The discovery thread!
Dec 1, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #90,301 of 103,532
Hi guys. Just a sincere but really wishful request.

Some of you have tehir iems listed in the signature.

If it was a few lines I'd understand. However, some of you have really long. I'm trying to catch up with the comments/notifications. During my readings I have to scroll quite a portion for your signatures. Listing 'your uber super magnificent amazing freaking gear list' might be nice to give some hint.

Please at least put it inside a spoiler.

A whole page loads just a few messages and seeing those long signatures are driving crazy. Instead of messages being loaded, just a few comments drop in one page.

Thanks for those who will take into consideration this wishful request.

FYI : for those wondering in details,

When you load the page on your mobile phone, the signatures are also limiting amounts of comment being shared. So I scroll a whole page for about 8-9 comments only due to signatures. I'd understand if smb shares a detailed review/impression or pictures. However, no. The whole page is loaded just for those super long signatures. I won't target individuals but there's especially one signature driving me crazy. I'd block signatures or iems listed if possible really.
Sigs.jpg

You can uncheck it.

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #90,302 of 103,532
and for the 1%, those i use the most last year are: Tri GraceS, Tacables White Peony, Tri Wolfram, ourart qj21, Simgot LC7 (i feel), and othe rmodular cable like the one with Tangzu Heyday.
Not a single NiceHCK cable... you're either missing out or are heavily biased against affordable cables during Aliexpress sales. :wink:

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #90,303 of 103,532
Not a single NiceHCK cable... you're either missing out or are heavily biased against affordable cables during Aliexpress sales. :wink:
tbh im not a big fan of HCK cable....encounter some QC issue...but there some good one for sure too
hakugei-tacables is one of my fav company lately...they do great modular cable

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #90,305 of 103,532
Dec 1, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #90,306 of 103,532
Just because he didn't list NiceHCK cables doesn't mean he's "missing out or are heavily biased against affordable cables." Like what?

Maybe you're "heavily biased in favor of NiceHCK?"

I own a few of the cheap NiceHCK cables. They're decent for the price but nothing amazing. "MeetAlice" would be really good if it didn't have the stiff and microphonic sleeving. In my opinion, XINHS has better quality cables for around the same prices.

My personal favorite "affordable" cable is the Penon CS819. Unlocks any budget or under $100 IEM's capabilities, looks good, and feels good. ISN S4 is great too for the price.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #90,307 of 103,532
Just because he didn't list NiceHCK cables doesn't mean he's "missing out or are heavily biased against affordable cables." Like what?

Maybe you're "heavily biased in favor of NiceHCK?"

I own a few of the cheap NiceHCK cables. They're decent for the price but nothing amazing. "MeetAlice" would be really good if it didn't have the stiff and microphonic sleeving. In my opinion, XINHS has better quality cables for around the same prices.

My personal favorite "affordable" cable is the Penon CS819. Unlocks any budget or under $100 IEM's capabilities, looks good, and feels good. ISN S4 is great too for the price.
I'm in no way cable biased to any manufacturer I love my Hakugei, Xhins, Effect Audio and Nicechk cables. With Nicechk you just have to be selective, Black soul, Silver Cat, and the PurpleSE are great cables especially when sales are on. I can also recommend the Fengru -610 litz cables

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #90,308 of 103,532
I'm in way cable biased to any manufacturer I love my Hakugei, Xhins, Effect Audio and Nicechk cables. With Nicechk you just have to be selective, Black soul, Silver Cat, and the PurpleSE are great cables especially when sales are on. I can also recommend the Fengru -610 litz cables
I have PurpleSE. It's aight. :confused:

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #90,309 of 103,532
IMG_5853.jpegIMG_5854.jpeg
My every day carry on the left, serious business on the right. DAP up top in the netting.

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #90,310 of 103,532
wow very nice....man, crazy DAP collection too....im speechless!

hum, but for my life habit i need more of this foam ''organizer'' since its perfect when i do IEM comparaison i just grab a pair in there, put it back...loose nothing unlike before...and can admire them. goal is to pile up about 5 of this thing and call it a day.

your case can fit 9 IEM, if i d some fast math i would need...about 30....then i think ill struggle and swear alot to find exact IEM that i impulsively need lol

i see lot of nice cable in there too...have you an ultimate fav?
I have 6 of the 9 compartment iem cases 4 of the 6 compartments 1 of 2 Compartments and an Effect Audio 3 compartments case.
The rest of my iems are in the individual cases phew still takes up a lot of space

Dec 1, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #90,312 of 103,532
If one wants to try a budget set with bone conduction drivers, which is the best budget implementation just to get the flavour?

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #90,313 of 103,532
aha....well, i was slightly ashame sharing this so i will not share the whole room...its just insane. and i have 5 cats too. i mean, 2 new kitties suppose to come so im stressed now....and hope they will be audiophile like my 3 other cats. they respect my cables, iems and audio gear lol
i consider cables more cumbersome, so that suck your not from Canada...i try to give some to Kyle Parker and he send it back to me...twas modular HZ cable....im confuse. nobody want my cables!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll take some, I am in Canada.

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #90,314 of 103,532
If one wants to try a budget set with bone conduction drivers, which is the best budget implementation just to get the flavour?
Easy wins for the BQEYZ Wind, they actually works well for me.

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #90,315 of 103,532

Users who are viewing this thread

Back