The discovery thread!
Feb 24, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #96,046 of 103,067
I am also working on MP145 right now. I love that IEM, only con for me maybe the size haha.
I like it also, find it better than the S12 Pro. And some other older planars I have used, of current new models it depends.
Negatives is mostly the size for most people and also the sharp edges for me, the angle is also quite aggressive on the nozzle. Tbh the size is not a big concern for my larger ears.
But the negatives here are very personal

Tuning is very good, MP145 is a musical and fun planar.

DSCF4467.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #96,047 of 103,067
Promised Hidizs to share what I think about the SD2 dongle, so here's a small post about it. Also thanks for sending me the dongle together with the MP145.

The ESS implementation has no sharp brightness to it, its actually quite warm and smooth sounding. Not at the level of Colorfly CDA M1P in warmth, but not that far off.
Most Cirrus Logic dongles like Truthear Shio or Simgot DEW4X is more resolving and dynamic sounding, and I much preffer those. Weak power output that's quite notable on harder to drive planar IEMs.

There is also the awkward design that to me dont look pleasing or premium at all, would almost believe this was a gamer dongle made by Asus.
The way its made also make it really easy to get strain on the phone port you use, the design having no cable do make it less bother some when in your pants and that's a positive. My problem is that the USB C is slightly small compared to most other dongles I have with USB C, so if your like me who have a phone with plug that's more loose it will loose connection way to easy.

Another thing its impossible to position the phone and the dongle in my work car phone holder, probably other phone holder that can work.

There is also the occasionally pop noise it picks up from both my work phone and private one, this is not here on dongles like CDA M1P or DEW4X. Doubt Hidizs will like this post, so ill end it now with a pro con list.

Pro
  • Price
  • Small size
  • Support Microphone cable
  • Warm smooth tonality
  • Led Light for sampling rate
  • Longer USB C part works with most phone cases

Con
  • Design
  • Not most resolving dongle
  • Awkward build
  • No balanced
  • Easy to get usb strain due to fixed design
  • No volume buttons
  • Not very powerful as a dongle
Then the next thing I will write about is their planar MP145, not that negative there. But also got something to complain about :beerchug:

DSCF4461.jpg

1708789262850.png

1708789285580.png
lol what on earth is this dongle

I guess I need to get pumping on that MP145 review…

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #96,048 of 103,067
I like it also, find it better than the S12 Pro. And some other older planars I have used, of current new models it depends.
Negatives is mostly size for most people and also the sharp edges for me, the angle is also quite aggressive on the nozzle. Tbh the size is not a big concern for my larger ears.
But the negatives here are very personal

Tuning is very good, MP145 is a musical and fun planar.

DSCF4467.jpg
Exactly man!! I am using one today to play some Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden on my ROG Ally :p

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #96,051 of 103,067
The 2024 coming AirPods will revolutionize the industry.
79453C9E-342B-4EFE-873C-5216E4798237.jpeg

“There is a need for a headphone case device that can control operations that are traditionally associated with headphones (e.g., playback controls, changing audio sources, changing audio output modes, etc.). There is a further need for a headphone case that can also convey information to a user, through haptics and/or display devices. Such methods and interfaces optionally complement conventional methods for controlling wireless headphones. Such methods and interfaces reduce the number, extent, and/or nature of the inputs from a user and produce a more efficient human-machine interface.”

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #96,052 of 103,067
The 2024 coming AirPods will revolutionize the industry.
“There is a need for a headphone case device that can control operations that are traditionally associated with headphones (e.g., playback controls, changing audio sources, changing audio output modes, etc.). There is a further need for a headphone case that can also convey information to a user, through haptics and/or display devices. Such methods and interfaces optionally complement conventional methods for controlling wireless headphones. Such methods and interfaces reduce the number, extent, and/or nature of the inputs from a user and produce a more efficient human-machine interface.”

I was reading another article about this yesterday. I like the idea. They have to do something since there are now many TWS sets that rival the AirPods Pro 2 in terms of noise cancellation and transparency functions. Additionally, Apple’s drivers sound marginal at best. They mitigate it some in software but if Apple was smart they’d put a far better driver in them and reduce the computational meddling. But yeah. A functional case is a great idea.

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #96,053 of 103,067
I'd like to mention sth special about Dunu s&s tips.

I honestly like them. However, they're kind of tips that won't suit many in your collection due their strange curve.

They're good with long nozzled IEMs that will enter with substantial portion to your ear canal. They don't like shallow insertion. They don't hold well.

But it creates a magic if you go all the way in. I also find it better if they're barely in front of nozzle giving that customized IEMs sensation. I was using them on my Land before I switch to Trn Wide Bore tips.

You're right. It usually occurs when there's no channel division. Bass dominates the other frequencies all from the beginning :)
Just reading that gave me the tingles LOL

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #96,054 of 103,067
The 2024 coming AirPods will revolutionize the industry. 79453C9E-342B-4EFE-873C-5216E4798237.jpeg

Where’s that quote from?

Feb 24, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #96,055 of 103,067

I honestly like them. However, they're kind of tips that won't suit many in your collection due their strange curve.

The S&S tips have been indispensable for me, mainly because they actually seal in my ears. They measure small but the shape works to seal reliably. They may not sound the best but for me they are comfortable and vastly better than tips that are problematic seal wise.

Now, all that being said, the Penon Liqueur tips are excellent in terms of seal AND sound profile, so they’re now destined to replace most of the S&S tips I use.

Feb 24, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #96,056 of 103,067

Yeah, S&S tips are very IEM-dependent. I find that they are good for all of the AFUL IEMs or similar with long and thin nozzles. S&S tips kinda buff the nozzles up a touch so that they stay in the ear canals (deep fit), without getting in the way of the sound tube.

Ironically, I can't get these to seal with the Dunu Falcon Ultra at all.

Speaking of ear tips, I need discoverers expertise: what are some best options if I need shorter ear tips with large opening, soft-ish but sticky caps?

Feb 24, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #96,057 of 103,067
My first discovery for 2024.
MeyerAuduo SLIIVO SL41 a 1+4

What I loved:
A monitor like tuning with Nitrous Boosted beautiful bass

20240223_115945.jpg

Smooth flat mids so tastefully tuned as to bring out the nuances and mico details that should not be possible in this price.

20240223_115413.jpg

Correct tonality and timbre over musical lushness or colorization.

That bump at 2.5k right at the perfect ear gain is a thing of beauty. Adds in just enough upper mids & treble to make the SL41 a not perfect monitor but a slightly enhanced musical fun IEM

20240223_114334.jpg

The spacial clues for instruments and vocals and allowing them the play in thier own space is breathtaking. Only bettered by the FF Grand Maestro, Softears Twilight and Plunge Audio Unity so far from all the units this monk has had ears on.

Cable is Baller the same Limpid Cable from Juzears.

20240223_123854.jpg

Needed some time to get used of the tuning otherwise. If you are used to a Harmon or V shaped tunings it will be different.

Not a forgiving IEM bad recordings will sound bad.

20240223_115514.jpg

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
C$225.38 51%OFF | SLIIVO 1DD+4BA IEM Hybrid Technology In-Ear Headphones 10 Drivers Hifi In-Ear Monitor 2-Pin Balanced Plug Noise Cancelling
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msnmViI

Is this worth it if you already made me purchase the Pula? Have you taken a look at their 6BA model?

Feb 24, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #96,058 of 103,067
Yeah, S&S tips are very IEM-dependent. I find that they are good for all of the AFUL IEMs or similar with long and thin nozzles. S&S tips kinda buff the nozzles up a touch so that they stay in the ear canals (deep fit), without getting in the way of the sound tube.

Ironically, I can't get these to seal with the Dunu Falcon Ultra at all.

Speaking of ear tips, I need discoverers expertise: what are some best options if I need shorter ear tips with large opening, soft-ish but sticky caps?

The Azla Sedna Crystal for TWS maybe is what you'll need
20240225_090716.jpg

Short, large opening, soft and sticky material.

20240225_091211.jpg
Comparison with regular azla crystal non tws, pardon the dust (yes they are dust and earwax magnet)

Another one is tws eartips without brand I bought at ali last time, couldn't find the link sorry but it's like this, sealed well, short, medium bore, material isn't as sticky as crystal but seal well too
20240225_090809.jpg

Last is tangzu sanchai wide bore edition. Very big bore on opening but can hold to most IEM nozzle stem, not very sticky but good seal, short but not the shortest, just another option to consider
20240225_090840.jpg

I guess you'll be happy with azla sedna crystal TWS though

*edit as I'm walking and just remembered, I have feaulle latex H270 too, they are short and sticky but the shape is trapezoid, medium bore, fit is bit niche. Another thing is spinfit CP 1025 but bore also small to medium.
Still thinking maybe the azla crystal TWS is the best option for you

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #96,059 of 103,067
Is this worth it if you already made me purchase the Pula? Have you taken a look at their 6BA model?
In the vid I said only look at the SL41 if you were trying to go deeper into monitor like tunings with even less colorization.

To my surprise they said and new version is getting shipped to me next week with final tuning! I thought the unit I have was so that was a bit of a surprise.

The 6BA is probably one my most favorite IEM the Bass is the best BA bass I have heard possibly even over my UP's DD bass.

Today they told me they are working on a even higher end one with 1DD 6BA
Personally for $399 I think the SL6 could be Endgame material for many.

I mean I keep trying to find flaws in it's musicality and tuning and after 10 long sessions not having much luck quite honestly.
20240224_191402.jpg
20240224_191328.jpg
20240224_191328.jpg
20240224_191402.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #96,060 of 103,067
SHOZY P20
DSC_0345.jpegasc.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back