The discovery thread!
Jan 19, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #93,391 of 106,300
Jan 19, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #93,393 of 106,300
Jan 19, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #93,394 of 106,300
The same thing occurred to me when I used to buy "sounds" magazine. I read it upside down and it read "spunos". My friend and I always called it "spunos" after that.
1705665027552.png

'nuff said.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #93,396 of 106,300
I've been away for a bit and spend some quality time away from Head Fi enjoying my Neon Pro and 109 Pro.
I've been tryin to catch back up (I'm skimming through 100+ pages and haven't caught up yet) and something has been standing out to me.
From the bits I've been reading I keep finding the same brand being named, Pula.

Did the IEM I accidentally found back in late November and posted cuz I thought it looked pretty, the Pula PA01, turn out to be a gem?
And now you're telling me it has a beastly brother in the PA02 as well?
I'll have to look into this more as apparently the performance matches the looks if not exceeds it.
My thanks to those who bit the bullet as at the time as I couldn't justify it after spending a lot on audio gear the month before.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #93,397 of 106,300
Jan 19, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #93,398 of 106,300
Jan 19, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #93,399 of 106,300
OD200’s arrived and I’m very impressed, coming from Ikko Oh10’s. I’m not versed in audio terminology but straight off (swapped to silver nozzles immediately), these feel super smooth. Bass feels pretty nice, albeit a bit lighter than the Ikko but that’s to be expected. Comfort is FAR better than the Ikko and the cable is surprisingly really nice.

I think I’d be happy with these and calling it a day. But then the Pula-02’s are arriving shortly so that’ll be interesting to compare. But as it stands right now, I’m really happy with the OD200’s.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #93,400 of 106,300
OD200’s arrived and I’m very impressed, coming from Ikko Oh10’s. I’m not versed in audio terminology but straight off (swapped to silver nozzles immediately), these feel super smooth. Bass feels pretty nice, albeit a bit lighter than the Ikko but that’s to be expected. Comfort is FAR better than the Ikko and the cable is surprisingly really nice.

I think I’d be happy with these and calling it a day. But then the Pula-02’s are arriving shortly so that’ll be interesting to compare. But as it stands right now, I’m really happy with the OD200’s.
After 30-40 hours you will be even more pleased...the bass does open up.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #93,401 of 106,300
1705684342163.png

TSMR X

2 DD+ 4 BA + 1 custom film retarding driver Hybrid IEM

Driver configuration
One side with 7 drivers, both sides total 14 drivers
Low frequency: 2 x 8mm strong magnet dynamic, hollow coaxial structure, Carbon mixed diaphragm
Mid frequency: 2 x Knowles balanced armature
High frequency: 2 x Sonion balanced armature
Full frequency effect: 1 x custom film retarding driver (this driver is detachable design, frequent disassembly is not recommended)

Frequency response: 5-30kHz
Impedance: 10Ω
Sensitivity: 103dB

Low frequency control switch settings

Default standard tuning mode is 020, recommended to use this mode as a reference.
20 x frequency division elements on both sides make the accurate and scientific tuning.
Bass enhancement (100 Mode), control factor: 0.51
Standard tuning (020 Mode), control factor: 1.0
Low frequency attenuation (003 Mode), control factor: 1.47
*The higher the control factor, the lower the low frequency energy.
*All switches are turned off to NO BASS mode.
*0 indicates that the switch is closed downward, and 1/2/3 indicates that the switch is opened upward.

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #93,402 of 106,300
1705684342163.png
TSMR X

2 DD+ 4 BA + 1 custom film retarding driver Hybrid IEM

Driver configuration
One side with 7 drivers, both sides total 14 drivers
Low frequency: 2 x 8mm strong magnet dynamic, hollow coaxial structure, Carbon mixed diaphragm
Mid frequency: 2 x Knowles balanced armature
High frequency: 2 x Sonion balanced armature
Full frequency effect: 1 x custom film retarding driver (this driver is detachable design, frequent disassembly is not recommended)

Frequency response: 5-30kHz
Impedance: 10Ω
Sensitivity: 103dB

Low frequency control switch settings

Default standard tuning mode is 020, recommended to use this mode as a reference.
20 x frequency division elements on both sides make the accurate and scientific tuning.
Bass enhancement (100 Mode), control factor: 0.51
Standard tuning (020 Mode), control factor: 1.0
Low frequency attenuation (003 Mode), control factor: 1.47
*The higher the control factor, the lower the low frequency energy.
*All switches are turned off to NO BASS mode.
*0 indicates that the switch is closed downward, and 1/2/3 indicates that the switch is opened upward.
That custom film retarding driver, is it another name for the air pressure balancing module like APEX or ATOM?

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #93,403 of 106,300
Not certain about the function of that particular vent/driver mechanism. But I will let you all know how they sound when I get a chance to open up the box I have with me.

From how I understand it, this IEM is a big deal for Tansio Mirai due to the fact that they are calling it 10th Anniversary. Will let you all know how it is when I get a chance to hear them. Interesting driver config nonetheless.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #93,404 of 106,300
Oriveti OH700VB (1DD+6BA) and OD200 (1DD) arrived for the weekend. First impression is good, going to share more and also write a review on OH700VB.
OD200 has two nozzles, the black one is quite bright and the other nozzle is missing. So ill wait with trying that one for now, changing the nozzle tilts it to be less bright and more bassy.

DSCF4172.jpg

DSCF4171.jpg

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #93,405 of 106,300
Ok so. I just put the 10th Anniversary TSMR into my ears.

Well, well now. So I tested a few tracks out of the box. Landed on this track using my Fiio M15 I got with me.

Hannah Reids vocals actually started to send shivers down my spine. Lol. Ok. so its seems Tansio has thrown down some considerable effort on this one. I can see why they call this the 10th. Using dual carbon based dynamics.

Thus far the sound is very airy and fluid, has an amazing sense of space. No obvious BA timbre for mids at all. Excellent choice of drivers on this one. Shells are stunning looking in person. The tuning on this one will be much more agreeable for folks that prefer balanced vs being overly Technical as the Sands can be.

I am getting a good idea of why they call this the 10th. These do have a slight lower treble bias, just enough to inject some very nicely done air to the entire profile. Don't know if it is that new film retarding driver they threw on here but traditional TSMR IEMs did not have the same sense of space like these. These are definitely playing on a higher level sonically.

Testing this track for bass impact and extension. The bass on these are very nice in quality. Very good impact and the right amount of reverb and rumble.

Well folks, so far so good. I prefer this tuning vs the Lands and the Sands. Mids are to die for on these and its bass end is some of the best I have heard from Tansio Mirai. Treble is Tansios specialty. These dont have the treble emphasis of either the Sands or the Lands but that is actually a good thing, plenty of quality sparkle however. Next to the RGBs these have to be one of the best they have ever made.

Good news on these is that these will not be sold anywhere near the RGB price point. Gonna give them a work out and post some more thoughts as I get to know them. Thus far very impressive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back