The discovery thread!
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #97,936 of 102,968
You know, this IEM is the only case where I have people getting angry and accusing me of making up BS and elitism because I don’t sing praise about it 😂

It is possible to be both elite and humble at the same time. Not everyone can be Muhammad Ali and get away with claiming to be the greatest and backing it up like he did.

Muhammad Ali.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #97,937 of 102,968
You know, this IEM is the only case where I have people getting angry and accusing me of making up BS and elitism because I don’t sing praise about it 😂
Not that weird if you look at some of the IEMs you prefer lol god forbid you have an opinion!

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:46 AM Post #97,939 of 102,968
Remind us again: why did you prefer F1 pro over this? Tldr version
More depth + less “planar timbre” (but still there) + easier to wear

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #97,941 of 102,968
The Wu Zetian, when amped, is absolutely no slouch when it comes to stage and imaging. It's actually one of the better performers in my collection in that facet. I listened to Dazz Band - Let It Whip and The Cars - Moving in Stereo, and there's some percussion in Let It whip that's hard left/right, where it's beyond the ears in perception in stage width, and Moving in Stereo has some hard pans left to right and right to left, that also end up beyond the ears, BUT...when I switch to the CCA Trio, it puts the Wu Zetian to shame with the perceived distance left and right. Where as the Wu feels like it's right at the ears, the Trio gives the sensation of that instrument or that pan being well beyond the ears and out of head. Those of you who own the Trio, might agree with what I'm talking about? The stage and imaging on the Trio is pretty freakish for a ultra budget set, that's three DD's.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #97,942 of 102,968
The Wu Zetian, when amped, is absolutely no slouch when it comes to stage and imaging. It's actually one of the better performers in my collection in that facet. I listened to Dazz Band - Let It Whip and The Cars - Moving in Stereo, and there's some percussion in Let It whip that's hard left/right, where it's beyond the ears in perception in stage width, and Moving in Stereo has some hard pans left to right and right to left, that also end up beyond the ears, BUT...when I switch to the CCA Trio, it puts the Wu Zetian to shame with the perceived distance left and right. Where as the Wu feels like it's right at the ears, the Trio gives the sensation of that instrument or that pan being well beyond the ears and out of head. Those of you who own the Trio, might agree with what I'm talking about? The stage and imaging on the Trio is pretty freakish for a ultra budget set, that's three DD's.
Agree about Trio (not heard Wu). Also what always pleasantly surprises me, and I keep using it, is the spacing within that stage.

If 5 or 6 elements of music are playing - 2 outside ears, 2 within but to edge, and one or two in between, everything is clearly delineated and distinct. That on busy metal or prog is awesome to say the least. The space between the elements is akin to silence between the sounds or rather gaps between notes I guess - - and it feels aurally good. For a budget device, that's a superb achievement.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #97,943 of 102,968
Agree about Trio (not heard Wu). Also what always pleasantly surprises me, and I keep using it, is the spacing within that stage.

If 5 or 6 elements of music are playing - 2 outside ears, 2 within but to edge, and one or two in between, everything is clearly delineated and distinct. That on busy metal or prog is awesome to say the least. The space between the elements is akin to silence between the sounds - and it feels aurally good. For a budget device, that's a superb achievement.
This might be down to those 3 DDs being out of phase and tricking your brain to have a hard time placing the sound, but hey, whatever, if it works it works! Wouldn't mind trying it.

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:27 AM Post #97,944 of 102,968
This might be down to those 3 DDs being out of phase and tricking your brain to have a hard time placing the sound, but hey, whatever, if it works it works! Wouldn't mind trying it.
No there is no trouble in placing the sound. On the contrary, Imaging is v good. Hence I could place it clearly.

But yeah could be 3dds doing some aural trickery that I can't fathom now.

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #97,945 of 102,968
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #97,946 of 102,968
Hidizs MP145 has a huge soundstage. Better timbre than most planar IEMs, has 3 tuning nozzles to vary tonality a bit.

But the shells are huge, so those with smaller ears might have an issue. Best if it can be auditioned first, or perhaps buy from somewhere with a robust returns policy, in case the fit is a no go.
Thanks
MP145 is in my wish list.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #97,947 of 102,968
For the price, it has to be. Btw, I’m using some Oyaide 102SSC cables and they do it’s job very well.
NiceHCK MoonGod is also on my radar, same theme with silver coating.
I`m in for the MoonGod or DualGod too.
But you can find them for a better price on Hifigo. Most of the mid-higher priced NiceHck cables have a better price.

No need to panic with ”AE-Sale” 😉

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #97,948 of 102,968
The Beautiful Kinera Verdandi

Just finished my review on the Verdandi, one of the most beautiful IEMs I have seen.
It has an energetic and fun sound profile, with a holographic and immersive soundstage.
Feel free to read, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kinera-verdandi.27040/review/33384/

VssRuY2zY5yDD04FWGU8wCCTyFnwnjtiF7UUB3-xHJSdqIjQanKU6GLEBCcghvaUh3g0_cnsoUSDWXEtPxw1bSzVH6cLa26ysUJ529Zb68h0tFsHh7NiKQJCSmK4eMX6O7tBZkMDGb-rHlu9cwesM4U
Sounds good, though brighter upper mids eh. Btw I hope Miroak 634 has more mid bass than upper mids brightness? Will suit my library more.

For this uppermid and subbass, I have the Aful P8 ( not saying it's as good as verdandi of course, esp as it lacks holographic stage), but tending towards that soundscape.

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #97,949 of 102,968
AüR Audio Aehta configuration revealed, going for slow teasers this time 😅 Still no price been confirmed, only know it will be their flagship IEM. Quite excited for this one, had a lot of fun with Verdandi just know that had BC. So if Abel have a good implementation this can be an awesome quadbrid, due to switches this can go from something warm and bassy to a more bright set.

1000032047.png

1000032046.jpg

1000030655.jpg

1000030315.jpg

Mar 27, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #97,950 of 102,968
Sounds good, though brighter upper mids eh. Btw I hope Miroak 634 has more mid bass than upper mids brightness? Will suit my library more.

For this uppermid and subbass, I have the Aful P8 ( not saying it's as good as verdandi of course, esp as it lacks holographic stage), but tending towards that soundscape.

Sounds warmer tilted than Verdandi and less bright, also less bright than Simgot EA500LM/EA1000 and more bassy also.

It's my favorite single DD, considering buying another one to have an extra. But with copper or brass back for a more energetic sound.

1000032061.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back