The discovery thread!
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #97,771 of 104,585
Thanks for sharing your initial impressions. And that’s a fantastic shot too, bravo. I’m expecting Project-M to arrive tomorrow. A departure from the sort of profile I would usually go for, but the design, price and acclaim piqued my interest 🤔😄👌🏻
Thanks! Project M really is a gorgeous package. Not my usual profile either but I love its design and aesthetics and it’s really found its place in my collection. I have to add that the glow in the dark tips sealed the deal when I ordered it, but ended up swopping them out for Divinus Velvets for more low end goodness.

IMG_4312.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #97,772 of 104,585
Thanks! Project M really is a gorgeous package. Not my usual profile either but I love its design and aesthetics and it’s really found its place in my collection. I have to add that the glow in the dark tips sealed the deal when I ordered it, but ended up swopping them out for Divinus Velvets for more low end goodness.

IMG_4312.jpeg
There is a interview on YouTube where Dita’s staff / boss talks about the history behind this IEM and why it’s called Project “M”. I think you can still find the link on Project M thread.

Mar 24, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #97,773 of 104,585

IMG_4312.jpeg
Same here! And the shells look incredible in photos. Thanks for the tip tip 😄👍🏻

Mar 24, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #97,774 of 104,585
NiceHCK Dragonscale 2 in the house… and the first winning pairing is with Dita Project M, which it has now spent most of the weekend with.

IMG_4308.jpeg

Still getting to know it but thought I’d post some initial impressions in case anyone’s circling it. It doesn’t seem to favour any particular part of the frequency range, has good resolution and extension with good dynamism while keeping it natural and clear.

Didn’t think that M was in particular need of more treble, or that the fancy stock cable was lacking. But here Dragonscale 2 is pulling its weight, bringing out the air, presence and positional detail that resides in the upper treble, stepping up the resolution and throwing the stage wide open.

Edited to add: I usually detest fabric sheathed cables, but have to say that this one has relatively little microphonics which pretty much stop being an issue once music starts playing. Which I assure you is the best thing I’ve said of fabric sheaths.

I moved mine since it was pretty bass thin to me, but I can see why some people love it. I wrote a small review on here and averaged it to a 4 since it's a 3.5 for me and probably a 5 for others. The stock cable has great ergonomics.

I need more opinions than likes on my faceplate post. :)

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #97,775 of 104,585
Easily tempted as always, I'm trying to decide if I want to order an Alpha Omega Ra after coming across the recent thread for it. The configuration for the price (~$560 USD, 1 Beryllium-coated DD/4 Sonion BA/2 Sonion EST) is very hard to find, along with an additionally cheap option of customizing the shell/faceplate. It would be a blind buy and I'm still a little concerned the mids might be just a bit too scooped out based on the FR graph, but I've been looking for something with really good bass.

The owner has been extremely communicative through WhatsApp and shared some of the designer faceplace options. There's a black and gold flecked option akin to the UM Mest Mk II which seems the safe choice, but I also like a few of the designer options. I won't say which are my favorites, but I'd love to know what people think. I should add that there's a chance the Ra shell may be on the large side, and I need to try to get a better idea of that as it could make much of the above moot.

AO Ra Designer Faceplates.jpeg

My other primarily option I'm still considering is to wait a couple weeks or so for the Symphonium Titan at almost twice the price, ~$1k USD. Symphonium is of course a much more known entity in this space, and early impressions of the Titan have been really good. I'd love to try the Crimson, even if the tuning probably isn't want I'm looking for. I was considering the Singularity for a long while but it's mostly out of consideration for the time being as I'm not sure if I'll be getting all that much more than I do from my MIROAK-II as a single DD IEM.
Do they let you customize the shell too or just the faceplate? If it's just the faceplate with a black shell then I'd prefer the stock gold-flaked creamsicle look that appears to go all the way around. You don't see too many universal IEMs with shells like that.

1711321604095.png

1711321755158.png

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #97,776 of 104,585
Looks! Amazingly good, how do they sound?
Do they let you customize the shell too or just the faceplate? If it's just the faceplate with a black shell then I'd prefer the stock gold-flaked creamsicle look that appears to go all the way around. You don't see too many universal IEMs with shells like that.

1711321604095.png

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #97,777 of 104,585
Looks! Amazingly good, how do they sound?
I think @nihalsharma and @Ace Bee might be the only ones who have demoed them so far. I think it's a pretty good price for the specs though.

https://www.alphaomegaciem.com/ra

Model - Ra (~$565 USD)
1DD+4BA+2EST

Specification:
1 Beryllium plated Dynamic Driver for Low
2 Sonion Drivers for Low Mid
2 Sonion Drivers for Mid
2 Sonion Electrostatic Drivers for High
4 way-passive Crossover circuit
3D Designed Dynamic Enhancement Dynamic Driver Acoustic Chamber

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #97,778 of 104,585

1711321604095.png

1711321755158.png

This is the "classic" color sheet I was given. These can be used for the entire shell, and the black and gold are included. I saw a post on their FB that had a black and red flecked version on an older IEM which looks really cool.

AO Ra Classic Faceplates.jpeg

Could you give any more impressions of it? Anything to compare it to in terms of sound?

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #97,779 of 104,585
Low Power? Certainly not. Runs planarr iems and hd660s2 cans beautifully. Unless you are talking about some heavy cans..
Maybe it can, Have not heard it personally but in comparison the RU7 with actually having a 4.4 balanced out has 4x the power 🤔 400mw vs 100mw for the FC6

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #97,780 of 104,585
Very interesting reviews. What are your 2-3 daily drivers and what are your favorites overall?
If review unit isn't count then i would say i only use Tanchjim Zero for outdoor and Tgxear Totem for indoor. Totem probally the best performent (for me) under 500$ that i've tried so there's no need for me to buy other iem or something. Can easily focus on getting endgame.
If you were asking me my favorite among those i've tried, that probally more interesting tho 😁

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #97,781 of 104,585
As an aside, Are planars easier to EQ than DDs? As a EQ newbie, I find I can slap whatever amount of bass on my Sivga Nightingale planar (which admittedly went ape-sh!t with their sub-bass roll-off; it's not a roll-off but a deep dive) and it sounds excellent without affecting anything else. But with DDs I have to be lot careful. Of course my EQing skills are very novice-ish, should learn it more. But as an overaching point, does this point about planar hold or is Sivga just an exception?
And if it holds, why are planars more conducive to Eq?

Generally, some inferior quality drivers don't take big EQ well (distortion starts happening). And usually I find it better to EQ down (cut frequencies), rather than overly boost stuff.

Word on the street is that most of the planar IEMs in CHIFI are actually using the same planar driver, so I suspect when people find it easier to EQ these planar IEMs, they are all talking about the same planar driver, which seems pretty decent in quality.

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #97,782 of 104,585
A few size comparisons.............................
DSC_1669.jpegwed.jpeg
DSC_1672.jpeg23.jpeg
DSC_1674.jpegqwq.jpeg
DSC_1676.jpegqwq.jpeg
DSC_1680.jpegqw.jpeg
DSC_1684.jpegsqx.jpeg

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #97,784 of 104,585
You should get a Singolo! They are so tiny! It's like an iem made for infants.
In the mail.........yet my hopes are not super high for whatever reason? Still who know.......I may be totally surprised? Cheers!

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #97,785 of 104,585

@ToneDeafMonk HOOOLY FREAKING EPIC SHIIIIT MAN!​

1000079090-01.jpeg

I just heard the Cadenza 4 yesterday, and this is hands down miles ahead than that! For the price, nothing short of mindblowing! Thanks @ToneDeafMonk for bringing it to my notice, and thanks @tgx78 for corroborating its awesomeness and helping me with procuring it!!
Those 'L' and 'R' markings are on the outside? 🤮

Users who are viewing this thread

Back