The discovery thread!
Apr 22, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #77,026 of 106,215
Excellent build, mate! I like how the MMCX plugs are seamlessly integrated with the shells. Any possibility of having a bass vent on those shells? Never thought they look that good in real life.
In this case the back is open, but i made the bass amazing

20230406_111842.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #77,028 of 106,215
This is a thread about discoveries, but still let's ask. I know that I have way to many IEMs and never enough time for all of them.

If you could only own 3 IEMs what would it be?

Pick from the ones you own instead of dream IEMs. Can let it run over weekend and add them up in a list, I know similar polls like this is done in WC thread. But I bet there will be a different data from this thread, and IMO the best thread in Head-Fi 👌💯
Let's play the island game!

- 634ears Loak TC (blue copper)
- FatFreq Maestro Mini
- Penon Serial

PS: I would have sold my IER-Z1R for some liters of bad booze before the drop off :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #77,029 of 106,215
Let's play the island game!

- 634ears Loak TC (blue copper)
- FatFreq Maestro Mini
- Penon Serial

PS: I would have sold my IER-Z1R for some liters of bad booze before the drop off :wink:
I’m thinking about grabbing a 634ears one day. I have his blog bookmarked on my phone to read his technical articles about tuning DDs. How good is that Loak TC?

Apr 22, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #77,030 of 106,215
Tone Loak - Loak TC After Dark!

Apr 22, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #77,031 of 106,215
I’m thinking about grabbing a 634ears one day. I have his blog bookmarked on my phone to read his technical articles about tuning DDs. How good is that Loak TC?
Going to bed now, so no in-depth answer right now, but 634ears (Musashi-san) knows how to make single DDs sing. The blog is really worth reading as well as the many inputs available on the dedicated thread.

My Loak-TC (copper) is the most bassy of the bunch. It hits hard and clear, with amazing textures and nuances in the low-end. The mids are not recessed, but just south of being forward. The highs are smooths, but very well extended and there is an impressive amount of detail. I am spoiled by this set…

Apr 22, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #77,032 of 106,215
This is a thread about discoveries, but still let's ask. I know that I have way to many IEMs and never enough time for all of them.

Pick from the ones you own instead of dream IEMs. Can let it run over weekend and add them up in a list, I know similar polls like this is done in WC thread. But I bet there will be a different data from this thread, and IMO the best thread in Head-Fi 👌💯
From my current lineup , I'd go with:

- 7th Acoustics Supernova
- Aür Neon Pro
- Empire Ears Odin

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #77,033 of 106,215

My three IEMs in the survival kit:

1)SR5
2)EA500
3)Xelento

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #77,034 of 106,215
Sennheiser IE600(Single DD)
Kinera Nanna(Hybrid)
Elysian ANnhilator/Oriolus Trailli/EE Odin(Ultimate Endgame)
Bro🤣 You already chose more than 3, so your boat is overloaded to arrive in that 3-iem-paradiso 🏝️

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #77,035 of 106,215
From my current lineup , I'd go with:

- 7th Acoustics Supernova
- Aür Neon Pro
- Empire Ears Odin
With all your stunning IEM's in your collection, this list is a jaw dropper for Aur and 7th Acoustics! Nice!

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #77,036 of 106,215
Bro🤣 You already chose more than 3, so your boat is overloaded to arrive in that 3-iem-paradiso 🏝️
Well, in his defense, he does not have the last three. Those are wish listers. If I won a ton of money, I'd throw the IE900 in there, JVC FW10000, and the UM Multiverse Mentor!

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #77,037 of 106,215
Well, in his defense, he does not have the last three. Those are wish listers. If I won a ton of money, I'd throw the IE900 in there, JVC FW10000, and the UM Multiverse Mentor!

Maybe AuR’s incoming flagship as well?😉

Resolution: Mentor = Impact > NP
Soundstage: NP= Mentor > Impact
Subbass: NP(Bass on) >= Mentor > Impact
Lows: Mentor > NP(Bass on) > Impact
Mids: Mentor > NP = Impact
Highs: Impact > Mentor > NP

Personal preference on tonality/tuning: NP > Mentor > Impact

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #77,038 of 106,215

What about the Subtonic Storm? I thought that was all the summit-fi rage lately.

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #77,039 of 106,215

Ooooo I’ll contribute - it’s an interesting question for sure.

If we’re talking the ones I own:

1) Monarch MKII
2) FatFREQ Maestro Mini
3) OG Dark Magician

If we’re talking “money no object, dream IEMs” that I’ve heard in the past, it would be:

1) Annihilator (genuinely the greatest piece of audio gear I’ve ever put in or near my ears)
2) Diva (with a little screw driver to change the bass setting)
3) OG Dark Magician

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #77,040 of 106,215
Going to bed now, so no in-depth answer right now, but 634ears (Musashi-san) knows how to make single DDs sing. The blog is really worth reading as well as the many inputs available on the dedicated thread.

My Loak-TC (copper) is the most bassy of the bunch. It hits hard and clear, with amazing textures and nuances in the low-end. The mids are not recessed, but just south of being forward. The highs are smooths, but very well extended and there is an impressive amount of detail. I am spoiled by this set…
The LOAK-TC is one of the best single DD sets I've heard. It has a warm W signature with well textured bass, slightly forward mids and smooth highs. I was suprised with how well defined the vocals are. I seriously thought it was going to be more U/V-shaped. But I can see its tuned for asian audiences with J-Pop/K-pop in mind. Bought 3 versions. TC, OP, CL.
DSC00109_1-1024x684 (1).jpg
DSC01244.jpg
DSC09547-1024x684.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back