about to get something new... Leaning towards Himalaya, but I'm not 100% sure.
I really haven't bought anything since trading for the MEST MK1 last year.
Hope everyone's having a good day!

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #100,652 of 103,335
I am about to get something new... Leaning towards Himalaya, but I'm not 100% sure.
Yoooo I was just wondering where you disappeared to.. hope you’re well

May 6, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #100,654 of 103,335
Yoooo I was just wondering where you disappeared to.. hope you’re well
Much appreciated, brothers!
Just been living life. I've been out of the loop for a few months now.
What are some of the best sub $500 IEMs from this year?
Any thoughts about Dusk2, DosCinco or Himalaya?

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #100,655 of 103,335
Welcome back my friend,

I am currently using the Himalya and I am loving it 😁

May 6, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #100,656 of 103,335
1. ZMF Aeolus. Yeah, it's not an IEM. But it's absolutely fantastic. Love every second I listen to it. So far, the ideal headphone to match my sonic preferences. Incredible looks and build quality, too.
2. Kefine Delci. It's stupid how enjoyable this IEM is for $60. Sub-bass-alicious, with solid mids and top end. Great tuning from this single DD. Wonderful timbre, cohesion.
3. Artti R1. Another superb set often on sale for $60. More mid-bass focused and a bit more top-end glare and metallic timbre than Delci but still terrific for the money. Can't go wrong with the Delci or the R1 -- up to your preferences.
4. CCA Trio. Impressive triple DD with tuning switches. Good detail, separation for a budget IEM. Gets a bit grainy in the upper mids and top end in complex passages, but hey, it's a $40 IEM with tuning switches that sounds good. Slightly thin note weight, but that's an observation, not a criticism. This is a solid pick at $40. I still would get the Delci for another $20. But for $20-28 on AliExpress? The Trio is a steal.

Trend I don't like: The move by manufacturers to cram more drivers into a shell. We're veering very close to calling our little gems OEMs (outside ear monitors) instead of IEMs. Some shells and nozzles are getting HUGE because Chi-fi IEM companies are using driver count as a marketing point much like they use the reduction of .0000004 SINAD as a marketing point for new amp releases. Foolish. I will take a well-tuned, cohesive single driver or two-driver unit over a 10-driver unit with poor cohesion or a massive shell every damn day.
I liked the idea of OEMs 🤣🤣

May 6, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #100,657 of 103,335
Welcome back my friend,

I am currently using the Himalya and I am loving it 😁
I am definitely interested in the Himalaya, but a bit turned off by folks saying that they sound best with a nozzle change (I do have a Simgot tuning kit so should be able to mod it though).

May 6, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #100,658 of 103,335
May 6, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #100,659 of 103,335
I am definitely interested in the Himalaya, but a bit turned off by folks saying that they sound best with a nozzle change (I do have a Simgot tuning kit so should be able to mod it though).
Its not that the stock nozzles are necessarily bad. Its just that the nozzles are fairly short. The Simgot nozzles fit them perfectly and sits much longer. Which endables a better fit inside the ears therefore giving better seal which also equates to better sound.

I think it will depend mostly on your ear anatomy weather you will benefit from a nozzle mod but for me it did and some of the others that got them.
Best bang for $400? My vote is for the TSMR-X. If your a bass fan I am willing to bet you there will not be another set mentioned on this thread or elsewhere at that price that will match it for bass acumen. I would read up on them if I was you. Pilgrim is getting a lot of recent spotlight but I am gonna dout it has the bass end of the TSMR-X. There will be a Pilgrim Noir that has more bass and cost double but even then. Dual coaxial bass it does not have.

Now if your a dynamic purist than Himalya is certainly a great option.

May 6, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #100,660 of 103,335
Elysian Pilgrim is the new hotness.
Is it only available through MusicTeck in the US?
Looks to be sold out.
I would like to read more about this set.
Thanks for the heads up!

May 6, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #100,661 of 103,335
Is it only available through MusicTeck in the US?
Looks to be sold out.
I would like to read more about this set.
Thanks for the heads up!
Comes out sometime this week I believe.

It’s Elysian’s new budget IEM, they are releasing a $400 entry version and $800 “higher end” version called the Pilgrim Noir later. The Noir comes with a warmer, bassier, midcentric tuning, new driver crossover, and special Eros S cable. * and a sexy black + gold colorway

Both are getting pretty rave reviews. Personally holding out for the Noir. The pilgrim is said to be influenced by the Diva and Anni tunings at a lower price.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #100,662 of 103,335
Its not that the stock nozzles are necessarily bad. Its just that the nozzles are fairly short. The Simgot nozzles fit them perfectly and sits much longer. Which endables a better fit inside the ears therefore giving better seal which also equates to better sound.

I think it will depend mostly on your ear anatomy weather you will benefit from a nozzle mod but for me it did and some of the others that got them.
Best bang for $400? My vote is for the TSMR-X. If your a bass fan I am willing to bet you there will not be another set mentioned on this thread or elsewhere at that price that will match it for bass acumen. I would read up on them if I was you. Pilgrim is getting a lot of recent spotlight but I am gonna dout it has the bass end of the TSMR-X. There will be a Pilgrim Noir that has more bass and cost double but even then. Dual coaxial bass it does not have.

Now if your a dynamic purist than Himalya is certainly a great option.
@Dsnuts I can't remember if you ever got your hands on a Hype 4. If so, would you be able to compare the TSMR-X to the Hype 4? I'm just trying to figure out if it is a waste of my time to grab the Hype 4.

May 6, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #100,663 of 103,335
Hello Friends,
What gear so far in 2024 has interested you guys the most??
- Fiio FA19
- 7hz Aurora
- CCA Trio
- Hidizs MP145

May 6, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #100,664 of 103,335
Not disputing you or looking down on you, but I smiled at P8 and “other TOTL offerings”. I mean I love P8 as much as any other AFUL fanboys but let’s not underestimate the big bois 😂

But again, it’s mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
We can agree on a lot of things, and we do, but this is where we part. I've heard several TOTL gears, and where in DAPS, I'm well aware of the aural differences the higher prices can make, I'm not necessarily sold on the difference between price and sound makes with IEMs. I think, even with the U12T, it has more to do with the tech than it has to do with the drivers. Like the MagicOne. It's the way AFUL designed the internals and the tubing that makes it special, more than the actual BA ability itself. The IE600 was touted by many, and I mean MANY as being TOTL capable, and no doubt it was pretty great sounding (if you love big slamming bass), but I found them less performing than the Aures, and when I got the EA1000, and listened to them side by side, I sold them. To my ears, the EA1000 performed more in the TOTL than the IE600 did. The Aures even more so. So I think if your ears justify paying a month+ mortgage payment for the music gear, then all the more power to you, but it's very personal in that judgement, because so far, my ears pick up more from cheaper gear than some that hit kilobuck levels, while others swear by the CFA stuff (while others don't), and other kilobuck examples. So it's all in the ear of the beholder as far as price/performance and what one would consider monetary thresholds. Maybe my ears are too old now to pick up those delicious nuances?

May 6, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #100,665 of 103,335
Hello Friends,

What gear so far in 2024 has interested you guys the most?? I have created this video today where I discuss about the ones that I personally liked so far. i hope you guys watch the video, but for my friends who are not interested here are the names I mentioned in the video.

1. Kefine Delci
2. Artti R1 and T10
3. Letshuoer Cadenza4
4. Elysian Pilgrim
5. Cayin N3 Ultra

Thank you!!

1. Simgot EA500LM
2. CCA Trio
3. TRN ST7 (by default - hasn't arrived yet)
4. KZ ZS10 pro2 (by default - hasn't arrived yet)
5. CCA Trio

I haven't bought 5 things in 2024 that came out in 2024. I'm not as hungry for gear as some or getting review units like others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back