The discovery thread!
Oct 29, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #87,781 of 102,913
I leave you my humble opinion about the BQEYZ Wind, but I have to tell you that I liked them very much. :darthsmile:

Best regards to all of you.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-wind.26715/reviews#review-32088

BQEYZ Wind 25_r.jpg

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #87,782 of 102,913
Never heard Quintet, but I have Variations. And to my ears they have an interesting but somewhat unnatural sound. They are resolving, have quite memorable subbase and addictive treble. So if you are looking for those qualities, then Variations have them in spades. Personally I listen to them quite lot and find them complimentary to my other iems as they differ a lot from the rest. But if I want some lush, rich and natural sound I don't pick Variations, as to my ears they have too much air and mids are a bit thin.
Thanks. Do you heard Fh9

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #87,783 of 102,913
I mainly listen to ambient music, soundtracks, 80-90 and current pop, edm, dance and some jazz.
I tried the fh9 with standard mouthpieces and balanced sound tips and loved the sound.
The question is, is the Variations or MS5 (for which the information is confusing) better than the Fh9?
If you love the sound then go with it. These IEMs are quite different from each other, so it’s hard to say whether they are “better”. From my own metrics, all three sits in a similar bracket in terms of technical performance. I personally rate variations’ tonality one point higher since it’s less risky than the other two.

Oct 29, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #87,784 of 102,913
If you love the sound then go with it. These IEMs are quite different from each other, so it’s hard to say whether they are “better”. From my own metrics, all three sits in a similar bracket in terms of technical performance. I personally rate variations’ tonality one point higher since it’s less risky than the other two.
Thanks. Maybe in techs Ms5 Will be behind the others...

Oct 29, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #87,785 of 102,913
Just received rhe KZ Castors - bass version. How the heck can KZ make and sell an IEM that sounds this good for $16. My bass extension reference tracks are deep and clean. The mids are clear and sibilance free with vocals and instruments true. Treble doesn’t glare.

If I was stranded with these, I would be a happy camper. $16!!!

Oct 29, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #87,786 of 102,913
Funny that Serial is still the most recognizing name for 3dd. Even though its charging a $100 for each driver of the cheapest technology
Ever heard the CFA Trifecta? That's $1k per DD. And having heard it, I want it!

Oct 29, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #87,787 of 102,913
Just received rhe KZ Castors - bass version. How the heck can KZ make and sell an IEM that sounds this good for $16. My bass extension reference tracks are deep and clean. The mids are clear and sibilance free with vocals and instruments true. Treble doesn’t glare.

$12 originally (!)
"Project Red" is to thank for the most competitive price KZ opted for, IMO :)
AS24, ZAT and Krila are great too, and there is a recent comment on KZ thread about PR1.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #87,788 of 102,913

I also have trouble understanding how they could have done this so well for the price of nothing with chocolate frosting. What impressed me most, however, was the grace with which they handled the jazz big bands (in my DDUD setting). The detail is there, the wide soundstage, and the necessary dynamics as well. From the well-chosen eartips, the highs are without a hint of sibilance.

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #87,789 of 102,913
I also have trouble understanding how they could have done this so well for the price of nothing with chocolate frosting. What impressed me most, however, was the grace with which they handled the jazz big bands (in my DDUD setting). The detail is there, the wide soundstage, and the necessary dynamics as well. From the well-chosen eartips, the highs are without a hint of sibilance.
still experimenting with Castor,
what eartip that you use?

Oct 30, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #87,790 of 102,913
Of the ones I have, the Symbio W Peel has been the best for me. But nothing is more individual than matching eartips. I've had the impression that with most other eartips, the upper midrange remains slightly irritating. I wish you much success in finding a suitable combination.

Oct 30, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #87,791 of 102,913
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #87,793 of 102,913
Of the ones I have, the Symbio W Peel has been the best for me. But nothing is more individual than matching eartips. I've had the impression that with most other eartips, the upper midrange remains slightly irritating. I wish you much success in finding a suitable combination.

same..it's still my best "go to" eartips"
second place would be the Sony eartips

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #87,795 of 102,913

Using the pentaconn coreir, Castor have great imaging while benefit from its own solid deep slam bass.
Yeah i know the eartips cost more than the earphone lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back