The discovery thread!
Nov 17, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #89,101 of 103,019
I have been spending a few days with the Oriveti OH700VB now. Again, they are 1DD/6BA IEMs with a bass switch located on the bottom end of the faceplates, meaning you can play and experiment sound changes while listening to your music.

These IEMs and their driver structure are not revolutionary, but Oriveti took their time, coming up with a ever growing new line-up. After the release of the OD200 (single DD), which start getting pretty good reception, to say the least, among the community, the OH700VB are another effort from Oriveti to confirm their knowledge about their tuning competencies and understanding on how technical abilities can meet musicality.
Is this a lot better than the OD200? I am sure there will be more resolution and better technicality with the OH700VB. The price to performance equation of OD200 is just amazing. What do you think about the OH700VB?

Nov 17, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #89,102 of 103,019
Way out of my price range but after the OD200 would be very interested in hearing these plus they look gorgeous!!!

They look very nice indeed, but also sound more V-shaped than the OD200. The OH700VB sound fuller, and, as the OD200, excel in the mids department with 4BA, even with the V-shaped tuning. And that’s where the magic happens actually.

IMG_5949.jpeg

IMG_5950.jpeg

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #89,103 of 103,019
Is this a lot better than the OD200? I am sure there will be more resolution and better technicality with the OH700VB. The price to performance equation of OD200 is just amazing. What do you think about the OH700VB?
Not a lot better, just different. The OH700VB take another route sound wise, but still with Oriveti’s knowledge in the background.

OD200 is a great and coherent sounding set. The big hybrid brother brings another proposition on the table. First, the switch on the faceplate. Yes, a switch, which immediately makes you feel the small yet maybe important difference in sound you might appreciate, depending on the music style you are listening to or depending on your mood.

The OD200 are and will remain one-of-a-kind set, no matter what will be released in single DD realm in the upcoming 24 months. Oriveti is coming with a true TOTL single DD in mid-late 2024, just fyi.

My impressions about the OH700VB so far:

1) Full sounding v-shaped set that did not forget how mids are important in such a signature.
2) Switch implementation. You hear the difference between 2 different tunings, live, listening to your tunes.
3) Immersive soundstage and sense of depth & height
4) Easy to drive
5) Warmish signature meets detail prowess

A full review will follow in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #89,104 of 103,019
Greetings everyone, could you please recommend the top IEMs currently available in the $500 price range? My tuning preference leans towards warm or warm-neutral sound, prioritizing a fun and musical experience over analytical precision. I'm looking for vivid, sparky treble that's not harsh or fatiguing, along with forward, thick vocals for both male and female voices. Additionally, I appreciate authoritative, fast, rumbly, and punchy bass, as well as a wide soundstage and good detail retrieval. I believe a W-shaped tuning would suit my preferences best. Thanks in advance!
You literally just described the new Quattro. Wait till launches very soon. Its going to be an extremely popular IEM. I am willing to bet on it.
Been listening to them all day. Can't get enough of just how engaging the sound is. This is the one. Dont know the price just yet but it will be less than $500.

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #89,106 of 103,019
You literally just described the new Quattro. Wait till launches very soon. Its going to be an extremely popular IEM. I am willing to bet on it.
Been listening to them all day. Can't get enough of just how engaging the sound is. This is the one. Dont know the price just yet but it will be less than $500.
Seeing you this excited and hyped for the Quattro is making a lot of people hyped as well. :grin:

I hope it's $400 or $450, with an early bird email code. It should sell boatloads if Penon can keep the price as low as possible.

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #89,107 of 103,019
Akros was talking about the really good iems out there right now and he included the ISN Neo 5. Throw in the EA1000, the Wind, Chopin, the brand new Tangzu, and the new Quattro. Anyone care to update what they believe to be their present top 10 iems (regardless of price and based on your own preferences)? I would like to see some updated lists after some of these most recent releases. I think I have grown ready to save for unique iems that stand out in some way after this most recent 11/11. Quality over quantity. I spent a good deal of money on some quality I believe. I added the Janus 3 and 7 hz Sonus at the very end. And I want to save for potential unique buys.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #89,109 of 103,019
Akros was talking about the really good iems out there right now and he included the ISN Neo 5. Throw in the EA1000, the Wind, Chopin, the brand new Tangzu, and the new Quattro. Anyone care to update what they believe to be their present top 10 iems (regardless of price and based on your own preferences)? I would like to see some updated lists after some of these most recent releases. I think I have grown ready to save for unique iems that stand out in some way after this most recent 11/11. Quality over quantity. I spent a good deal of money on some quality I believe. I added the Janus 3 and 7 hz Sonus at the very end. And I want to save for potential unique buys.
I didn't care much for the Sonus personally.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #89,110 of 103,019
Doesn't look like it, and hope not. S12 was never my thing due to metallic and bright sound.

Mine is almost here, looking forward to try it.

graph (8).png
Seems like the S12 measurement is done with deeper insertion on the coupler and the S15 not as deep, both aren't placed on the 8khz resonance peak .
If both were measured with same depth, It could result in similar driver nature with similar dip and peaks, only different nylon filter to smoothen the high mids there.
Who knows. Maybe similar driver with little tweaks.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #89,113 of 103,019
Been writing about them all day. Will post an official impression soon on the Penon thread and here as well. I will compare the Serial vs the Quattro on it.
Would appreciate a comparison where it stands to the ISN offerings too, specifically the EST50 and Neo 5.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #89,114 of 103,019

Do you have, or have you listened to, any of the IMR earphones?
How would you say they compare to the similarly priced Penon earphones?

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #89,115 of 103,019
Doesn't look like it, and hope not. S12 was never my thing due to metallic and bright sound.

Mine is almost here, looking forward to try it.

graph (8).png

1.5kHz push??? QDC-inspired?

714508BE-95AD-4278-8914-3BA17ED7AFF7.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back