The discovery thread!
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #80,866 of 104,011
You might be thinking about the Luxury & Precision W4 / W4 EX. Cayin RU7 is more fairly priced at $290.
Ooops typo. I meant to write $289. I wanna try it for sure. I've tried the W4 though.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #80,867 of 104,011
I've never shopped there, but I did see someone quote them before. Guess I should try them in the future.
Being a German store I guess I can expect good customer service and great shipping times.
That has almost always been the case whenever I order something from Germany.
The customer service is top-notch. I spoke with the owner a few times about demo units and he is always very helpful and friendly. For EU customers, I can truly recommend them. I know most of the time when you buy direct from China you'll get a better price, but when you buy from EU you have no import fees and faster shipping (usually 1 to 3 days), 2 years warranty and by warranty claim, you don't have to pay the expensive shipping to China.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #80,868 of 104,011
I know these are old news and not a discovery but after listening to many IEMs the past few months from budget to TOTL kilo-bucks, there is something special about the AüR Audio Alita.

20230612_213840.jpg
Haha here comes H570 ear tip comrade 😆

Wow Sony Walkman’s Screen is very high def👀

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #80,869 of 104,011
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #80,870 of 104,011
He is building hype, it works I'm curious 🧐

He doesn't have to build hype and isn't trying to imo. Kiwi Ears somehow tuned a quad-brid to almost meet his exact tuning preference, while keeping all of the drivers cohesive and balanced. So obviously he's going to praise it.

I'm going to try not to be hyped for another Kiwi Ears product, since some people got upset about it with the Quartet, but this new Quintet is very impressive so far. It came out of left field. I thought Kiwi Ears was going to be releasing a planar IEM next, but to my surprise (and everyone else's too), they have a planar driver IEM mixed with 3 other driver types coming soon. :dt880smile:

If this IEM is $300-$400, oh boy...

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #80,871 of 104,011
He doesn't have to build hype and isn't trying to imo. Kiwi Ears somehow tuned a quad-brid to almost meet his exact tuning preference, while keeping all of the drivers cohesive and balanced. So obviously he's going to praise it.

I'm going to try not to be hyped for another Kiwi Ears product, since some people got upset about it with the Quartet, but this new Quintet is very impressive so far. It came out of left field. I thought Kiwi Ears was going to be releasing a planar IEM next, but to my surprise (and everyone else's too), they have a planar driver IEM mixed with 3 other driver types coming soon. :dt880smile:

I thought KZ is going to be a first mad scientist who’s gonna be making a Frankenstein with Planar driver mixed with 3 other (LCP, DD, BA I guess from the pricing), wow KiwiEars😳

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #80,872 of 104,011
I thought KZ is going to be a first mad scientist who’s gonna be making a Frankenstein with Planar driver mixed with 3 other (LCP, DD, BA I guess from the pricing), wow KiwiEars😳
Sorry, but F KZ. I like Kiwi Ears a lot. Their IEMs sound good, look good, are tuned well, and have good QC.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #80,873 of 104,011

I am disillusioned by KiwiEars, the Cadenda was the last hit from them.

Playing one library and hitting a target curve is not a recipe for success.

The Orchestra overpriced strange tuning, the OR Lite too tame , the Quartet cheap BA Timbe, the Dolce not a great driver and again wonky tuning.

Slow this hype train down. Lots of Manufacturers trying HBB TARGET, that doesn't mean they actually sound good.
Many things come into play. Putting 4 drivers into one shell hard enough for kilobuck's.

Hearing is believing from trusted friends is the only way my $$ is going to another KiwiEars.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #80,874 of 104,011
I am disillusioned by KiwiEars, the Cadenda was the last hit from them.

Playing one library and hitting a target curve is not a recipe for success.

The Orchestra overpriced strange tuning, the OR Lite too tame , the Quartet cheap BA Timbe, the Dolce not a great driver and again wonky tuning.

Slow this hype train down. Lots of Manufacturers trying HBB TARGET, that doesn't mean they actually sound good.
Many things come into play. Putting 4 drivers into one shell hard enough for kilobuck's.

Hearing is believing from trusted friends is the only way my $$ is going to another KiwiEars.
Those are just your opinions, which not everyone shares. Feel free to purchase or not purchase whatever you want.

You are right about "hearing is believing," but not from "trusted friends." I only trust my own ears and brain.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #80,875 of 104,011
Sorry, but F KZ. I like Kiwi Ears a lot. Their IEMs sound good, look good, are tuned well, and have good QC.
Just got a DM from HBB,

says “1DD / 2BA / 1Planar /1 Piezo”

I saw he tweeted already so this is nothing confidential 😄

If this is priced around 199, it will be an interesting one to try out. We have GeekWold GK100 with crazy composition like this around the same price bracket.

Hey we never know, KZ AS24 maybe good, and their PR2 OG is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #80,876 of 104,011
Just got a DM from HBB,

says “1DD / 2BA / 1Planar /1 Piezo”

I saw he tweeted already so this is nothing confidential 😄
I really don't know how the planar driver fits into this configuration, but it will be interesting to know how Kiwi Ears implements them.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #80,877 of 104,011
I really don't know how the planar driver fits into this configuration, but it will be interesting to know how Kiwi Ears implements them.
What I know is that DD and Planar works good together in the TWS Huawei Freebuds Pro 2. But all those technologies together and tuned perfect seems like an impressive feat if price is low.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #80,878 of 104,011
I think Planar’s upper Mid is best performing area for the driver type,

My guess is
sub-bass : 1DD
upper-bass: 1BA
lower-mid : 1BA
upper-mid: 1Planar
super tweeter: 1Piezo

Simple but if tuned right it probably will sound very uniquely good.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #80,879 of 104,011
Those are just your opinions, which not everyone shares. Feel free to purchase or not purchase whatever you want.

You are right about "hearing is believing," but not from "trusted friends." I only trust my own ears and brain.
I'm not seeing the point in trying to invalidate TDM's opinion about Kiwi Ears just because you disagree with him, if you're going to talk about trusting one's ears and brains. Isn't he just doing the same thing?

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #80,880 of 104,011
What I know is that DD and Planar works good together in the TWS Huawei Freebuds Pro 2. But all those technologies together and tuned perfect seems like an impressive feat if price is low.
All those drivers together working cohesively and being tuned well is a feat for any brand/manufacturer, regardless of price.

If Kiwi Ears can keep it below $400, I can see this being a big hit. Again, not trying to build hype, just being realistic and making predictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back