The discovery thread!
Apr 1, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #98,221 of 104,292
Oh yeah, completely forgot about that one. I’m amazed that such competent IEM is available at that price (and made by KZ. But that’s another story).

Still 1010 or have you changed the setting already? I think I might just go to 1111 and accept a bit of compromise in timbre.

@Jaytiss the tonality of Singolo is rock solid below upper treble though, unlike the unstable fit 😂 I don’t know how I think about this IEM, so I just leave it playing music all day whilst I deal with other things.
With Singolo reviews not really impressing me, wondering how good is that Klanar Delci. Raves in the YouTube world from Timmy, Akros, Andyaudiovault and co.

But wonder would it offer much difference to a CCA Trio.

Think I shall wait for a reviewer who has heard/liked Trio to compare.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #98,222 of 104,292
For a quadbrid, I'm sure it'll be sensational, but these guys started out as providing bang for your buck hi end sound for midfi prices. Now they've entered Kilobuck territory, so they are no longer providing bang for your buck, because there is no "bang for your buck" in Kilobuck territory, and you won't convince me otherwise, so I'll be passing, and living vicariously through those who will buy it full price or get review units at a deep discount.
AüR have been mainly positioned in the 500-1000usd, Aure is the only cheap model. And only 25-30 was made. So while maybe not bang for the buck, they still provide a top specced quadbrid for reasonable amount on Aehta.

Always the thing with AüR, they dont provide big discounts. I have never had more than 0 - 10% off and then its more since I have bought every release as early VIP buyer, never gained anything for reviewing.

Btw I need to try that CCA TRIO, I love the Penon Serial with the 3DDs. It is the sub $100 market that is insane in value, and most people dont really have to move above. Great musical sound can be achieved at all price brackets.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #98,223 of 104,292
Yeah, I think it's best to sit back, wait and see for a few months. The prospect seems very interesting.
The Singolo is a solid set, like it graphs well and sounds a lot better to me than Truthear Red. It's oddly received. I think a lot of people are annoyed about Collabs in general and especially at Crin's lazy hot take to take a stab at EW200 and the simgots in general, when many feel that's a better than his latest collab. Personally I prefer the Singolo, but it's very close.
Do I need to pay any extra monthly subscription fee or something to get anything above 8kHz too?
I think they'd do good with a monthly sub!

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #98,224 of 104,292
AüR have always been mainly positioned in the 500-1000usd, Aure is the only cheap model. And only 25-30 was made. So while maybe not bang for the buck, they still provide a top specced quadbrid for reasonable amount on Aehta.

Always the thing with AüR, they dont provide big discounts. I have never had more than 0 - 10% off and then its more since I have bought every release as early VIP buyer, never gained anything for reviewing.

Btw I need to try that CCA TRIO, I love the Penon Serial with the 3DDs. It is the sub $100 market that is insane in value, and most people dont really have to move above. Great musical sound can be achieved at all price brackets.
I'm exited for the new AüR. Will you be reviewing it?

Trying the Trio myself, I have a purchased unit incoming.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #98,225 of 104,292
The Origin is a beauty in every single aspect. I think it's a proper replacement for the Oxygen and also, an early contender for IEM of the year.
I don't doubt you, but doesn't "IEM of the year" need to be talked about more than once every 100 pages? Just a thought?

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #98,226 of 104,292
With Singolo reviews not really impressing me, wondering how good is that Klanar Delci. Raves in the YouTube world from Timmy, Akros, Andyaudiovault and co.

But wonder would it offer much difference to a CCA Trio.

Think I shall wait for a reviewer who has heard/liked Trio to compare.
@suman134 has both

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #98,227 of 104,292
Oh yeah, completely forgot about that one. I’m amazed that such competent IEM is available at that price (and made by KZ. But that’s another story).

Still 1010 or have you changed the setting already? I think I might just go to 1111 and accept a bit of compromise in timbre.

@Jaytiss the tonality of Singolo is rock solid below upper treble though, unlike the unstable fit 😂 I don’t know how I think about this IEM, so I just leave it playing music all day whilst I deal with other things.
Nope. Sticking with 1010. I changed not long after you stated that was the position you were using, and it did take a few to get used to it, but now I'm brain burned in those switches, so I'm staying put for now.

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #98,228 of 104,292
Hope he liked the Trio! If not, am not going to listen to him :) Seems a fusspot, the earnest detailed way he potters about all the intricacies, wonder and disappointment frothing out in his occasional exclamations in his reviews :)

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #98,229 of 104,292
AüR have always been mainly positioned in the 500-1000usd, Aure is the only cheap model. And only 25-30 was made. So while maybe not bang for the buck, they still provide a top specced quadbrid for reasonable amount on Aehta.

I will never part with my Aure. Ever since I slapped (L) Dunu S&S on them, They've improved the fit, and they are the only things in my collection that can best the Trio for that spacing, imaging, and transparency special sauce. <3 <3

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #98,230 of 104,292
Nope. Sticking with 1010. I changed not long after you stated that was the position you were using, and it did take a few to get used to it, but now I'm brain burned in those switches, so I'm staying put for now.
I was on 0110

Then these days 1110, mostly. With occasional forays into 1111, for quieter classical-crossover type stuff. Hania Rani for example needs those shimmers of the final switch.

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #98,231 of 104,292
I'm exited for the new AüR. Will you be reviewing it?

Trying the Trio myself, I have a purchased unit incoming.
Yeah, I will. :beyersmile:

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #98,232 of 104,292
I was on 0110

Then these days 1110, mostly. With occasional forays into 1111, for quieter classical-crossover type stuff. Hania Rani for example needs those shimmers of the final switch.
I tried that a couple times, but even though I'm a treblehead, I find the shimmer too much with that final switch up, much like the black filter on the OD200. I just couldn't get comfy with that miuch shimmer. It reminds me of the Tansio Sands.

Apr 1, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #98,233 of 104,292
I tried that a couple times, but even though I'm a treblehead, I find the shimmer too much with that final switch up, much like the black filter on the OD200. I just couldn't get comfy with that miuch shimmer. It reminds me of the Tansio Sands.
Yes it indeed sparkles all abound without the jar-ache though. I only use it for quieter stuff in general as it has that twang-sparkle that I like now and then! But mainly down, rest 3 up.

Curious why you have the midbass down? Especially when you seem to be using a wide bore eartip...

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:59 AM Post #98,234 of 104,292
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-audio-go-blu.25463/reviews#review-33425
GO blu review.
DSC_1832.jpegw.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back