The discovery thread!
Jan 29, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #94,081 of 103,549
I have the HE10's also, they may graph similarly, but EA1000's are clearly the superior IEM. I do have the OG EA500 and the LM also.
Define "clearly"

The only DD I feel clearly superior of any other Ive heard, Its the driver on the DUNU ZEN PRO.

The rest is just the preference on tuning.

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #94,082 of 103,549
Hidizs MP145

MP145 is a very very special iem. Prior to trying them, I had read a lot of good reviews from others, and now, having experienced these iems myself, I truly understand why they are regarded as something truly special.

Build Quality:

These iems are built like a tank. They have a metal body and a design that takes inspiration from whales. The shells are on the heavier side, though the weight is well distributed, and I don't find them bulky. People with small ears can have a bit of a fit issue.

Sound:

I mostly spent my time on the pink nozzle, which I find balanced. MP145 has a very pleasant tuning with a hint of planar timbre but is not overwhelming. I find a relaxed tuning on the iems. The bass on it is quite decent. There is a midbass focus. Subbass is prominent too but does not go very deep. I like the quantity of bass on it—just the right amount—not less, not more. The bass maintains it's decency by not disturbing the higher frequencies.

The mids have a good body and have sweetness. Vocals are rich and feel natural. Lower mids benefit from the bass and gain weight. There is some brightness in the upper mids, but nothing sharp or harsh.

Treble has very decent energy. There is a good sense of airiness and openness. I find the treble very controlled and not too energetic. It does not get sharp and piercing, so I find it safe for long listening sessions. Cymbals and high-hat sounds are enjoyable with the right amount of splash and energy.

The soundstage on these iems is quite wide. One of the widest I have noticed in planars. Together with very accurate imaging, I find these iems very capable on the technical front. The resolution is very good, as is the detailing. Instruments are well separated, and the sounds come out quite clean. These iems work well for most of the genres. They are not hard to drive, but they do sound more open from a powerful source.

Conclusion:

These iems make me smile every time I put them on. The tuning is very impressive, and the sound is exceptional for this price range. The sound is expansive with a high level of resolution. There is nothing that I can complain about. I reach out to them more than any other planars—Klanar and Letshuoer S15. They are good, but not as special as the MP145. I love these so much that I want to get another pair in a different color. There is a limited titanium edition too, which I find quite interesting. Highly recommended.

m1.JPG

m2.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #94,083 of 103,549
239 reviews? I didn't know there were so many.

I like your sense of humour, it shouldn't be lost. A reviewer should take criticism with dignity and a constructive spirit.
Thanks for finding the typo, it will be corrected.

Edit:
I have realised that I have dyslexia, the correct date is 2015.
I agree that there are other models that are better value for money.
On the other hand, I haven't reviewed KZ products for a long time and I bought quite a few several years ago. But it was desperate to see how KZ kept bringing new models to the market and I lost interest in them. Anyway, I have nothing against them and would always be willing to review their products.

As for the number of reviews, I usually write one review per week and post them on Sunday. It is clear that I take a few weeks off per year. So it could be 50 reviews a year, it's barbaric, I admit. I'm the first one to feel that I fall into an easy way of reviewing products and that only the ones I like the most make for better descriptions. There may come a point when I stop being a reviewer and just listen to music. But I can't say if it will be soon, although I think it won't be long now.

On the other hand, in my particular case I do not wish to receive any incentive beyond samples for review.
I feel privileged for this and I do not make any business out of it. I pay for my website out of my own pocket and there is no advertising.
I usually publish the reviews in order of arrival of the products.
It's true that I'm open to scheduling review dates, as long as the request is made well in advance. That means that there is always someone at a disadvantage, which is something I don't like.

Let me know when you publish your: "glossary compendium "trick or treat reviewers.
It will be interesting to read.
Wow, I love how you kept it composed and replied with dignity after yet another worthless and somewhat rude comment from @PhonoPhi. I definitely couldn't be as nice.

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #94,084 of 103,549
I don’t know it’s the iems look or these beautiful photographs, I am very very intrigued in these iems. Plus 2DD is a good configuration to look forward to.

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #94,085 of 103,549
Sennheiser IE600 sold. For all of you who reached out with trades and thoughts to buy, thank you! Appreciate you all!

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #94,088 of 103,549
Jan 29, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #94,089 of 103,549
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #94,090 of 103,549
Capture+_2024-01-29-15-04-04.png

Capture+_2024-01-29-15-04-36.png
Capture+_2024-01-29-15-04-57.png

Zeos being Zeos...

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #94,091 of 103,549
Define "clearly"

The only DD I feel clearly superior of any other Ive heard, Its the driver on the DUNU ZEN PRO.

The rest is just the preference on tuning.
Sure, it’s a far more resolving pair. It’s easier to pick out little nuances, more detailed, clarity is better.

It’s like going from 1440p to 4K. Minor but noticeable

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #94,092 of 103,549
Jan 29, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #94,093 of 103,549
Jan 29, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #94,094 of 103,549
So why did I sell the Sennheiser IE600 so fast? Well, since I sent them back for warranty replacement, I purchased the Oriveti OD200. Then I listened to them side by side and immediately realized that how the $200 OD200 sounds like is how I wanted the $700 IE600 to sound like!! The musicality, bass texture, treble air, and most importantly, the space between instruments is grander and more spaced apart in the OD200! Now they are both musical, bass is excellent in both, and so is the treble air, BUT, there's a wider scene, a deeper scene, and more forward mids on the OD200, so at the cost of roughly $500 cheaper, it was a no-brainer for me to keep the Oriveti and ship out the Sennheisers. Now granted, the Senns fit like glory. Best most comfortable unassuming fit of all the IEMs. So a comfort seeker (and hopefully the person who bought my pair) will be more than pleased with how they sit in the ear, and if they are chasing high grade V signature, they will have met their heavenly match. It just wasn't for me after the OD200. Those of you who own both, will know what I'm talking about?

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #94,095 of 103,549
Got the Simgot EA500LM and the dongle DEW4X today, another good release from them. Yes the EA500LM is an upgrade from original EA500 with richer sound, but also lack something to the EA1000. Differences is not night and day, and EA500LM is clearly the one most should aim after unless you can afford the EA1000.

Dongle testing have to wait to tomorrow :beyersmile:

DSCF4247.jpg

DSCF4274.jpg

DSCF4276.jpg

DSCF4257.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back