The discovery thread!
May 3, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #78,031 of 103,543
Could use some extra bass myself. But seems great regardless. Wonder if you can compare it to both tunings of Blessing 2.
Comparing it to precog's measured B2 and B2 Dusk. 41t is going to have more perceived bass because of the darker upper-mids/treble. It's going to be a lot more relaxed than either Moondrop set.

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 8.22.15 AM.png

May 3, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #78,032 of 103,543
What’s funny that I recently learnt is that one reviewer disclosed:

“I was offered a KZ IEM review, with restrictions -I can’t express my honest opinion on it, and I have to at least describe it in positive way, so I respectfully denied the review request”

Wow, first time I heard any brand requesting a hype review😅 Not sure if it’s a third party distributor’s request of KZ official’s request but that’s not a smart idea…

PR2 is showing up, funny thing as usual, people tend to be very careful in noting anything about the sound.

I’ve seen 5 of PR2 (it’s Japan, so it’s the commercial production units arriving earlier than international folks) and all info I’ve got it

”PR2 arrived! listening to it!“ x 5
😱 Is there any local rule that you can’t comment on OOTB?😭
The current marketing rep is doing trial and error on "how to market iem" in real time.

there is one point that they give review units to 5k~10k "tech reviewers" who have no idea what they are talking about.
"it have detachable cable, its great so you can replace the cable",
"its pretty generous it came with 2 extra eartips set",
and "its sounds good, punchy bass, dynamic, and you don't have to worry about battery since its wired'
And one of them do all that while wearing every one plus journalist merch package (shirts, hats, oneplus box on the table, and stuff) that screams "i just got my first reviewer care package."
Obviously it ended being heavily criticized by the masses

and then came the current stingy era where they barely give out review copy.
stingy enough that i causes its own mini drama, i forgot the details didn't bother to follow it much.

Things that you said above is pretty accurate on "early impression" vids that i takes with some salts, like IanFann or TechSavvy.
usually Ianfann give third party graph and at least idea on where or what the iem trying to be.
usually i waited until Paulwasabi, vortex, HBB, or akros to review it. They usually give context on how good it is in comparison with other iem from same grade or above it.
HBB negative review (i forgot in which iem) causes the marketing rep to have a slight meltdown in the kz discord.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #78,033 of 103,543
Comparing it to precog's measured B2 and B2 Dusk. 41t is going to have more perceived bass because of the darker upper-mids/treble. It's going to be a lot more relaxed than either Moondrop set.

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 8.22.15 AM.png
If it weren't flat broke I'd probably bite just from seeing the frequency response. It seems like it'd be something I could just listen for hours with no signs of fatigue.

But who knows. While to me this probably sounds neutral. I wonder if to most this would sound dark.

My sister is forcing me to visit her home i about 2 months. Maybe I can make some quick cash rather than vacations?

May 3, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #78,034 of 103,543
First review (not English) with sound demo and comparison of PR2 vs PR1 Pro.

PR2 seem quite neutral and even a bit flat (closer to the source), especially when compared next to PR1 Pro. Judging from the demo, I personally kind of prefer PR1 Pro.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #78,035 of 103,543
May 3, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #78,036 of 103,543
First review (not English) with sound demo and comparison of PR2 vs PR1 Pro.

PR2 seem quite neutral and even a bit flat (closer to the source), especially when compared next to PR1 Pro. Judging from the demo, I personally kind of prefer PR1 Pro.

My twitter pal who have both Wu Zetian OG and PR2 just confirmed PR2 is a great hit!

So sad we live far from port of origin, my PR2 is still somewhere on Pacific Ocean 😭

At least good to know PR2 is worth the investment

May 3, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #78,037 of 103,543
My twitter pal who have both Wu Zetian OG and PR2 just confirmed PR2 is a great hit!

At least good to know PR2 is worth the investment

PR2 should be a good set, especially for ~35 dollars. Will see how good it goes with EQ.

So sad we live far from port of origin, my PR2 is still somewhere on Pacific Ocean 😭

Mine is still hibernating in "to ship" state.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #78,038 of 103,543
PR2 has cleared customs here - hopefully it’ll arrive by the end of the week.

May 3, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #78,039 of 103,543
Hi folks.

I just published my review on the ISN EST50. This is a tribrid with 1 DD 2BAs and 2 ESTs, its a L-shaped IEM with addictive and fun bass.
Been very long in the making, had almost finished the review many months ago. After spring arriving taking all the snow away I got some more energy to finish it.

Anyways enjoy and please read if your interested, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/isn-est50.25254/review/30730/

DSCF1817.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #78,040 of 103,543
PR2 should be a good set, especially for ~35 dollars. Will see how good it goes with EQ.

Mine is style hibernating in "to ship" state.
I ordered from KZ Global store too, luckily I was one of the early bird, sorry mate😉
Hope your batch gets ship soon!

At least that $29 PR2 wasn’t a joke, and the SQ impressions are underwriting very convincing performance, good news

May 3, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #78,041 of 103,543
I ordered from KZ Global store too, luckily I was one of the early bird, sorry mate😉
Hope your batch gets ship soon!

At least that $29 PR2 wasn’t a joke, and the SQ impressions are underwriting very convincing performance, good news

I ordered on April 27, I think there were already 300+ orders. For me price ended up being 35 dollars including tax.

So far that sound demo, I kind of prefer PR1 Pro especially with EQ in mind. By the demo, PR1 Pro feel more clear, energetic, not as dark next to PR2, also seemed more detailed, as when compared PR2 to PR1 Pro and source, some details seemed buried and not as present. But of course, actually in ears it might be a very different story.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #78,043 of 103,543
PR2 landed this morning, they're mind-blowing !! One caveat though they do need a helluva lot of juice, as the balanced output is not enough from my Sony NW-ZX300A, so they do require extra amping via DSD NX4. The soundstage is to die for - very spherical, width & depth coupled with a plentiful amount of live presence / "air." Heard things in the 3D spectrum I've never heard before - like all ground-breaking sets previously, you listen to tracks usually bypassed in your collection. PR2 really excel with female vocals in a binaural soundscape.....Note weight is not compromised, plus they become next level post EQ'ing, in order to elevate the bass/sub-bass & mids (- they're certainly not veiled / recessed.) Sibilance also is not an issue - they never get shouty or distorted at very high levels, whilst they're amazing at rendering high levels of detail retrieval. Hence they're by far the best set I own, & Kudos goes out to HBB & KZ....they're very addictive & an absolute winner imho !! :L3000: :beerchug:

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #78,044 of 103,543
PR2 landed this morning, they're mind-blowing !! One caveat though they do need a helluva lot of juice, as the balanced output is not enough from my Sony NW-ZX300A, so they do require extra amping via DSD NX4. The soundstage is to die for - very spherical, width & depth coupled with a plentiful amount of live presence / "air." Heard things in the 3D spectrum I've never heard before - like all ground-breaking sets previously, you listen to tracks usually bypassed in your collection. PR2 really excel with female vocals in a binaural soundscape.....Note weight is not compromised, plus they become next level post EQ'ing, in order to elevate the bass/sub-bass & mids (- certainly not recessed.) Sibilance also is not an issue - they never get shouty at very high levels, whilst they're amazing at rendering detail retrieval. Hence they're by far the best set I own, & Kudos goes out to HBB & KZ....they're very addictive & an absolute winner imho !! :L3000: :beerchug:
Your enthusiasm is contagious. Joy and anticipation are rising, mine are still waiting to be sent.

May 3, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #78,045 of 103,543
Your enthusiasm is contagious. Joy and anticipation are rising, mine are still waiting to be sent.
Thanks, I've not been as enthusiastic about a set for ages, you can't believe that they're KZ tbf...Hype trains usually trigger unanimous scepticism, especially regarding discussions surrounding high-end> mid>budget / Ch-Fi.....whereas these fulfil the hype & are totally worth the wait....bigtime !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back