The discovery thread!
Jan 24, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #93,706 of 106,339
So the bass end of the TSMR-X is fantastic. It is by far Tansio Mirais best bass implimentations I have heard, even over the Sands and the Lands. It is 2 8mm carbon based dynamics stacked on top of each other coaxially. If you guys have ever owned an IEM that is designed this way for the bass end. Lets just say it is not lacking in both quality and quantity, which is variable. You can get big bass from a flick of the switch and the quality of the bass end don't suffer.

I do believe there is some bass bleed on the full bass on mode for some fun aspect to its tuning but again that is an option most IEMs don't give you.. You want a full bored bass? one switch and you get it. One of the absolute best implimentations of bass boost with a switch I can recall next to the Penon Turbos. Except this time instead of a dual Sonion Acupass Bass BAs. You get two very capable carbon based dynamics for better agility, impact and rumble.

I would have never in a thousand years would have guessed Tansio Mirai of all people will be putting out a very capable dynamic bass based IEM. ( These guys are traditionally all about BA sets) But then these are much more than just how good the bass is. All of it is exceptional. The mids are more neutral in emphasis but whats got me in a tizzy is just how ambient the entire sound is. It is shockingly airy to the likes of much higher end IEMs. Might have something to do with that newer vent driver they are using.

I am hopelessly addicted to it. Its included cable enhances technicalities with a slight skew for treble emphasis. Tried the Simgot LC7 cable and it gives the overall sound a bit more warmth and skews the sound for more mids an bass. This iem has been for me anyways one of the biggest surprises for me in years.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #93,707 of 106,339
So the bass end of the TSMR-X is fantastic. It is by far Tansio Mirais best bass implimentations I have heard, even over the Sands and the Lands. It is 2 8mm carbon based dynamics stacked on top of each other coaxially. If you guys have ever owned an IEM that is designed this way for the bass end. Lets just say it is not lacking in both quality and quantity, which is variable. You can get big bass from a flick of the switch and the quality of the bass end don't suffer.

I do believe there is some bass bleed on the full bass on mode for some fun aspect to its tuning but again that is an option most IEMs don't give you.. You and full bored bass? one switch and you get it. One of the absolute best implimentations of bass boost with a switch I can recall next to the Penon Turbos. Except this time instead of a dual Sonion Acupass Bass BAs. You get two very capable carbon based dynamics for better agility, impact and rumble.

I would have never in a thousand years would have guessed Tansio Mirai of all people will be putting out a very capable dynamic bass based IEM. ( These guys are traditionally all abut all BA sets) But then these are much more than just how good the bass is. All of it is exceptional. The mids are more neutral in emphasis but whats got me in a tizzy is just how ambient the entire sound is. It is shockingly airy to the likes of much higher end IEMs. Might have something to do with that newer vent driver they are using.

I am hopelessly addicted to it. Its included cable enhances technicalities with a slight skew for treble emphasis. Tried the Simgot LC7 cable and it gives the overall sound a bit more warmth and skews the sound for more mids an bass. This iem has been for me anyways one of the biggest surprises for me in years.
Well damn... question answered!!😎😊✌️

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #93,708 of 106,339
Quick question: Would you consider X an acoustic upgrade as compared to Tansio Mirai Tragic Duo (Land & Sand)...?
[Iconic "Kung-Fu Hustle" reference]

YES. Mids are just a dimensional as the Lands but slight bit more forward and more airy in comparison. Does not have the big upper mid and treble shelf of both the Lands and or the Sands. The Sands has a bit too much in the treble department that can cause fatigue if you dont have the right cable and source to use them on.

Sands in the end is more v shaped in comparison and a bit too technical for its own good. Lacks some musicality. I think they learned a thing or two vs these but more so they have been tuing for higher end stuff like the RGBs and their recent Halos. And I am certain the TSMR-X has a bunch of trickle down aspects of both higher end IEMs as well, especailly in the balancing department. The TSMR-X can easily be sold for double and folks would praise them up n down for how good they sound. I own IEMs that cost more than double to these that these sound better to my ears, MEST being one of them.

For fans of the IER-Z1R. Yes I can even say you folks might enjoy these quite a bit. They are not exactly what the Z1Rs are but the TSMR-X is much easier to drive to get a full bored sound out of. Bass fans will absolutely love these.. Mids fans will absolutely love these.. Treble fans will absolutely love these. What happens when you get all 3 aspects of the sound and your a fan of all 3? A must buy.

The reason why I know so much about Tansio Mirai is because I own and heard just about all of them including their flagships. Anyone ask me which Tansio Mirai to look into regarless of cost.

Thats a very simple answer right now.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #93,709 of 106,339
YES. Mids are just a dimensional as the Lands but slight bit more forward and more airy in comparison. Does not have the big upper mid and treble shelf of both the Lands and or the Sands. The Sands has a bit too much in the treble department that can cause fatigue if you dont have the right cable and source to use them on.

Sands in the end is more v shaped in comparison and a bit too technical for its own good. Lacks some musicality. I think they learned a thing or two vs these but more so they have been tuing for higher end stuff like the RGBs and their recent Halos. And I am certain the TSMR-X has a bunch of trickle down aspects of both higher end IEMs as well, especailly in the balancing department. The TSMR-X can easily be sold for double and folks would praise them up n down for how good they sound. I own IEMs that cost more than double to these that these sound better to my ears, MEST being one of them.

For fans of the IER-Z1R. Yes I can even say you folks might enjoy these quite a bit. They are not exactly what the Z1Rs are but the TSMR-X is much easier to drive to get a full bored sound out of. Bass fans will absolutely love these.. Mids fans will absolutely love these.. Treble fans will absolutely love these. What happens when you get all 3 aspects of the sound and your a fan of all 3? A must buy.
When is this supposed to launch? I am hoping Penon might give a promo code too, but I will consider getting one regardless.
Keeping my powder dry this year is going to be difficult...

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #93,710 of 106,339

Domo arigato gozaimatsu, terrific breakdown!
Welp... yet another month of ramen to support my addicti.... I mean hobby 😏

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #93,711 of 106,339

I do believe there is some bass bleed on the full bass on mode for some fun aspect to its tuning but again that is an option most IEMs don't give you.. You want a full bored bass? one switch and you get it. One of the absolute best implimentations of bass boost with a switch I can recall next to the Penon Turbos. Except this time instead of a dual Sonion Acupass Bass BAs. You get two very capable carbon based dynamics for better agility, impact and rumble.

I would have never in a thousand years would have guessed Tansio Mirai of all people will be putting out a very capable dynamic bass based IEM. ( These guys are traditionally all abut BA sets) But then these are much more than just how good the bass is. All of it is exceptional. The mids are more neutral in emphasis but whats got me in a tizzy is just how ambient the entire sound is. It is shockingly airy to the likes of much higher end IEMs. Might have something to do with that newer vent driver they are using.

The reason why I know so much about Tansio Mirai is because I own and heard just about all of them including their flagships. Anyone ask me which Tansio Mirai to look into regarless of cost.

Thats a very simple anser right now.
When is it going on sale?

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #93,713 of 106,339
Jan 24, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #93,714 of 106,339
Received the Kinera Verdandi today. Absolute stunners, in every sense of the word. The stock cable is no slouch either.

2X2A3609.jpg

2X2A3613.jpg

2X2A3615.jpg

Jan 24, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #93,715 of 106,339
Probably selling all my other IEMs soon, just don't see a point now that I've got the Legend X.

It makes me wonder what those of you who have even higher end sets are looking for in the $10-700 range typically discussed in this thread? Are there specific use cases for these other IEMs, things you feel they do better than your top tier pick(s)?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #93,716 of 106,339
Are there specific use cases for these other IEMs, things you feel they do better than your top tier pick(s)?
The best IEM, in my opinion, is the one I am listening to right now...

I am addicted to music, a.k .a. a music lover. I am not an audiophile; the sound is a bonus to me, a nice one.

Also, IEMs are like jewellery to me, so regardless of the price, one day, I will be for diamonds and the next for sterling silver.

That's my side of the story...and I like to collect things :wink:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #93,717 of 106,339
Probably selling all my IEMs soon, just don't see a point now that I've got the Legend X.

It makes me wonder what those of you who have even higher end sets are looking for in the $10-700 range typically discussed in this thread? Are there specific use cases for these other IEMs, things you feel they do better than your top tier pick(s)?

Well, I bet those Etymotics we have are better at isolation than anything else.

Jan 24, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #93,719 of 106,339
I'll be patiently waiting for you to send me that demo unit any day now 🤣
So Tansio authorized a tour for thier higher end stuff mostly for Canadian headfiers but these as far as I know is not a tour unit. Plus the love affair I have with these right now.

The set I have is an early review unit. something happen to these I would fork up the $400 to get another easy as that.

So far I have been splitting ear time with these, Quattro and NEO3. NEO3 will be a big surprise to a lot of folks that get them. The funny thing is as high end as the TSMR-X is NEO3 has its own charm that pulls me in as well.

If you have the means the TSMR-X might set a new bench mark for higher end level IEMs sound at the price. Sound like this just simply dont exist at the price.

I know a lot of you guys wish you can try out or hear what higher end IEMs sound like or own one. Nows your chance. TSMR-X is a clear example of what higher end IEMs sound like but at $400 and not $2000.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #93,720 of 106,339
The best IEM, in my opinion, is the one I am listening to right now...

I am addicted to music, a.k .a. a music lover. I am not an audiophile; the sound is a bonus to me, a nice one.

Also, IEMs are like jewellery to me, so regardless of the price, one day, I will be for diamonds and the next for sterling silver.

That's my side of the story...and I like to collect things :wink:

Cheers!
Well said. This. I have better IEM's than the OD200, with some much more expensive, but when I want the most musical presentation with some bass warmth, I drop these in. Now when I want a more technical and more even handed, I got the EA1000 or the Aures. When I want to leave for a walk or store visit, I sure as hell ain't bringing anything more than my EW200 or the Lings. So yeah...well said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back