The discovery thread!
Oct 28, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #87,753 of 103,041
hello, i m back. how are you guys?

i broke my arm a few months ago so i haven t written some reviews. reviews of sellers such as penon, brightaudio, liewhoo, zhulinniao were delayed for months. anyway, there are much more important things than iems. i plan to write reviews soon. By the way, there is an important part among my notes. you are no different than an object for some companies that send you iems. i informed those who sent me iems that the reviews might be delayed because i broke my arm. some expressed bad attitudes about the delay in the investigation. nobody cares if your arm is broken or something happened to you, what they care about is the advertisement for the 50% discounted iems they sent you. this made me a little angry and i decided to end the iems reviews. it was a bad experience for me to have some iems companies reacting to me not being able to write a review with my broken arm. anyway, i m on this topic now.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #87,754 of 103,041

i broke my arm a few months ago so i haven t written some reviews. reviews of sellers such as penon, brightaudio, liewhoo, zhulinniao were delayed for months. anyway, there are much more important things than iems. i plan to write reviews soon. By the way, there is an important part among my notes. you are no different than an object for some companies that send you iems. i informed those who sent me iems that the reviews might be delayed because i broke my arm. some expressed bad attitudes about the delay in the investigation. nobody cares if your arm is broken or something happened to you, what they care about is the advertisement for the 50% discounted iems they sent you. this made me a little angry and i decided to end the iems reviews. it was a bad experience for me to have some iems companies reacting to me not being able to write a review with my broken arm. anyway, i m on this topic now.
I hope that you will be fine. Looks like that they have a little care in your well-being.

Oct 28, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #87,755 of 103,041

Good on you you should take that further and call out those companies everyone should see the negitive side of some of theese bad apples! Hidizs...

Oct 28, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #87,757 of 103,041
I always find it funny how gigantic the packaging for tiny IEMs are.
Tangzu Zetian Wu OG even have a kind of very big case in the definitely gigantic box :wink: .
As I use the IEM itself and not the cables, tips or the case from it ... that box is gargantuan !

Offtopic: I am using D&D size reference (table here is a good reference).

Oct 28, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #87,758 of 103,041
ARTTI R1 (3dd, $79)
Penon Serial little cousin with his own personality?
3.jpg

5.jpg

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #87,760 of 103,041
DSC_0150.jpegs.jpeg
DSC_0145.jpegw.jpeg
DSC_0130.jpegww.jpeg

Model: DOME
Driver:3 Balanced Armature + 1 Dynamic driver hybrid
Balanced Armature: 1 Knowles for high frequency
2 Sonion for middle frequency
Dynamic driver: 10mm PET diaphragm for low frequency
Impedance: 19ohm
Sensitivity: 107dB
Frequency response: 20-20kHz
Passive noise reduction: 26dB
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Cable lengthen: 1.2M

First impressions:
Penon manufacturing is going ahead and building on the new and different sound design accomplished with the 10th Anniversary model. That's not to say this does not have the Penon House sound because it does. Where the new 2 Sonion middle frequency drivers build a healthy midrange, and somehow there is even better timbre than ever? Yep, I just said that, some of the very best timbre ever done by BAs? Sorry I don't know how this is, but it is. Rounding out the top end its a single Knowles, and to add to the bottom a 10mm PET. The interesting part is Penon have carried over the well roundedness of the 10th over, as this IEM plays all genres and qualities of files well. While extra bass details put out by a file source or amplifier will get their due diligence to get a window unto their added qualities, regular older files get the polish too, with simply added note weight. Such note weight is maybe the key to our success here? That and the dance of balance, just like the 10th contained..........as this continuation is nothing like any rehash of any exact Penon I've ever heard? Totally new and offering just that much more/extra of a window into your daily file listening sessions. Bigger stage than any Globe or Orb before this creation, in fact the realization that we are in a whole different land means I have no handholds really for comparison? It's new?

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #87,761 of 103,041
DSC_0150.jpegs.jpegDSC_0145.jpegw.jpegDSC_0130.jpegww.jpeg
Model: DOME
Driver:3 Balanced Armature + 1 Dynamic driver hybrid
Balanced Armature: 1 Knowles for high frequency
2 Sonion for middle frequency
Dynamic driver: 10mm PET diaphragm for low frequency
Impedance: 19ohm
Sensitivity: 107dB
Frequency response: 20-20kHz
Passive noise reduction: 26dB
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Cable lengthen: 1.2M

First impressions:
Penon manufacturing is going ahead and building on the new and different sound design accomplished with the 10th Anniversary model. That's not to say this does not have the Penon House sound because it does. Where the new 2 Sonion middle frequency drivers build a healthy midrange, and somehow there is even better timbre than ever? Yep, I just said that, some of the very best timbre ever done by BAs? Sorry I don't know how this is, but it is. Rounding out the top end its a single Knowles, and to add to the bottom a 10mm PET. The interesting part is Penon have carried over the well roundedness of the 10th over, as this IEM plays all genres and qualities of files well. While extra bass details put out by a file source or amplifier will get their due diligence to get a window unto their added qualities, regular older files get the polish too, with simply added note weight. Such note weight is maybe the key to our success here? That and the dance of balance, just like the 10th contained..........as this continuation is nothing like any rehash of any exact Penon I've ever heard? Totally new and offering just that much more/extra of a window into your daily file listening sessions. Bigger stage than any Globe or Orb before this creation, in fact the realization that we are in a whole different land means I have no handholds really for comparison? It's new?
Gorgeous!

Oct 29, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #87,762 of 103,041
Honestly the one IEM I'm most interested in that's releasing soon is the Aful MagicOne, but that depends on the price and reviews.

Me too! Can’t wait to see what aful can cook up with just one BA and a coily 3d printed tube.

I have the MagicOne shipped from Hifigo. Will share some impressions when it arrives.

Anyone can compare these 3 iems?
Hidizs mS5, Variations, Fh9.

All are weird in their own ways. Variations is least problematic of all three. Hard to recommend any unless I know what you want to listen.

Welcome back, mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back