The discovery thread!
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #95,176 of 104,234
These just came in. In the first 30 minutes of listening time. As triple DD, gonna require some burn in time, but OOTB impressions are VERY POSITIVE.

Spacious, transparent, quick resolving bass, and really nice timbre. The top end reminds me of the OD200 with silver filter, and the bottom end reminds me of the EW200, but with more heft. Now still needs that burn in time, and further listening, but at the moment, initial impressions, these are far superior to the DQ6, Lings, Cadenza, and blister the Star River, Quartet, and EW200. More thoughts to come...

$29?!?! It's good to be alive during this Chi-fi era!!

Attachments

• CCA Trio.jpg
    CCA Trio.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 0
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #95,177 of 104,234
The May seems interesting but it's probably redundant since I have 10(!) other iems and only 1 set of ears 😅

I guess you aren't into collecting Pokemons, either, then?

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #95,178 of 104,234
I guess you aren't into collecting Pokemons, either, then?
I mean lately I have been lol just look at my signature and that's all from since around October.

Feb 9, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #95,179 of 104,234
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #95,180 of 104,234
These just came in. In the first 30 minutes of listening time. As triple DD, gonna require some burn in time, but OOTB impressions are VERY POSITIVE.

Spacious, transparent, quick resolving bass, and really nice timbre. The top end reminds me of the OD200 with silver filter, and the bottom end reminds me of the EW200, but with more heft. Now still needs that burn in time, and further listening, but at the moment, initial impressions, these are far superior to the DQ6, Lings, Cadenza, and blister the Star River, Quartet, and EW200. More thoughts to come...

Space, bass, and clarity are seriously good with these ones. The overall clarity is somewhere in Blessing 2 bracket to my ears.

The tuning system is quite useful to dial in the right ear gain and bass, around a good signature. I wonder whether KZ has new engineers, the old ones learned new tricks, or they have a hidden consultant/collab for this one.

My only complaint is that I haven’t been able to dial the tuning for the cellos timbre. It sounds a bit thin and uninvolving.

Edit: the build quality is better than cheaper KZ like my old ZSN Pro X.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #95,181 of 104,234
Haha I have one dragon IEM to greet the new year.

The Celest Wyvern Pro
Wyvern_6.jpeg
Wyvern_1.jpeg

Sidegrade budget Harmanish tuned single DD. But it comes with some boom mic for gaming. Average technicalities but suitable as a beginner IEM for folks new to the hobby.
I wouldn't eveer sacrifice technicalities for a budget, when we got technical marvels like the EW200 and the newly minted CCA Trio.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #95,182 of 104,234

Mine has had about a week straight of burn in, I've had them on all day long. KZ/CCA really nailing their tunings lately, even the KZ ZSN Pro 2 is solid.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #95,183 of 104,234
I am super interested in this one! Does anyone have it ? Would love to hear some info on it!

As promised, here's a review of the EPZ TP50 dongle.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/epz-tp50.27021/reviews#review-32948

Purchased from Aliexpress at a discounted price.

TP50 1.jpg

Pros:
Robust build
Small and light profile
Independent volume controller, with finely-tuned steps
Cold neutral bright, analytical signature, with crisp transients
Great technicalities and resolution
Sizeable power on tap, with high and low gain options
LED screen
Has an anti-pop function, DAC filters, channel balancing options etc
Does not get overly hot with usage

Cons:
Could have been better accessorized for a flagship dongle
No PEQ function
Slight hiss with high sensitivity fussy IEMs
Not for folks who want a laid-back, thicker sound

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #95,184 of 104,234
To be fair he hasn't had then for too long and it could be the tracks he is listening as well. It took me a while to completely understand what the entire sound is doing there. Another thing I suggest to @Leonarfd. You should try a different cable. Included cable does not really synergize the best with that IEM. It is ok but nothing great.
If I think back to my first impressions, I was running into sibilance and spicy treble with higher pitched female vocals and instruments. In my situation it was a tip problem. I was doing my usual exploration of tips which usually consists of Dunu S&S, Divinus, Spinfit W1 and Moondrop Springtips to see what happens. I don't think I had luck or was satisfied with those but ended up swapping back to the original factory installed tips which I didn't try from the get go and somehow these issues vanished and haven't run into problems since, just nothing but excellence. So, a YMMV kind of thing I guess.

Feb 9, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #95,185 of 104,234
Tansio Mirai X 10th Anniversary

Got this on loan from a friend, heres some short impressions after a few hours:
In short TSMR X is a hybrid with 2DD and 4BA with a vent module similar to 64audio on the faceplate.
I like to embrace the V shape and use it in UP DOWN DOWN config for the most bass. Standard mode is DOWN UP DOWN and has a little better balance but still V shaped.

Highlights perhaps the punchy and deep bass. Quite visceral on bassy music.

Clear treble, perhaps a little spicy on certain parts. Also good amount of air to the TSMR X.
Better on darker vocals than bright ones, mids in general is shadowed by bass and treble and can sound a little veiled.
The soundstage I dont feel is that good, sounds more closed in for me.

As a V shaped set its good. And would rather say price is correct at 400usd. I would pick this instead of Meastro Mini as a v shaped bassy set.

DSCF4365.jpg

This will go head to head with Thieaudio Hype 4 then.

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #95,186 of 104,234
Mine has had about a week straight of burn in, I've had them on all day long. KZ/CCA really nailing their tunings lately, even the KZ ZSN Pro 2 is solid.
Yep. I had a feeling they were trending in a positive direction with the CRA and the Lings (My last two KZ purchases), but these take those two, step over them, and puff their chest out. This is some budget magic dust right here.

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #95,187 of 104,234
Space, bass, and clarity are seriously good with these ones. The overall clarity is somewhere in Blessing 2 bracket to my ears.

The tuning system is quite useful to dial in the right ear gain and bass, around a good signature. I wonder whether KZ has new engineers, the old ones learned new tricks, or they have a hidden consultant/collab for this one.

My only complaint is that I haven’t been able to dial the tuning for the cellos timbre. It sounds a bit thin and uninvolving.

Edit: the build quality is better than cheaper KZ like my old ZSN Pro X.
up up down down? What switch combo?

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #95,188 of 104,234
Yep. I had a feeling they were trending in a positive direction with the CRA and the Lings (My last two KZ purchases), but these take those two, step over them, and puff their chest out. This is some budget magic dust right here.
up up down down? What switch combo?

Agreed. At the moment I'm using UP UP DOWN DOWN and kinda just left it there.

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #95,189 of 104,234
I'm settling on OFF ON ON OFF.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #95,190 of 104,234
Did ya hit A B start and select after flipping the switches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back