The discovery thread!
Nov 15, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #88,906 of 104,663
Nicehck F1 pro is available in the NiceHCK Audio Store, retails at 159$ for me(might be cheaper for different regions such as US).

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJjI8X7

They also give 59$ discount coupon.

Code : F1PROBEST

-1089594060-902045659.jpg

-10883709741978192377.jpg
-1088298603-1472193386.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #88,907 of 104,663
even more problematic seems to be that this thing just isn’t super powerful. Compared it next to my v50 (which you can get at nearly half the cost of this used, and is already a little slow) and it has less than half the RAM, older processor, older Bluetooth version, half the battery… maybe if you literally did not have a phone but idk, even my kids do at this point and they are still in grade school lol.
Is there a point of using a dap if I have dongles? Genuine question because I just use my phone listening to lossless music with a dongle

Edit: if anyone wants to chime feel free to do it I'm all for it lol

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #88,908 of 104,663
Holy wowz. How has it taken someone this long to release a phone sized DAP. This might finally be the one
Yea looks like it's missing that. Strange as their tiny little square R2 has a 4.4

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #88,909 of 104,663
Is there a point of using a dap if I have dongles? Genuine question because I just use my phone listening to lossless music with a dongle
Honestly that question is so subjective, really just depends on your needs. For me, I like having a separate device since my phone is my work line as well, that way I’m not needlessly wasting battery on it. I also like having my FLAC collection with me, so having it all on a separate device is nice.

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #88,910 of 104,663
Yup, I know what you mean. This was the first time I've seen anyone compare the Falcon Ultra to the Twilight so I was surprised to hear that comparison. From what I've read, the Twilight is supposed to have a real unique sound signature so I'll find out soon enough.
Just got the Falcon Ultra doesn't sound anything like the Twilight and I highly doubt the One sounds anything like the other two sounds like a shilling to me.

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #88,911 of 104,663
Just got the Falcon Ultra doesn't sound anything like the Twilight and I highly doubt the One sounds anything like the other two sounds like a shilling to me.
I wouldn't go as far to say it's shilling. Seems like he doesn't like warmer IEMs in general except for those three so maybe that's why he grouped them together. Those are the three warm IEMs he actually does like.

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #88,912 of 104,663
Depends on budget but from a single DD perspective I reach for Final A5000, Technics TZ700, or Sennheiser IE900 for electronic music - all three handle speed and complexity very well, excellent for genres like IDM, techno, D&B etc.
The most reachable of those for me would be the Final. I am intrigued by the Neo 5 and EJ07M.

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #88,913 of 104,663

Edit: if anyone wants to chime feel free to do it I'm all for it lol

Put the sonic quality aside, to me, the most annoying aspect of dongle is just how tangly and inconvenient the set up is when you put the whole thing in your pocket. Losing connection due to slight wiggle at the connector, hard to adjust volume, no physical playback button, etc.

E84A55D6-7D39-4716-A738-813D6277C321.jpeg

My setup today. Easy to slip in a pocket, easy to control, and sound decent. It’s no DX300, but when good music starts, I would stop nitpicking.

Maybe he compared against the brass nozzle of falcon ultra? I don’t think magic1 sound like falcon ultra in the stock configuration at all. If anything, the magic1 would be closer to the likes of supernova.

Are you going to review the magic1? We didn’t agree about the P8 last year, so I’m curious how it goes this time :dt880smile:

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #88,914 of 104,663
Finally bought something again after a six months gap, Falcon Ultra and EA1000 on the way. :)

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #88,915 of 104,663
Put the sonic quality aside, to me, the most annoying aspect of dongle is just how tangly and inconvenient the set up is when you put the whole thing in your pocket. Losing connection due to slight wiggle at the connector, hard to adjust volume, no physical playback button, etc.

My setup today. Easy to slip in a pocket, easy to control, and sound decent. It’s no DX300, but when good music starts, I would stop nitpicking.

Maybe he compared against the brass nozzle of falcon ultra? I don’t think magic1 sound like falcon ultra in the stock configuration at all. If anything, the magic1 would be closer to the likes of supernova.

Are you going to review the magic1? We didn’t agree about the P8 last year, so I’m curious how it goes this time :dt880smile:
i need a small dap for portability with good audio and good price that does spotify. Any recommendations
?

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #88,917 of 104,663
Finally bought something again after a six months gap, Falcon Ultra and EA1000 on the way. :)
After looking at your signature you really need that 6 months gap lol
Honestly that question is so subjective, really just depends on your needs. For me, I like having a separate device since my phone is my work line as well, that way I’m not needlessly wasting battery on it. I also like having my FLAC collection with me, so having it all on a separate device is nice.

I was thinking of getting Astell & Kern A&Norma SR35 special Idolm@ster U149 edition DAP for my first DAP tho it's probably sold out by now lol IMG_20231116_080257.jpg

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #88,918 of 104,663
i need a small dap for portability with good audio and good price that does spotify. Any recommendations
?
Maybe that HiBy MW300 thing? HiBy trying to add Spotify to R3 II, but there are some non-technical problems that they are struggling with, so I wouldn't keep my hope up.

Otherwise, FiiO M11S is decently small.

If money is no objection, Astell and Kern SR35 is supposed to be excellent, sonic wise. GUI-wise, A&K is more suited for local FLAC, IMHO.

One thing to keep in mind that all Android DAP would eventually be outdated and cannot run streaming apps anymore. In fact, some older A&K already fail to run Apple Music. I had to pass a sweet A&K deal because of this problem.

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #88,919 of 104,663
If money is no objection, Astell and Kern SR35 is supposed to be excellent, sonic wise. GUI-wise, A&K is more suited for local FLAC, IMHO.

One thing to keep in mind that all Android DAP would eventually be outdated and cannot run streaming apps anymore. In fact, some older A&K already fail to run Apple Music. I had to pass a sweet A&K deal because of this problem.
I just like it for the waifus XD but for reals tho thanks for the heads up I think imma keep using my phone atm as my music player I don't think I can keep upgrading two device when they eventually get outdated

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #88,920 of 104,663
Teach me your ways!!

After looking at your signature you really need that 6 months gap

Believe it or not, but I only listened to the Fono (indoors] and the JD7 (outdoors) these last six months, they were my last purchases and satisfied me so much I had no desire to purchase some more. Knowing I could fall back on lots of good stuff I have helped too.

The nice thing about it when you don't spend your every penny on IEMs is that you can use the money for other stuff such as music for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back