The discovery thread!
Jun 9, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #80,641 of 104,341
But recently the Sound Rhyme 5 or HIDIS MS5, comes with that gain on the upper frequencies...
Indeed SR5 has enough energy in treble, but his treble is not such agressive.

Jun 9, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #80,642 of 104,341
Ah, now I see. Thanks again!

Are there any multiple BA sets out there, using only sonion drivers? Most of them are mixed up with DD or Knowles.
well, they can make full sonion BA, but it can be very expensive, for example Oriolus Trailli use all sonion drivers, another example is Penon Impact which use all sonion drivers
if you want cheap sonion then look for single BA using Sonion, good choice is U-9 (fish 9) u-556 (sonion 2356) or u-554 (sonion 2354)

Sonion definitely not budget friendly, so you won't find full sonion drivers on entry level, it might be on mid-tier price range but i doubt it unless the brand don't want to make money lol

Jun 9, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #80,643 of 104,341
Another Bullet contender Sonic Memory SM1. Tunable and MMCX.

Currently available in Asian Market. RMB249 during 6.18 sale. Crazy price for the assessories inside. Not include upgrade cable in the picture.
old KZ with tuning nozzle, the KZ ED9.

1686303881968.png

I think this is shortly before ZS5 and the multi-driver craziness ensues.
yeah, maybe LingLong successor is not over-ear IEM version but a bullet-em LingLong with tuning nozzle. :D

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #80,644 of 104,341
Tanchjim Kara 179$-230$
FB_IMG_1686305795556.jpg

FB_IMG_1686305801544.jpg

Yup good bye my EA500

Jun 9, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #80,645 of 104,341
Jun 9, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #80,646 of 104,341
Then you review "products", while here we have a real IEM review :)

Every reviewer must to be a manufacturers’ c***sucker and lying person whose only purpose is to cheat you out of your money, and you must be the crusader in shiny armor to “expose” them, aren’t you?

What’s your problem? You might be an older and what I am saying is disrespectful, but I have enough with your condescending and snickering and thinly-veiled accusations. It already takes a whole lot of time and money to write reviews, with little benefit in return except, maybe a handful of “likes” and a few new friends. I don’t need that energy when hanging around here.

Jun 9, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #80,648 of 104,341
Every reviewer must to be a manufacturers’ c***sucker and lying person whose only purpose is to cheat you out of your money, and you must be the crusader in shiny armor to “expose” them, aren’t you?

What’s your problem? You might be an older and what I am saying is disrespectful, but I have enough with your condescending and snickering and thinly-veiled accusations. It already takes a whole lot of time and money to write reviews, with little benefit in return except, maybe a handful of “likes” and a few new friends. I don’t need that energy when hanging around here.
I just paraphrased your comment.

Yes, in my opinion, the whole approach/mentality isappreciably wrong/faulty: get some "totl" and then compare and find "value/gems". Too skewed frame of reference - totally prone to hypes and busts.

So, fine, picture me as a "crusader", among the angry windmills, judging by your last comment :)

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #80,650 of 104,341
Indeed SR5 has enough energy in treble, but his treble is not such agressive

It kinda was too aggressive for me. That’s part of why I like the 41T better

Tanchjim Kara 179$-230$

Yup good bye my EA500
I don’t see why it’s goodbye: EA500 is a $70-80 1DD and Kara is a 1+4 hybrid in the 41T/SR5 price bracket.

Even if they’re tuned alike, unless Kara is competing with $500+ IEMs, it won’t make EA500 obsolete in a collection. Heck, I doubt Kara will make ST5/41T obsolete in direct competition.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #80,651 of 104,341
Yes, in my opinion, the whole approach/mentality isappreciably wrong/faulty: get some "totl" and then compare and find "value/gems". Too skewed frame of reference - totally prone to hypes and busts.
“Skewed” frame of reference? Excuse me?

“Skewed” is when one does not have any frame of reference as benchmark for their subjective comparison. If there is reference, and if the observer has integrity when comparing product against the reference, then there is no possibility for inflated impressions due to “honeymoon phase”. Things can change, but the U12t keeps sounding like a U12t, because it is a pair of earphones, not a living creature that changes with the environment and context.

get some "totl" and then compare and find "value/gems"
You are mistaken if you think I am dumb enough to commit my limited resources into some TOTL to hype up some random Chinese ear toys. For what? To suck manufacturers?

You criticise a lot and have all the right idea. Please enlighten us with better reviews then.

Good day, sir.

Jun 9, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #80,652 of 104,341
Sonion definitely not budget friendly, so you won't find full sonion drivers on entry level, it might be on mid-tier price range but i doubt it unless the brand don't want to make money lol
Yes, that's for sure! Maybe in the next future there will be a three or four driver setup in a shell. And: there's another mix variety: EST.
As baskingshark mentioned it's not based on a special brand. But would be interesting anyway. So I'll keep patient, until this day...

Jun 9, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #80,653 of 104,341
If you want an overall more balanced iem with greater detail, PR2.

If you just want a focused excellent vocal performance, Blessing 3.

You'd never expect the PR2 to trade blows with the B3 instead of being creamed.

Problem is, the PR2 as tuned by HBB is no longer being made. KZ took shortcuts and simplified the manufacture of the PR2, removing the actual tuning mesh on driver and just using a different nozzle filter.

Thank you very much for your analysis and opinion.
I'm afraid I misunderstood your post.
I thought you said that PR1>PR2, instead your comparison was between PR2 V1 and V2;
and since I didn't have the PR1 (which costs more than double the PR2),
I wrote that I would have bought it if it was better than B3.

I currently own and use the PR2
(I think first version, because I took it as soon as it came out, before it went into shortage)
And, yes, the PR2 is a great IEM, especially for the 35 EUR I paid for it.

However, my preferences in terms of tuning tastes are a bit strange.
I like the warm and low sound, but also the bright sound (to the limit of shouty)
So basically, I prefer the bright yet bass-heavy sound of the B3 over the PR2.
(except for the PENON SERIAL, which is extraordinary)

Regarding the PR2, although I basically agree with your opinion on its goodness,
I have noticed that the PR2 has a bit of a crisis with speed metal or heavy metal, which I sometimes listen to.
(a type of music crowded with sounds, which, if they are not well rendered, just seems like noise)
For that type of music, I'm better off with other planars (more expensive than the PR2),
type LETSHUOER Z12 (a version of the S12 with more bass) or RAPTGO HOOK-X.

Jun 9, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #80,654 of 104,341
Just to know.

U really like that kind of tuning of treble-head-asian-market?

I can support some iems with some charge on high frequencies... But that FR looks agressive
I like good bass and high-energy treble. This SM1 graph treble to me is polite. I miss those days when playing in the band, those metallic cymbal sound is what you actually heard live and body-slamming bass. No monitor just real sound. So maybe now the ear is not sensitive anymore.

Jun 9, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #80,655 of 104,341

CLEAN WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SPICE!​

compressed.jpg

Come with me as we take a first look at the SIMGOT EW100P, their latest and cheapest single DD set from the brand that broke through the market with the EA500. Can their budget offering match the hype that its more expensive sibling had? Let’s fine out!

Thank you to Linsoul and Daniel of SushiAudio Reviews for providing the unit for a review

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
  • Unique box for $20
  • Barebones inclusions with crappy tips and average cable
  • Plastic-y cheap build with a very small and sleepable form factor
  • Neutral with a slight bass boost
  • Decent slam and impact, lacks punch and texture
  • Lean, open and clean midrange
  • Sparkly, a little bit grainy but still nuanced treble

The EW100P uses a single LCP dynamic driver housed in a plastic/resin shell.

Right off the bat, the EW100P has one of the smallest and most comfortable shell that I’ve tried for $20. It’s small enough to sit flush in my ear but thick enough that it doesn’t feel awkward to wear or adjust. Pretty good for sleeping too!. The EW100P follows the Harman IE 2016 which gives it a rather neutral sound signature with a slight boost in the bass and a little bit of sparkle in the top end. This gives the bass a clean but still impactful and quite smooth presentation that has little to no bleed into the midrange that makes it very open and articulate. The treble is well presented with really good clarity and detail, especially for the price. The technical capability of the EW100P is also slightly ahead than its $20 counterparts.

However, the EW100P is fundamentally another rehash of the harman-esque tuning that we’ve grown accustomed to. This means if you have any of the recent harman-esque sets that have littered the market, the EW100P would not sound any different, or at least the differences would be marginal. It also exhibits the somewhat leaner lower midrange and potentially overly forward upper mids that some might dislike. The bass is also leaner than a lot of the current sets which is similar to the 7hz Zero in a sense that you don’t really get a lot of body in the lower midrange which, depending on your preferences, might sound a little thin or dry. The treble, while well presented, has a slight graininess and is unrefined to the overall presentation which can occasionally make certain tracks sound a little harsh.

This is by far one of my favorite single DD sets in the budget along with the TIN HiFi C2. It has enough sparkle and a clean lower midrange that give it a very clean and smooth presentation without sounding overly dry or analytical. While it does lack the warmth and texture that I usually long for, I can excuse it for how nuanced the treble is. Simgot releasing bangers!

Stay tuned for the full review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back