The discovery thread!
Apr 1, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #98,268 of 102,857
Could you share a link? I cant find it on AliExpress? Maybe not available for Germans
It’s currently not showing as available for me on AE either and I’m in the UK.

I messaged Shenzhen audio earlier about it, it doesn’t seem to be intentional and will hopefully be fixed by tomorrow.

Apr 1, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #98,270 of 102,857
To be clear, you have a pre-release sample, of the new Dusk in hand ?
No, that’s HBB’s graph. He has a (pre) release version. He uploaded the graph today to his squig.

He uploaded the unboxing video and you can see it’s the final retail version.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #98,273 of 102,857
The Aehta seems interesting for the price but something about switches is a turn off. Messes with the overall aesthetic and feels like one more point of potential failure. Is that a weird position to take?
Subjective opinion is okay, many dislike switches. I dont mind the look of switches, quite passive about it. Having the option to tune to taste is always positive, making the IEM much more versatile for more people.
Neon Pro originally had no switch and was named Neon, had even more bass into the mids than current version with switch on. And turned out people liked it much more with the option to take away more bass with switch down, making it loved by more people due to the switch.

About durability, unless you go ham and switch it up and down every second I doubt it will break. The Neon Pro have switch, and mine has been flipped a lot. Probably somewhere over 300 times.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #98,274 of 102,857
Someone once mentioned that the new Dusk looks like a duck bill and I can’t get over it lol.

Moondrop Ducks.

Looks neat tho. Timeless 2 still MIA.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #98,275 of 102,857

When a cover is a whole other thing but just as powerful as the original ...
Prepare to be mindblown.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #98,276 of 102,857
The Aehta seems interesting for the price but something about switches is a turn off. Messes with the overall aesthetic and feels like one more point of potential failure. Is that a weird position to take?
Aesthetic is subjective, but not necessarily a failure. The 25-odd dollar CCA Trio has switches which work perfectly effectively, offering discernible differences.
And it's not flimsy either.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #98,277 of 102,857
Aesthetic is subjective, but not necessarily a failure. The 25-odd dollar CCA Trio has switches which work perfectly effectively, offering discernible differences.
And it's not flimsy either.
I will never stop being impressed by how you Trio heads manage to compare it to every single IEM that gets posted into this thread lol. Respect the grind.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #98,278 of 102,857
I will never stop being impressed by how you Trio heads manage to compare it to every single IEM that gets posted into this thread lol. Respect the grind.
Haha yeah! And it's Trio too: @FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 , me, and @o0genesis0o

Waiting for the great Croat dancer to stop fussing over silly Simgot 2000 and join the faith.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #98,279 of 102,857
Apr 1, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #98,280 of 102,857
Waiting for the great Croat dancer to stop fussing over silly Simgot 2000 and join the faith.
Whaaaaaaaaat are you serious?? What faith???? :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

EDIT: Hmm, I was waiting for the explanation??? I have faith in you, Boss! :) And that means that...what??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back