The discovery thread!
Feb 13, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #95,386 of 102,824
Probably v shaped tonality with forwarded upper mids (read : shouty)
Sorry but call me skeptical I'm not sure how this going to be better than Mest, graph doesn't tell the full story but it tells the 70% synopsis. And Kinera has history with weird tonality too.

CCA trio graph indeed looked much better for me
The V for Verdandi is perfect reflection of its sound. It sounds like it graphs so much upper mids its definitely shouty and super mids forward.
I was blown away at first but after the honeymoon stage and realized they are not for me.
Tone and timbre way far off for my tastes, I like some color to the frequency response but the V pushes it too far for me for a longer than 10 min 3 song limit before I feel its too intense.

I also tried the iFi IEMATCH and a few impedance adapter that tames it huge but also kills the mids forward sound some people love, so it was closer to what I like but it softened and dulled it to a point that made them boring combine that with the treble and extension rolled off makes this one a pass for me.

From me on initial listen saying I need to own this IEM to I don't think I would ever want to pick this up over my Xenns UP or even the PULA PA02 ?

If they would have tuned it less aggressive V shape and added some more extention would have made it a stellar IEM as it is some will love this for its "Female Poison" upper mids to make female vocals pop.
IFI.png
1000023312.png

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #95,387 of 102,824
I had to make a decision. The CCA Trio....or the Penon Quattro. £30 or £400 quid. Thankfully my finger was sensible.....and seeing all those good Trio reviews.....I pressed the button on the Trio, to stay financially solvent.
You won't regret it. When you get it, try these and enjoy the bass:

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #95,388 of 102,824
If they would have tuned it less aggressive V shape and added some more extention would have made it a stellar IEM as it is some will love this for its "Female Poison" upper mids to make female vocals pop.
Keep in mind it's been awhile since I've heard them but this is pretty much exactly how I felt about the OG Monarch. They just seemed too V-shaped and overwhelming.

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #95,389 of 102,824
Verdandi Is very V shaped and Mid forward if that's what your into it will blow you mind.
Uh, what?

The V for Verdandi is perfect reflection of its sound. It sounds like it graphs so much upper mids its definitely shouty and super mids forward.
I was blown away at first but after the honeymoon stage and realized they are not for me.
Tone and timbre way far off for my tastes, I like some color to the frequency response but the V pushes it too far for me for a longer than 10 min 3 song limit before I feel its too intense.

I also tried the iFi IEMATCH and a few impedance adapter that tames it huge but also kills the mids forward sound some people love, so it was closer to what I like but it softened and dulled it to a point that made them boring combine that with the treble and extension rolled off makes this one a pass for me.

From me on initial listen saying I need to own this IEM to I don't think I would ever want to pick this up over my Xenns UP or even the PULA PA02 ?

IFI.png1000023312.png
Ah, okay. That's a better explanation :D

Unrelated, all this love for CCA Trio made me look back at the cheap CCA stuff I tried and honestly, by no means was a single set bad. They all sounded very agreeable. Those were CCA C10, CCA CA2 and CCA C12.

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #95,391 of 102,824

IFI.png1000023312.png
How are the technicalities?

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #95,392 of 102,824
That is spot on about the FUDU. When I first received my set, I hooked them up to a USB dongle, and although I still enjoyed them, they didn't "WOW" me. But once I got a BTR15 and a 4.4mm cable, these things went to the next level. The bass got tighter and the treble seems to have more shimmer and air. The soundstage opened up quite a bit as well. These are now my go-to IEMs. I'm certain another step up in source could make them a little better, but I am satisfied with them right now. I'm loving them!
I recently brought the Fudu back out this week and re-explored the response against the way less money NiceHCK DB2. I came to realize the Fudu bass is incredible, and more detailed and deeper than both the 7Hz Sonus and the DB2, yet in order to get that DD to wake you do need a little juice, you just can’t run the Fudu off anything, yet once you’re there in the Zone, the Fudu is incredible for what it truly is in the end. Smooth and a together response both fun and complete! Very well done!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #95,393 of 102,824
My TSMR-X arrived. Burning it in now. Impressions to follow.
OOTB, largely positive

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #95,394 of 102,824
Golden ribbon of Reference sound. That tiny bass switch gives monstrous emphasis with proper sources. Soundz Avant + aune audio M1p. Avant being the best offering from Soundz Custom, targets mixing engineers and Stage drivers.

1707853377813.png

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #95,395 of 102,824
My TSMR-X arrived. Burning it in now. Impressions to follow.
OOTB, largely positive
1707853364004.png

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-x.27031/review/32982/ Posted this last night. I continue to be surprised by this one. The TSMR-X keeps on showing me just how great they can sound.

If only you guys can hear these things out of my new IBasso PB5 amp. It is all about finding synergy with the right sources with this one. Very resolving sound quality with some superior dynamics. For me it is definitely shot up as one of my favorites so far this year.

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #95,396 of 102,824
If only you guys can hear these things out of my new IBasso PB5 amp.
I can in fact hear it if you lend it to me 😏
Review tour incoming?

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #95,397 of 102,824

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-x.27031/review/32982/ Posted this last night. I continue to be surprised by this one. The TSMR-X keeps on showing me just how great they can sound.

If only you guys can hear these things out of my new IBasso PB5 amp. It is all about finding synergy with the right sources with this one. Very resolving sound quality with some superior dynamics. For me it is definitely shot up as one of my favorites so far this year.
Bro, I want that deal you got on the PB5!

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #95,398 of 102,824
How are the technicalities?
Going with the not great ,Piano , String Instruments guitar all off tonality wise and it is hard to pick up in the track if there is singing because it gets washed out.
Combine that with the rolled off treble not helping things.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #95,399 of 102,824
I can in fact hear it if you lend it to me 😏
Review tour incoming?
But, I just got it. I am nice but not that nice. You would have to pry the TSMR-X out of my cold dead body and the PB5 firmly in my cold dead hands. Lol.
Bro, I want that deal you got on the PB5!

If you spend lets see $3,500 on the DX320Max Ti and then you get the deal $900 on the PB5! That makes it worth it. Oterwise, it is $1500.

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #95,400 of 102,824
I recently brought the Fudu back out this week and re-explored the response against the way less money NiceHCK DB2. I came to realize the Fudu bass is incredible, and more detailed and deeper than both the 7Hz Sonus and the DB2, yet in order to get that DD to wake you do need a little juice, you just can’t run the Fudu off anything, yet once you’re there in the Zone, the Fudu is incredible for what it truly is in the end. Smooth and a together response both fun and complete! Very well done!

Cheers!
That totally makes sense. I also have the DB2, I haven't given them a lot of ear time, but my initial impression was "meh". It's not bad but nothing stood out, more juice just made them louder to me...They are a good "kick around" IEM though. The Sonus sits in my #3 spot behind the FUDU and May (another banger that wakes up with more juice). My mistress is the TFZ No.3, she still has a key to my heart although the technicals pale in comparison to most of my newer IEMs...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back