The discovery thread!
Apr 17, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #76,621 of 102,786
My review will be something like this already done waiting for the 21st as requested.

Hidizs #HidizsMS5 #MS5
For people who are treble sensitive this one is NOT for you. Formal Review on the 21st on my YouTube Channel

DD is wicked but hard to hear over the noise from the massive energy at 5K 6K 7K 8K 9K.

When you are Treble sensitive you get a completely different experience from people who are not and it changes the entire experience for you.

The MS5 is not a neutral IEM more Treble-heads unique very niche tuning IEM.

Just to add to your note about the “normal rise” comment: it should apply only from 1k to 3k. If you consider all the way to 5k, you miss the fact that the lower treble of these IEM is also unusually high.

Normally, the ear gain start raising 45degree from 1k, reaching 3k, and then going down to 20k. It means that the mid range is higher than treble (5k, 8k, 16k). People complaining about Harman target usually say it’s boring, no treble. The reason is all treble frequencies are below ear gain peak. Quite a few kilobucks stick to Harman-like until 3k (maybe less amount of ear gain), and then push the treble up with EST drivers or stacks of BAs

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #76,622 of 102,786
HBB said himself that the treble peak will be knocked off some in real world listening. If that’s the case, this should be a stellar set.
Screenshot_20230417_194208_Chrome.jpg

Indeed a coupler peak. Its comparable to Timeless 😅

Lets see how it competes technically against EA500 or JD7

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #76,623 of 102,786
So here is a riddle....

7Hz Legato arrived yesterday and my ears telling me I am listening to ISN Audio D10.
OK, my ears are older than I like them to be, but they are not a totally lost case.

Anybody else with both sets who could offer 2 cents?

Cheers.

I haven’t done side-by-sides yet between the two, but from memory I can only say you are only partially correct. Meaning they are both bass heavy IEMs true, but the 7Hz is slightly more diffuse and strangely uneven in reproduction. I don’t mean that in a totally negative way, I just saying the ISN D10 is clearer, more straightforward, more classic in approach? But I will try them back to back! Good idea.
Just did side-by-sides. The ISN D10 is way upper frequency crisper and offers imaging in the treble which is substantially brighter, more detailed. Where the bass is in a way similar, strange this is one of the few times my audio memory was fairly accurate? Really it’s the above description.

If I was to put it in a sentence it would be the Legato is smoother, more rolled-off in the highs?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #76,624 of 102,786
hmmmmm…?🤔

Testing Blessing3 vs SR5

B3 has got better technicality 😳

Since I recall I rated 89/100 for SR5, Blessing 3 may really hit 90/100 just like SA6.

B3 got exceptionally good imaging and has very good naturally extended treble.

Apr 17, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #76,625 of 102,786
The design on the Z300 is a bit flashy for my taste but that won’t stop me from picking one up.

Not my cup of tea either but more than the silly bling what annoys me most is them following the trend of the last couple of years of putting single DDs in huge, mostly empty housings. What about those of us with tiny ears who like to use their sets on the go huh??!! Where did all the tear drops and L shapes go?? Housings that were actually comfortable and would allow me to sleep on a headrest if needed.

Guess i'll just keep buying Linglongs.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #76,626 of 102,786
hmmmmm…?🤔

Testing Blessing3 vs SR5

B3 has got better technicality 😳

Since I recall I rated 89/100 for SR5, Blessing 3 may really hit 90/100 just like SA6.

B3 got exceptionally good imaging and has very good naturally extended treble.
That's very good to hear. How about depth and layering? Is the stage and singers right in your face like B2, or taking a step back?

Apr 17, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #76,627 of 102,786
Not my cup of tea either but more than the silly bling what annoys me most is them following the trend of the last couple of years of putting single DDs in huge, mostly empty housings. What about those of us with tiny ears who like to use their sets on the go huh??!! Where did all the tear drops and L shapes go?? Housing that were actually comfortable and would allow me to sleep on a headrest if needed.

Comfort and fit are underrated priorities

Apr 17, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #76,628 of 102,786
That's very good to hear. How about depth and layering? Is the stage and singers right in your face like B2, or taking a step back?
Moondrop has perfected Moondrop house tuning, however I just A-B tested, the vocal projection has shifted forward from B2’s intimate projection style. I bet 4-5khz floor raise is intended for that part.

Layerying and image depth also improved, thanks to 15khz air raise that I kept complaining “B2 lacks treble extensions” .

I was thinking “wait? Did Moondrop say they‘ve changed the SWFK tweeter to something else?”

It sounds like they are using different tweeter units. B3 sound much more clear and pronounce.

I now can see SA6 and B3 on exact same tier, I still prefer qdc tuning a bit though.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #76,629 of 102,786
Not my cup of tea either but more than the silly bling what annoys me most is them following the trend of the last couple of years of putting single DDs in huge, mostly empty housings. What about those of us with tiny ears who like to use their sets on the go huh??!! Where did all the tear drops and L shapes go?? Housing that were actually comfortable and would allow me to sleep on a headrest if needed.

Lol eh, as long it doesn’t create pressure points and is light enough I don’t mind the size, but my concha isn’t too small I don’t think. My ear canal is tho, so I’m limited there.

Apr 17, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #76,630 of 102,786

I truly want that driver to be good 🥺😅

The relaxed pinna is compensated with spicier 5-6k and more 8k. Smooth replay but still sparkly where is needed. It feels like an ambitious and well thought project 🤞
HBB have been spending time and multiple iem trying to create Blon BL03 successors.
hopefully this would be it for HBB and Blon themselves.

The gold Z300 reminds me of Tanchjim Hana's gold+white combination.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #76,632 of 102,786
R.I.P Andrea Bocelli. I literally just found out one of the best angelic voices in all of the world has passed away.

Are you sure? He's just 60 something. I think he is performing in Athens soon?

Apr 17, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #76,635 of 102,786
R.I.P Andrea Bocelli. I literally just found out one of the best angelic voices in all of the world has passed away.

Well, talking about Bocelli
His somewhat recent mainstream works,
his older works is among my late father favorite
If i recalled it right, his son also quite terrific singer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back