The discovery thread!
Dec 3, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #90,436 of 105,715
How long do you burn in? And do you burn in all iems or just certain drivers?
I have a burn-in tool and I let it go 2 to 4 days (approximately 50 to 100 hours) with all driver types.
And the tool uses both white and pink noise.
All driver types (although I will be the first to admit that I'm unsure it actually does anything to BAs!).

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #90,437 of 105,715
1701625095692.png

Speaking of EA1000. Posted this last night. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ea1000-fermat-in-ear-monitor.26790/review/32334/ These have some of the sharpest transients with a highly resolving nature to them which makes them stand out. It has to be one of the most detailed single dynamic presentations I have heard anywhere near its price point. Which actually separates these from just about anything else. However to get them to be absolutely their best. You need to tinker with some nozzle filters. Overall one of the biggest surpises for me this year.
I tried a couple of different configurations that I've seen recommended but I found that I preferred no foam. I do typically value detail and clarity as you described.

Dec 3, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #90,438 of 105,715

Speaking of EA1000. Posted this last night. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ea1000-fermat-in-ear-monitor.26790/review/32334/ These have some of the sharpest transients with a highly resolving nature to them which makes them stand out. It has to be one of the most detailed single dynamic presentations I have heard anywhere near its price point. Which actually separates these from just about anything else. However to get them to be absolutely their best. You need to tinker with some nozzle filters. Overall one of the biggest surpises for me this year.
I'm still kind of shocked at how good the EW200 is with CS819 cable and W1 tips.

I usually don't want to keep listening to budget IEMs for longer than an hour. But with the upgraded EW200, I can keep enjoying the music, not finding any fault with the incredible sound it produces at such a low price.

Can't wait to try the EA1000. It just arrived at USPS from China. Should be getting to me in a few days.

2023 is the Year of Simgot. They've release banger after banger. :smile:

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #90,439 of 105,715
I'm still kind of shocked at how good the EW200 is with CS819 cable and W1 tips.

I usually don't want to keep listening to budget IEMs for longer than an hour. But with the upgraded EW200, I can keep enjoying the music, not finding any fault with the incredible sound it produces at such a low price.

Can't wait to try the EA1000. It just arrived at USPS from China. Should be getting to me in a few days.

2023 is the Year of Simgot. They've release banger after banger. :smile:
I think I heard somewhere that Simgot was planning on releasing a new tribrid? Interested in seeing how they'd do at higher price points with more elaborate driver setups.

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #90,440 of 105,715
I think I heard somewhere that Simgot was planning on releasing a new tribrid? Interested in seeing how they'd do at higher price points with more elaborate driver setups.
Supposedly that's the rumor going around.

I hope they take their time and make it another high quality release at a reasonable price.

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #90,441 of 105,715
Supposedly that's the rumor going around.

I hope they take their time and make it another high quality release at a reasonable price.
/\/\/\ This.

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #90,442 of 105,715
Too bad they don't sell an EA1000 tuning kit separately. What would you need to purchase if you wanted to create your own kit?

I wonder how age plays into the listening experience with some of the brighter-tuned earphones.
Since you lose high-frequency hearing as you get older, does that mean these sound better (if you prefer less treble) the older you get?
Maybe they age like a fine wine as the years go by. :)

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #90,443 of 105,715
Too bad they don't sell an EA1000 tuning kit separately. What would you need to purchase if you wanted to create your own kit?

I wonder how age plays into the listening experience with some of the brighter-tuned earphones.
Since you lose high-frequency hearing as you get older, does that mean these sound better (if you prefer less treble) the older you get?
Maybe they age like a fine wine as the years go by. :)
I believe it is the same kit as the EA500. Simgot sells it on their Aliexpress store.

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #90,444 of 105,715

I believe it is the same kit as the EA500. Simgot sells it on their Aliexpress store.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806070697350.html

Keep in mind, this is a brand new AliExpress store less than a month old.

They claim to be the official Simgot store and have 100% feedback, but they don't have EW200, EM6L, EA1000, or EA2000 for sale.

I'm getting the free tuning kit that Linsoul bundled during their BF/CM sale.

Simgot EA1000.jpg

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #90,446 of 105,715
Edit-11.jpg

Received my pair of T4s in today. They are absolutely stunning in person. Didn't go for the custom faceplate option this time around because I was too impatient, but the baby blue stock faceplate is gorgeous so I'm not mad. Shout out to @ToneDeafMonk for the stellar rec on this one.
Can’t wait to hear some more in-depth thoughts, consider me intrigued.

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #90,447 of 105,715
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806070697350.html

Keep in mind, this is a brand new AliExpress store less than a month old.

They claim to be the official Simgot store and have 100% feedback, but they don't have EW200, EM6L, EA1000, or EA2000 for sale.

I'm getting the free tuning kit that Linsoul bundled during their BF/CM sale.

Simgot EA1000.jpg

I bought a couple of these EA500 tuning kits from this shop and they arrived very quickly, no problem.

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #90,448 of 105,715
I totally agree with this. IMO, budget iems can really give you a great listening experience as enjoyable as with the flagships. Flagship iems are like the dresses you wear when you go to parties - glittery, expensive, and quite fashionable. Budget iems on the other hand, are like Levi's jeans; they are rough and tough and comfortable to wear the whole day, and you are not even worried if you spill some chilli sauce on them.
I don't really follow this line of reasoning, because it seems like it's focused on looks and price without mentioning the real differences that exist in sound presentation. Yes, a low cost $150 iem can play all of your music beautifully, mostly because that music itself is the star.

The music is the first and most important ingredient. These types of comparisons can exist from boomboxes to 100k 2 channel systems and everything in between.

IEMs are more like cheese and wine, the music being the milk or alcohol, main ingredient. Sliced American cheese is fine, but aged Dutch Gouda or Italian parmesan offer richer flavors of the same thing.

I love my American cheese (Penon, lol) but also deeply love my Gouda (Xe6).

Dec 3, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #90,449 of 105,715
The SIMGOT EA1000 is the very definition of a market disrupter.

Dec 3, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #90,450 of 105,715
Among all these maybe mentioning a kz iem might sound strange. I have krila in my ears now. I'm pretty much impressed by the DD they used in this set. What a great control it has in the lower end. Texture and speed are great. The ba makes the treble sound thin. However, a little EQ fixes that as well. Not a kilobuck killer but definitely improvement. Kz seems to be catching the stability and tuning for their DDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back