The discovery thread!
Oct 8, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #87,136 of 103,548
Hello to all.

Here is my humble opinion on the bold, at least, in colour :wink:, BLON x Z Jojo.

:beyersmile:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-x-z-jojo.26647/reviews#review-31942

BLON x Z Jojo 21_r.jpg

Oct 8, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #87,137 of 103,548
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #87,138 of 103,548
Hi, overdue Moondrop Joker impressions.

NB: This is a headphone designed for vocalists monitoring themselves in a recording studio/booth and is tuned accordingly.

Build Quality: Cheap-feeling, plastic headband and brass acoustic chambers feel thin metal, but very light and comfortable (it is a £50 headphone)
Isolation: Weak, not suitable for use outside
Soundstage: Wide and 3D feeling
Bass: Anaemic, has been pushed out of the way for this tuning
Mids: Vocal focus, better female than male, detailed
Treble: Rather too spicy, even for my indelicate ears
Detail retrieval: Good on the mid-higher frequencies

Comment: Out of the box, this is not suitable for casually enjoying music, not terribly surprising as it was not market as such. You need to EQ this, and as such it is better suited to a desktop setup.
With EQ I can fix the bass & tame the treble, keeping the detail and enjoying the soundstage.
With these modifications it is a very nice headphone indeed for the price.
Without, it is only suitable for the intended purpose of monitoring vocals.
If you are willing to spend the time to EQ to your taste, it's nice to experience the Joker ^^

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #87,139 of 103,548
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #87,141 of 103,548
Yeah there are still a couple of tips I want to get to test out. Divinus tips and the brass tips. Waiting on 11/11 lol.

I have almost all spinfits and all sednas, your incoming sedna max. the crystal is tighter and detailed.
Yes you have to try that pentaconn coreir brass, that one is on another class compared to my other eartips collections. They are expensive but worth for the imaging and layering, the brass resonance really works that way, not reducing or absorbing the clarity and the pin point accuracy compared to other materials.
But they don't adding bass, more the other way around they give tightness to the midbass, cleaner and snappier bass presentation.

Oct 8, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #87,142 of 103,548
I have almost all spinfits and all sednas, your incoming sedna max. the crystal is tighter and detailed.
Yes you have to try that pentaconn coreir brass, that one is on another class compared to my other eartips collections. They are expensive but worth for the imaging and layering, the brass resonance really works that way, not reducing or absorbing the clarity and the pin point accuracy compared to other materials.
But they don't adding bass, more the other way around they give tightness to the midbass, cleaner and snappier bass presentation.
Yeah I definitely want to try them, but I'm in no hurry for now. So I'll just wait on a sale lol.

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #87,143 of 103,548
Oct 9, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #87,144 of 103,548
ivipq Concha V11 looks like an 8BA value king, but no reviews nor even impressions I can find, do you think worth a blind buy?
hg.jpg
Ive spent 2 weeks with the V12 (I prefer the 2DD & 6BA combo) and I really impressed by them. At the beginning they sound "thin" without any bass, but lately they wake up, still maintaining the same detail and resolution. The presentation is really nice, cohesive and putting the instruments on the right place to sound just nice.

Maybe the packaging is not the best, but I get a nice cable over the modular one (you got some picks of them some page ago)

Like I said, on the 11.11 with the right coupons, they are a bargain. Just need some burning time.
while we are on tip talk, I have the ZEOS render silicone/memory foam hybrid on the way as well as some Moondrop spring tips.

So far, the only tips that work for me are comply memory foam, anyone use that hybrid?
They are NOT from ZEOS.

Oct 9, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #87,147 of 103,548
Oct 9, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #87,148 of 103,548
Does anyone have further rumors about the goodness of Kiwi Ears Melody? HBB seems to appreciate them, he's quite positive, but I'd like to know if they would be a sidegrade compared to P1 Max... Planar wars have begun and I can't wait to see or read objective reviews and comparisons.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #87,149 of 103,548
Does anyone have further rumors about the goodness of Kiwi Ears Melody? HBB seems to appreciate them, he's quite positive, but I'd like to know if they would be a sidegrade compared to P1 Max... Planar wars have begun and I can't wait to see or read objective reviews and comparisons.
I have read a couple of very recent reviews, one in which it was compared to the Tanchjim Kara. The reviewer liked them over the Kara, more so just liked them.

Oct 9, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #87,150 of 103,548
I got a set of Render ear tips this weekend... I cannot figure out how to get them inserted consistently or what size to even used, I normally need a medium or medium/small size, but the medium render ear tips don't seem to ever seal, so I tried using the larges and they seal but feel like they are sitting outside my ears basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back