The discovery thread!
Mar 22, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #97,636 of 103,939
Friends. What have you bought at this Aliexpress Anniversary sale? What is the damage to the wallet?

Any worthwhile deals?

That 2 dollar welcome coupon is sweet, I could get a free Snickers bar along my super expensive chi-fi!

Jokes aside, I've seen the Origin for 220$ which seems like a good deal, 99$ for the Magic One might also be a solid deal.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #97,637 of 103,939
That 2 dollar welcome coupon is sweet, I could get a free Snickers bar along my super expensive chi-fi!

Jokes aside, I've seen the Origin for 220$ which seems like a good deal, 99$ for the Magic One might also be a solid deal.

The Origin is a sidegrade midFI single DD. Harmanish with 3 tuning nozzles that are gimmicks. Good soundstage but not the most resolving.

Not much value add if you own something higher end or even in the same MidFI bracket (I suspect you own better gear in your inventory?)

MagicOne is a warm neutral single BA that has a lot of tech to overcome the limitations of a single BA, such as the nautilus extended acoustic tube that uses air pressure to pump more bass than what a single BA can achieve. The tuning is very good though, but not the most technical beast. Quite hard to drive.

Originally retailed at $140 which was admittedly a bit overpriced compared to what other gear can provide at the same price (you are paying for the tech it seems). $99 is a good option to consider, especially if you like neutralish tunings.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #97,638 of 103,939
Friends. What have you bought at this Aliexpress Anniversary sale? What is the damage to the wallet?

Any worthwhile deals?

NiceHCK Himalaya
Tanchjim Origin
TinHifi T5s
Kefine Delci
Truthear Zero Red
7Hz Zero 2

Damage is £550 so far, might still pick (or not) Intuaura Splendor, Simgot EA500 LM, SonicMemory SW2, CCA Trio and passing on the Timsok for now.

No phenomenal deal that I've noticed but decent rebates stacking coins, Ali and stores coupons.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #97,639 of 103,939
NiceHCK Himalaya
Tanchjim Origin
TinHifi T5s
Kefine Delci
Truthear Zero Red
7Hz Zero 2

Damage is £550 so far, might still pick (or not) Intuaura Splendor, Simgot EA500 LM, SonicMemory SW2, CCA Trio and passing on the Timsok for now.

No phenomenal deal that I've noticed but decent rebates stacking coins, Ali and stores coupons.

respect.jpg

RESPECT!

This must have stimulated the GDP of some CHIFI factories for the year!

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #97,640 of 103,939
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #97,641 of 103,939
Originally retailed at $140 which was admittedly a bit overpriced compared to what other gear can provide at the same price (you are paying for the tech it seems). $99 is a good option to consider, especially if you like neutralish tunings.

I was going to disagree with you, but then I remember the Pula PA02. What I like about MagicOne is the imaging precision. It’s not laser sharp but the placement is good on all axes. On the other hand, the PA02 is crisper.

Anyhow, I have a hunch that with a generation or two of dongle techs, the “technical performance” of IEM would be “solved” even more than today. A good DAP (I’m thinking of DX300 or R8ii) can pull better stage and dynamic out of IEMs (good example is the Carat that I reviewed last week). But dongles are catching up.

I’m going to music store to audition some more dongles today 🎉🎉🎉

Mar 22, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #97,642 of 103,939
Hahaha, only Hugo Boss! I am glad you're still ready to mess around :)
But I do trust your senses; that's the reason I ordered one, hmm, two with Trio :)

Yes, yes...bass (not boss :) )version, always!
And after I receive these two...I will be able to tell you if it's still worth grabbing (not bragging :) ) FD11

BTW..did you know that, hm, before you were born, probably :)
Your country and mine were in a very close relationship :)

That country I was born and grew up in doesn't exist anymore... :wink:

Cheers, mate!
People break up. You guys had different version of breaking up: with countries. Same difference. NOT.
Here also, more or less the same. Into 3 nations. Though not quite the same as your region. A decade or so ago, read a poignant book https://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/apr/14/aleksandar-hemon-book-lives-review on Bosnian who went to Chicago.

And Yes please, let me know about fd11. Even Trio has pretty decent bass actually (not castor level though) Both products look and feel as if they came from same factory. Everything same except three-lines to denote 3DDs on Trio.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #97,643 of 103,939
Not much value add if you own something higher end or even in the same MidFI bracket (I suspect you own better gear in your inventory?)
I own more than enough IEMs to exit the hobby but like to try sets out.

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #97,644 of 103,939

Any worthwhile deals?

8k3l50.jpg
TRN.PNG
Just a new 4.4 cable and more Penon Liqueur tips but black this time.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #97,645 of 103,939
NiceHCK Himalaya
Tanchjim Origin
TinHifi T5s
Kefine Delci
Truthear Zero Red
7Hz Zero 2

Find a deal on the DUNU Falcon Ultra cancel the Origin it gets outclassed by even the 500LM and certainly the F.U.
In my opinion. Also the Oriveti OD200 is like a better Origin with a nicer shell and accessories for less!
Waiting for my Himalaya to arrive.

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:27 AM Post #97,646 of 103,939
Find a deal on the DUNU Falcon Ultra cancel the Origin it gets outclassed by even the 500LM and certainly the F.U.
In my opinion. Also the Oriveti OD200 is like a better Origin with a nicer shell and accessories for less!
Waiting for my Himalaya to arrive.
Let us know if Himalaya has "unnatural mids" (Gizaudio's Timmy's assessment).

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #97,647 of 103,939
:scream: :scream: :scream: Now it really gets interesting... Come on ALIEX, hurry up...!!!

OK, ok... I already bought it!

Cheers!

ha ha! @FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 does know how to hype things up! I don't know about IE600 and all, will say Trio sounds pretty good for its price. The spacing/imaging takes it to the next level, though how much into the next level, you can tell me. You have heard more iems. It sits perfectly with metal and prog rock - so I am pretty pleased.

It's good enough for me to invest in a better-looking cable for the first time to replace the stock. Ordered this: https://conceptkart.com/products/xinhs-8-core-upgrade-cable-for-iem?variant=40052867891274

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #97,648 of 103,939
Hisenior has done so many silent tuning I would not recommend the 5 or the 5 EST because you never know what you are getting and what anyone's review was based on.

I have reviewed both and the versions I listened to and definitely not a rec!
Mushy bass, Rolled off highs , and couldn't hear the EST'S
Can be that it is some sort of QC problems if yours was like that 😅

Weird how you heard the M5E, one of the things I love is bass that is neither slow or to fast and rather controlled with what Incall elastic quality.
Same with the treble being one of the more extended ones, at same time no over the top peaks. One of my favorite Tribrids.

Btw I'm not saying you are wrong @ToneDeafMonk very personal always this hobby 😁

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #97,649 of 103,939
Mar 23, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #97,650 of 103,939

Any worthwhile deals?

8k3l50.jpg
TRN.PNG
Not much on this sale, ended up getting the Ddhifi 4.4-3.5mm adapter.

1000031267.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back