The discovery thread!
Mar 30, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #98,146 of 103,939
Just got my Xenns Top in and it is nice right out of the box, pairing it with the Woo Mini. Sounds absolutely amazing with electronic music.
Resistance is futile, you have been assimilated.

Xenns Trifecta.jpg
Xenns Mangird Up.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #98,147 of 103,939
DSC01738.JPG

Just found out. Fiio nozzles fit as well. Even longer than the Simgot ones. Interesting.
Is that the super narrow bass tube Fiio nozzle that hardly any eartips fit?

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #98,148 of 103,939
Is that the super narrow bass tube Fiio nozzle that hardly any eartips fit?
Speaking of which. I actually tried the narrow nozzle. Very similar in effect to the included blue nozzle for the Himalaya but worse actually. What you're seeing is the stock full sized nozzle. It sits even longer than the Simgot nozzles. So far I like it. Not so much the narrow nozzle. I am not a fan of restricting sound for the sake of tuning and that is what those narrow nozzles do. Sound becomes a bit flat. Restricts height and depth of sound which is a no no imo. This is one of the reasons why the Himalaya sounds so full bodied. Take that aspect away to lower the upper mids and treble and you got a gimpy sounding Himalaya. Did the same exact thing on the Fiio FD5 as well.

So the good news there is if you guys also own any of the Fiio interchangeable nozzles that came with the FD3, FD5 and the FD7. Those will work on the Himalayas as well and are just as good as the Simgot nozzles on the Himalaya sound wise. I like the shape and function of the Simgot nozzles the best as you can tweak the base Himalaya sound to your hearts content using the kit but if you want to experiment, them Fiio nozzles are not bad on them at all. Minus the narrow nozzle that is.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #98,149 of 103,939
Himalaya is excessively warm IMO, bass bleeds all over the spectrum.

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #98,150 of 103,939
Mar 30, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #98,151 of 103,939
NiceHCK_Himalaya_Gold_vs_BQEYZ_Wind.png

Its got a fundamental lower mid warmth to it which is not a bad thing but dont know about bass bleeding all over the place. Apparently the BQEYZ wind is tuned similarly. You don't hear anyone complaining about bass bleeding on the Wind. I would stay away from something like that TSMR-X if you feel these are bass heavy. Lol.
Not a bass heavy set to be honest. Didn't you own the Lofty or the top guy @chickenmoon? These are heads and shoulders better than both those imo.

These on a bit of a tube amping and they sound stupendous.
DSC01740.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #98,152 of 103,939
It's not a bad IEM, and yes it's probably miles ahead of the Lofty, just way too warm for me, I'm probably going to block the back vents and see if it reduces the bass enough for me to enjoy them for longer than 20 minutes. Graphs don't tell the whole story, especially when it comes to bass as important factors such as decay speed don't show in these.

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #98,153 of 103,939
I'm probably going to block the back vents and see if it reduces the bass enough for me to enjoy them for longer than 20 minutes.

I think blocking vents may do the opposite... You can check to see if the vents are actually not blocked, first...

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #98,154 of 103,939
I think blocking vents may do the opposite... You can check to see if the vents are actually not blocked, first...

The back vents, not the front ones, blocking these generally reduces the amount of bass.

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #98,155 of 103,939
It's not a bad IEM, and yes it's probably miles ahead of the Lofty, just way too warm for me, I'm probably going to block the back vents and see if it reduces the bass enough for me to enjoy them for longer than 20 minutes. Graphs don't tell the whole story, especially when it comes to bass as important factors such as decay speed don't show in these.
I am all about modding the Himalaya. So far I have been just tinkering with different nozzles but it will be interesting to hear your take on then with some tape modding.

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #98,156 of 103,939
NiceHCK_Himalaya_Gold_vs_BQEYZ_Wind.png

Its got a fundamental lower mid warmth to it which is not a bad thing but dont know about bass bleeding all over the place. Apparently the BQEYZ wind is tuned similarly. You don't hear anyone complaining about bass bleeding on the Wind. I would stay away from something like that TSMR-X if you feel these are bass heavy. Lol.
Not a bass heavy set to be honest. Didn't you own the Lofty or the top guy @chickenmoon? These are heads and shoulders better than both those imo.

These on a bit of a tube amping and they sound stupendous.
DSC01740.JPG
Good to hear these and the Cayin N3 Ultra en route!

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #98,157 of 103,939
Good to hear these and the Cayin N3 Ultra en route!
I gotta admit I am tempted by that new Cayin N3 Ultra. Looking forward to see what you have to say about them. I absolutely love my PB5. It is the best audio purchase I have made in a long while. Makes my DX300Max sound like it's on steroids.

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #98,158 of 103,939
This is a set up video. I hope you are all well.

Do ear tips really matter?

I haven't try the Eletech Baroque. How is it compared to spiral dot and divinus velvet since they are closest shape to Baroque

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #98,159 of 103,939
Excuse the cross-posting here;

Hello All! I have finally posted my impression article for the Crimsons. I have thoroughly enjoyed this IEM, and I wanted to thank @ZeroChad and the rest of the team for the opportunity to listen to these incredible IEMs at home :beerchug: I would appreciate a read if you guys find the time in your days.

Take care!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/authors/domq422.391282/reviews

Edit-21.jpg

Edit-7.jpg

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #98,160 of 103,939
Would you pick the a306 over the a55 with MrWalkman?

I really want to buy the wm1a m2 one day
My A55 does have Mr Walkman and it's close, but I have to give the A306 props for having a wider stage than the A55 and a more transparent sound. The A55, even with Mr Walman mod, is still a tad bit darker (less treble extension) than the A306.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back