The discovery thread!
Feb 8, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #95,041 of 103,578
Man listening to the Twilight after such a long time. I was busy listening to other stuff to compelete some pending reviews and today just thought of giving myself a break and enjoy the Twilight. It's like home, the embrace of this IEM is out of this world. It captivates me every single time i put these into my ears. There have been only two IEMs to date that have brought me to tears, first is the Oriolus Trailli(vocals <3) and then the Twilight. While i can't have the Trailli since it is way out of my league in pricing, I simply enjoy Twilight to its fullest.

Pairing today with my iPhone 15 Plus and Quloos MUB1.
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 1.00.01 AM.jpeg

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #95,042 of 103,578
You know what the new TSMR-X is like? Imagine the NiceHCK NX7 but uber high end. A broad wide stage. Precision like glass imaging. Well controled full balanced treble with very addictive sparkle. Nothing like the Sands treble. Bass is some of the best quality with 3 distinct levels. The best bass you can buy anywhere south of 1K in price. Tansio Mirai has literaly brought out one of the best IEMs I have ever heard under 1K in price range.
leo.gif

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #95,043 of 103,578
Oh, and metal is my main genre of music, with hard rock and reggae to follow.
I didn't realize at first why metal sounds so good with B3. Then I got it after listening to more songs and different genres.

B3 definitely have a unique sound signature, and I am not sure if many would like it.

Why...it has some kind of a distortion (somewhere, not anything as wrong).
I don't know exactly where and when it's happening; it's not always present.
It's like a pedal for the electric guitar, and that's obvious when you connect it to heavy metal or hard rock.

You get your own pedal and full-body sound.

I know now that it has excellent vocal presentation and instruments, like strings.
I will even narrow the use of B3 strictly for that kind of music in the future.

Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Deep Purple, Sepultura, Pantera...here I come :)

Cheers!

P.S So it seems that "Cheapaudioman" is your favourite YT reviewer :)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #95,044 of 103,578
There was one sold by Amazon, but Amazon is basically a bunch of third party store fronts in a suit at this point lol.
I've noticed that third party sellers will sometimes undercut Amazon by a penny or two to get the top spot for a product listing. Whenever possible I choose products shipped from and sold by Amazon.com, which means I'm always checking all the sellers to see if Amazon is in the list, and I pay a bit more to buy things sold by Amazon when I can because I have always gotten new things when sold by Amazon. I wish Amazon would let me just set a default "view" of Amazon that only shows me things sold by Amazon, and then if I don't find what I want, broaden it out to other sellers.

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #95,045 of 103,578
You know what the new TSMR-X is like? Imagine the NiceHCK NX7 but uber high end. A broad wide stage. Precision like glass imaging. Well controled full balanced treble with very addictive sparkle. Nothing like the Sands treble. Bass is some of the best quality with 3 distinct levels. The best bass you can buy anywhere south of 1K in price. Tansio Mirai has literaly brought out one of the best IEMs I have ever heard under 1K in price range.
I didn't think it was possible to get more excited about an IEM.
Mine should be here no later than Monday but I'm really, REALLY hoping for this weekend.
I would also like to thank @Dsnuts for recommending the @iFi audio micro iDSD signature Finale from Adorama through the link provided a few months ago.
At the time, it was $349 which was a great deal, but it's now priced at an absurd $299 - a whopping $450 off MSRP!
It really is the Swiss army knife of audiophilia and just sounds good with everything I've paired with it thus far.
Without a doubt, a worthy addition to any collection.
2 Thumbs Way Up! 👍 👍

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #95,047 of 103,578
I am expecting the iFi guy to come to the thread and "like" what you just said :)
I didn't think it was possible to get more excited about an IEM.
Mine should be here no later than Monday but really, REALLY hoping for this weekend.
I would also like to thank @Dsnuts for recommending the iFi micro iDSD signature Finale from adorama through the link provided a few months ago.
It was $349 then but it's now @ an absurd $299, which is a whopping $450 of the msrp!
It really is the Swiss army knife of audiophilia and just sounds good with everything I've paired with it thus far.
2 Thumbs Up! 👍 👍
iFi is pretty much my bread and butter. The Xbass and 3D/Xspace features can be game changers. The iFi iDSD Signature is a very nice all in one, I bring mine with to work all the time. Desktop power in a very portable form factor.

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #95,049 of 103,578
Oh I've been vacillating between the X and the Dita Project M as my next purchase. As the reviews come in, I can tell either one would hit my sweet spot perfectly.

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #95,050 of 103,578
Some new EPZ products:

1) EPZ Q1 Pro

10MM dual cavity dual magnetic circuit PU + LCP liquid crystal molecular dome diaphragm
$32 USD

2.JPG
1.JPG

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006467098821.html

2) EPZ TP20 Pro dongle

TP20 Pro Specs

DAC: CS43131 x 2
PCM: 32Bit/384KHz/DSD256
Output power: 2vrms@32 ohms 121mw (3.5) 4vrms@32 ohms 171mw (4.4)
Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥125db (3.5) ≥130db (4.4)
THD+N: ≤0.0008%
Dynamic range: ≥125db (3.5)130db (4.4)
Output:3.5MM/4.4M1M
$55 USD

4.JPG

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006458267689.html

3) EPZ T50 dongle
TP50 Specs

DAC: 43198 x 2
Power amplifier: RT6863 x 2
PCM:32Bit/768KHz/DSD256
Output power: 2vrms@32 ohms 121mw (3.5) 4vrms@32 ohms 240mw (4.4)
Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥125db (3.5)≥130db (4.4)
THD+N: ≤0.0005%
Dynamic range: ≥125db (3.5) 130db (4.4)
Output:3.5MM/4.4MM

4.JPG

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006458267689.html
EPZ T50 dongle
I am super interested in this one! Does anyone have it ? Would love to hear some info on it!

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #95,051 of 103,578
No I respect everyone’s opinions. It is just worth a try if someone is having issues with understanding an IEM. Maybe it will help maybe it will not. The reason you didn’t hear about problems is because human beings rarely have negative things to say about the break-in process. In the 1970s if you took a Corvette off the showroom floor and took it on the freeway it would last about 10 minutes. Shoes can feel better after being warn. There are lots of examples of things working better after being broken-in, IEMs are no different. Manufacturers also recommend burn-in.
No I respect everyone’s opinions. It is just worth a try if someone is having issues with understanding an IEM. Maybe it will help maybe it will not. The reason you didn’t hear about problems is because human beings rarely have negative things to say about the break-in process. In the 1970s if you took a Corvette off the showroom floor and took it on the freeway it would last about 10 minutes. Shoes can feel better after being warn. There are lots of examples of things working better after being broken-in, IEMs are no different. Manufacturers also recommend burn-in.
If you think about break-in, Just remember it is only necessary for DDs and planers. they are just like your woofers in your car and home stereo. I heard my car's stereo improve for 6 months. It became more detailed and was able to play lower notes. You would think we were trying to play a joke on the unbelieving 50%. Not so. Just want you guys to break-in your new IEMs that have DDs and planers. Play music continually through your new ones, listening when you start and again after 50 hours. You will hear a difference.

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #95,053 of 103,578
Man listening to the Twilight after such a long time. I was busy listening to other stuff to compelete some pending reviews and today just thought of giving myself a break and enjoy the Twilight. It's like home, the embrace of this IEM is out of this world. It captivates me every single time i put these into my ears. There have been only two IEMs to date that have brought me to tears, first is the Oriolus Trailli(vocals <3) and then the Twilight. While i can't have the Trailli since it is way out of my league in pricing, I simply enjoy Twilight to its fullest.

Pairing today with my iPhone 15 Plus and Quloos MUB1.
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 1.00.01 AM.jpeg
ROCKETSHIP IN MY EARS!! BLAST OFF!! Did some amp, tip, cable, and `filter rolling this morning.

First discovery...Oriveti OD200 with BLACK filter, Simgot silver cable, Penon Lacquer tips playing out of the warmer Sony A306 with the Fiio Q1 amp = Right cross and uppercut to my ears! Just an amazing sweet spot hit for me! The highs are crystalline, so beautifully extended (they match the EA1000 with this filter), and the bass isn't so damned omni-present like the silver filter. So to lift the bass some, I just turn on the bass boost on the Q1, and voila, I got more bass presence! The imaging and stage are wide, spacious, and the mids are beautifully presented. I started with the silver tips, because all the early reviews suggested this filter, but no, this is a basshead (kinda) filter, and i'm more of a linear, clear, and quick bass lover, with crystalline highs, and this is what I get delivered. Gonna be hard to wean myself off this rig combo!

But I did pull myself away from it for a few to try out the Salnotes Zero with some rolling done. BLECH! Nothing I do, and no tip or cable will add any weight to these IEMs. Sad, because the highs and timbre are fantastic, as is the cavernous stage, but the mid bass is truly anemic. Before you suggest the Salnotes Zero 2, already heard them. Got them for my son for christmas, and though yes, the tuning was improved to give more bass presence and mid heft, the treble was messed with too much, and so it lacks the sparkle and shimmer of the OG Zero, so now it's just a random bassy set, which is perfect for my kid, but not for me. I switched to the HBB X Z300, and this thing is much better to my ears. Again, not as good from a timbre and crystalline mids standpoint, but a better all-arounder than the Zero. Great for fun music!

@gadgetgod, get your hands on the Oriveti OD200. I like them better than the EA1000 (WHAT?!?!). Don't hate...We're allowed to swerve mid trip! LOL

Attachments

• Sony A306 + Fiio Q1 + OD200 Lacquer tips.jpg
    Sony A306 + Fiio Q1 + OD200 Lacquer tips.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #95,054 of 103,578
Average Hindustani classical enjoyer at Midnight.

1707427273824.png

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #95,055 of 103,578
Howdy folks,

I’m going to review a few Android DAP. Can you suggest something you always wanted to see in a DAP review but has been missed? I might be able to address them when planning for the video.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back