The discovery thread!
Feb 24, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #96,031 of 103,533
Yeah agreed, I find the IE200 one of the most over-rated gear of 2023. Find it pretty meh for the price.
They are absolutely fantastic...until you hear other Chi Fi for a double or triple lower price :)
But, the fit is amazing, at least for me...$150 for the fit :)

KZ Pokemon, the Symphony.
The sub-bass goes up to 110 dB; even the bass is at 106 dB. ...I don't remember seeing that before in any IEMs.
Those considered with huge bass go at around 105 dB.

What's the story there?

Cheers!

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #96,032 of 103,533
The sub-bass goes up to 110 dB; even the bass is at 106 dB. ...I don't remember seeing that before in any IEMs.
Those considered with huge bass go at around 105 dB.

What's the story there?

Cheers!

Hmm, rule no. 1 is not to trust store provided graphs (especially from KZ haha).

But yeah the Symphony's graph does seem to have a massive sub-bass shelf. Will probably need to wait for one of our esteemed members here to get a set to verify on listening (or even better if they can graph it).

I'm blacklisted by KZ, but here's hoping one of the others can get their hands on a pair, and look forward to their impressions.

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #96,034 of 103,533
Hmm, rule no. 1 is not to trust store provided graphs (especially from KZ haha).

But yeah the Symphony's graph does seem to have a massive sub-bass shelf. Will probably need to wait for one of our esteemed members here to get a set to verify on listening (or even better if they can graph it).

I'm blacklisted by KZ, but here's hoping one of the others can get their hands on a pair, and look forward to their impressions.
I bought a set for poops and giggles

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #96,035 of 103,533
Promised Hidizs to share what I think about the SD2 dongle, so here's a small post about it. Also thanks for sending me the dongle together with the MP145.

The ESS implementation has no sharp brightness to it, its actually quite warm and smooth sounding. Not at the level of Colorfly CDA M1P in warmth, but not that far off.
Most Cirrus Logic dongles like Truthear Shio or Simgot DEW4X is more resolving and dynamic sounding, and I much preffer those. Weak power output that's quite notable on harder to drive planar IEMs.

There is also the awkward design that to me dont look pleasing or premium at all, would almost believe this was a gamer dongle made by Asus.
The way its made also make it really easy to get strain on the phone port you use, the design having no cable do make it less bother some when in your pants and that's a positive. My problem is that the USB C is slightly small compared to most other dongles I have with USB C, so if your like me who have a phone with plug that's more loose it will loose connection way to easy.

Another thing its impossible to position the phone and the dongle in my work car phone holder, probably other phone holder that can work.

There is also the occasionally pop noise it picks up from both my work phone and private one, this is not here on dongles like CDA M1P or DEW4X. Doubt Hidizs will like this post, so ill end it now with a pro con list.

Pro
  • Price
  • Small size
  • Support Microphone cable
  • Warm smooth tonality
  • Led Light for sampling rate
  • Longer USB C part works with most phone cases

Con
  • Design
  • Not most resolving dongle
  • Awkward build
  • No balanced
  • Easy to get usb strain due to fixed design
  • No volume buttons
  • Not very powerful as a dongle
Then the next thing I will write about is their planar MP145, not that negative there. But also got something to complain about :beerchug:

DSCF4461.jpg

1708789262850.png

1708789285580.png

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #96,036 of 103,533
Feb 24, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #96,038 of 103,533
Promised Hidizs to share what I think about the SD2 dongle, so here's a small post about it. Also thanks for sending me the dongle together with the MP145.

The ESS implementation has no sharp brightness to it, its actually quite warm and smooth sounding. Not at the level of Colorfly CDA M1P in warmth, but not that far off.
Most Cirrus Logic dongles like Truthear Shio or Simgot DEW4X is more resolving and dynamic sounding, and I much preffer those. Weak power output that's quite notable on harder to drive planar IEMs.

There is also the awkward design that to me dont look pleasing or premium at all, would almost believe this was a gamer dongle made by Asus.
The way its made also make it really easy to get strain on the phone port you use, the design having no cable do make it less bother some when in your pants and that's a positive. My problem is that the USB C is slightly small compared to most other dongles I have with USB C, so if your like me who have a phone with plug that's more loose it will loose connection way to easy.

Another thing its impossible to position the phone and the dongle in my work car phone holder, probably other phone holder that can work.

There is also the occasionally pop noise it picks up from both my work phone and private one, this is not here on dongles like CDA M1P or DEW4X. Doubt Hidizs will like this post, so ill end it now with a pro con list.

Pro
  • Price
  • Small size
  • Support Microphone cable
  • Warm smooth tonality
  • Led Light for sampling rate
  • Longer USB C part works with most phone cases

Con
  • Design
  • Not most resolving dongle
  • Awkward build
  • No balanced
  • Easy to get usb strain due to fixed design
  • No volume buttons
  • Not very powerful as a dongle
Then the next thing I will write about is their planar MP145, not that negative there. But also got something to complain about :beerchug:

DSCF4461.jpg

1708789262850.png

1708789285580.png
I am also working on MP145 right now. I love that IEM, only con for me maybe the size haha.

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #96,039 of 103,533
I don't know what's a dumber dongle design, the Hidizs SD2 or the GameBoy-looking dongle with non-functioning A/B buttons.

Please: Just give me the smallest stick or rectangle possible with balanced and SE input and clean, ample power. That's all we f*cking need from a dongle! (Well, onboard parametric EQ like the Qudelix 5K is nice, too ... )

P.S.: Your alliterative linguistic test for the day is to say "dumber dongle design" 10 times fast. :)

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #96,040 of 103,533
I'd like to mention sth special about Dunu s&s tips.

I honestly like them. However, they're kind of tips that won't suit many in your collection due their strange curve.

They're good with long nozzled IEMs that will enter with substantial portion to your ear canal. They don't like shallow insertion. They don't hold well.

But it creates a magic if you go all the way in. I also find it better if they're barely in front of nozzle giving that customized IEMs sensation. I was using them on my Land before I switch to Trn Wide Bore tips.

More Air and details because of the reduced mid bass you hear more spacial clues and stage
You're right. It usually occurs when there's no channel division. Bass dominates the other frequencies all from the beginning :)

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #96,041 of 103,533
I wonder if you are getting version 2? Or if they still had some originals laying around
Good question, any way to know?

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #96,042 of 103,533
I personally can't use Dongle DAC/AMPs much except a few models(which i specifically like for their sound, models such as AFUL SnowyNight, Questyle M15, L&P W4 are among them). But I love using my Questyle CMA18P. It is the most convenient piece of gear with ultimate sonic capabilities. I have sent it to my friend for trying and he is liking it too much that he is gonna keep it for another week haha. I liked this Quloos MUB1 as well(it came to me for review, shoot it done, I might post it in the next few days, not running very well health wise).

1708797345615.png

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #96,043 of 103,533
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #96,044 of 103,533
Unlike others, I can only write good things about Kiwi Ears Forteza. True, this is a set with pronounced highs, but it also has excellent bass and midbass, a classic V shape that works well with indie, alternative and hard rock. I equalized it a little with the Qudelix 5K and the result is really good... if you're in the mood and want to fill up with energy!
I hope I'm not the only one who appreciates it.
I didn't get the Melody, as I already have the P1 Max which, properly amplified with the DL200, can already give me great harmony and emotions, listening to great music for hours.

IMG_20240204_143925.jpg

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #96,045 of 103,533
I honestly like them.
Are those tips you get as stock with Dunu Falcon Ultra?
If they are, then I have them on Falcon Ultra, and they are a great fit.
The same tips I tried with the Final Audio B3, and the sound was horrible...terrifying :)

It seems that these are great tips as far as I am concerned, but they don't suit every IEM well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back