The discovery thread!
May 21, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #79,321 of 103,548
Funny... Yesterday I was listening to Pantera also - "Cowboys from hell" (Shozy B2 + GuCraftman Silver cable). 🤠
That's the Pantera album I was listening to as well. CFH!! The best Pantera!

May 21, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #79,323 of 103,548
I've been enjoying the Quartet with all genres, but noticed it sounds best with EDM, K-pop, and rap/hip hop.

Great all-around IEM for the price. Pairs well with SPC OCC copper hybrid cables and a transparent source in my opinion.
Agree with genres of music, tuning goes well electronica and K Pop.
The cable I used from Penon is also SPC, I bet the Quartet would pair well with the Penon Vocal but that would have looked horrible 😂

May 21, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #79,324 of 103,548
Hello to all.

This is my humble opinion on the Simgot EA500. :smile_phones:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ea500.26361/reviews#review-30847

Simgot EA500 34_re.jpg

May 21, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #79,325 of 103,548
nice precise cross comparison 😆

Since I ranted too much about Linsoul’s poor preorder code habdling, I bet they decided delay my order dispatch😂

Deng seemed a bit pissed off when I directly criticized about their poor code exchanging system.

Anyway, good to hear some inputs! I’ll be waiting my pairs to arrive soon.
Well, wouldn't you be pissed off if you were a business owner and someone was ranking on your format? It wasn't actually that hard to figure out. You log into your acct, and enter the code. You wanted to use the code without logging into your acct, which isn't the process. So I can see how they'd get pissed at you, though you still ended up using the system lol

May 21, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #79,326 of 103,548
Pulled out the Tri Star River in preparation for the arrival of the Quartet on Tuesday. I'll kick with these for the next 24 hours, then go back to my big 4 rotation, but so far not too bad? Not the greatest, but not bad for a budget set.

May 21, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #79,327 of 103,548
Ik sound is subjective.. but from reading what several people have said about the Quartet, it just doesn't seem that impressive besides the looks. I'm just personally not a fan of switches either like what the Quartet has so idk. I haven't listened to it yet, so I can't really say a lot. I've just been looking at reviews and comparing that to how much it was talked about around the industry.

The Quartet is probably a fine iem, but there are just so many other iem's in that price range that it's competing against. The thing is, If you release an iem for around $100, it can't just be solid. It really has to be something special now to be worthwhile listening to and to keep being mentioning considering how competitive the price range is. Not to mention, you can pay not too much more and get something like an S12 or Wu Zitean. Also, it's competing against similar or cheaper iem's like the Aria, Hexa, Titan S, EA500, Dioko, Olina SE, etc. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Quartet in a few months or so.

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #79,328 of 103,548
Ik sound is subjective.. but from reading what several people have said about the Quartet, it just doesn't seem that impressive besides the looks. Honestly, it looks like somewhat of a bust considering how much it was getting hyped up on here. I'm just personally not a fan of switches either like what the Quartet has so idk.

Maybe the Quartet is a fine iem, but there are just too many other iem's that seem like a better option than the Quartet around that price range. If you release an iem for around $100, it can't just be solid. It really has to be something special now to be worthwhile listening to and to keep being mentioning considering how competitive the price range is. Not to mention, you can pay not too much more and get something like an S12 or Wu Zitean. Also, it's competing against similar or cheaper iem's like the Aria, Hexa, Titan S, EA500, Dioko, Olina SE, etc. Down into the dark abyss the Quartet hype train goes.
The reviews have been very lukewarm from the very first one from that gamer guy who said they were just ok in technicalities and the stage was a bit narrow. Mine come in Tuesday, but I'm not really expecting much from them. Ironically, I haven't been this indifferent with a set coming in since the last Kiwi Ears, the Orchestra Lite, which was reviewed to death before they ever landed, and though very capable and fun for an all-BA, reviewers downplayed them to death before I ever got to try them for myself.

May 21, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #79,329 of 103,548
The reviews have been very lukewarm from the very first one from that gamer guy who said they were just ok in technicalities and the stage was a bit narrow. Mine come in Tuesday, but I'm not really expecting much from them. Ironically, I haven't been this indifferent with a set coming in since the last Kiwi Ears, the Orchestra Lite, which was reviewed to death before they ever landed, and though very capable and fun for an all-BA, reviewers downplayed them to death before I ever got to try them for myself.
Yeah, I mean the reviews haven't been terrible. I'm not saying the Quartet seems bad or anything. I haven't even tried them so I can't even say anything. They seem perfectly fine. I guess what I wrote made it somewhat sound like they were bad. It's just hard to have really high expectations now with iem's in that price range is what I was trying to say. And when you see something getting hyped up for weeks, you expect it to be a reference in its price range. Honestly, the looks alone is probably worth a buy if nothing else haha.

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #79,330 of 103,548
Yeah, I mean the reviews haven't been terrible. I'm not saying the Quartet seems bad or anything. I haven't even tried them so I can't even say anything. They seem perfectly fine. I guess what I wrote made it somewhat sound like they were bad. It's just hard to have really high expectations now with iem's in that price range is what I was trying to say. And when you see something getting hyped up for weeks, you expect it to be a reference in its price range. Honestly, the looks alone is probably worth a buy if nothing else haha.

I’ve had mine for 24 hours. They sound good. I’m not sure why people are so critical of them.

May 21, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #79,332 of 103,548
It can be understood to a certain degree that my same 4BA driver SeeAudio Bravery with PW legend II cable is somehow endgame grade for specific J-POP genre, despite having many technically superior sets, that 4BA has got a minimum but ideal timbre.

It’s interesting to see people do value timbre to that extent over technicality🤔
By the way, how would you rate the performer 5 for jpop typical stuff (charts) and anison like Ado etc. but also jrock jmetal and sometimes some heavy rotation, compared to the bravery?
Gonna check out the Yume Ultra, that launches this week.

Looking forward to your P8 review. hope the embargo will end soon.

May 21, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #79,333 of 103,548
My Video is out tonight about the Quartet, not that impressive, Bass is standout but the cheap BA sounds like cheap BA with Sibilant BA timbre and Unusual crunchyness in the Upper treble. Depending on the switches position you either get mid bass bloat or shouty treble on all kinds of different tracks.

Stage again Depending on the tuning switches goes from average to below average, as well as the technical aspects the Quartet is able to belt out.
Instruments and placement is below average unless you dial up the switches to increase the highs and get more chance of that BA timbe.

I wouldn't say the Quartet is good for any one kind of library.
For $110 the looks are there just not the sound. IMHO

May 21, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #79,334 of 103,548
Don't know. Really high expectations I guess

I believe this was some of my problems, I have some sets I truly enjoy and that is in a league above the Quartet. Giving my brain some time to adjust and comparing against my SIE and H30 grounded my expectations.

I’ve had mine for 24 hours. They sound good. I’m not sure why people are so critical of them.

They are not as bad as some make them out to be, as I said in my mini review they are quite enjoyable with the right music. Nothing spectacular but nothing that is very wrong either, I guess the peak around 8k Hz might be bothersome for some more than others. The worst part is that it can affect some female vocals since it boosts the presence and can make it slightly sibilant. Not all female vocals are affected, tried a few J-Pop artists that very often is sibilant on some IEMs and the same happened with Quartet.

I have listened to some metal albums the last hours, I must say that the Quartet actually is quite good for this. Right now this one:

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #79,335 of 103,548
I'm liking the quartet quite a bit in the down-up configuration, although it's slotted in a very crowded range of similarly priced IEMs that I own and also like. Something needs to go on the chopping block, but I haven't spent enough time yet to know if it can displace any of the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back