The discovery thread!
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #74,791 of 104,191
These arrived this morning, they sounded a bit flat and lifeless with the fitted stock tips (haven't tried the other included tips), too bassy with Trn T tips but with JVC spiral dots.. beautiful! They opened the stage up, bass is punchy but not too much for me, treble level is fine, and so far I'm not hearing anything shouty like Timmy from Giz Audio mentioned. I've only listened to electronic and pop so far, with male and female vocals on Amazon HD via the Musehifi M1 (bought with Shimin Li Encounter, great little DAC btw) I guess they could be too bright with ESS DACs, I might try my S9 Pro later today. If your waiting on these IEMs I highly recommend trying the spiral dots, they're worth owning if you've never tried them anyway.

PS. They look great in person, my first red IEMs and as for the sound and accessories, this blind buy paid off!

PPS. Another scratch card loser, I wish you all better luck than me.

IMG_20230322_121355.jpg
IMG20230322112212.jpg

IMG20230322121549.jpg
IMG_20230322_121725.jpgIMG20230322112147.jpg
Man if theres one thing Seeaudio always nails its cool packaging

Mar 22, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #74,792 of 104,191
The year of 2022 was partially the year of the twin driver DD experience. And the Dunu VULKAN was one such example of not only thinking out of the box, but sounding strange yet wonderful. Who could ever guess such a thing could in fact become a reality? So wild!

4461D26F-D30D-4C49-8F8B-C84910603C71.jpeg

yes, wonderful.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #74,793 of 104,191
I am just looking more forward to my Aure being shipped next week now :beerchug:
I still believe AüR will be one of the big ones going forward.

It lessens the upper range some, making mids shine trough more.
It still keeps the resolution capability, its a good one for sure. But ill keep it at that since its a cable thing.

DSCF2222.jpg
Looking forward to my Aure as well. Long wait....

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #74,794 of 104,191
Simgot Ea500 is here. I'll share my first impressions quickly. I have mixed opinions about them.

First of all, the boxing, presentation suits my taste perfectly:

20230322_145646.jpg

20230322_145753.jpg

'Don't try to add more years to your life. Better add more life to your years.'

This is how the presentation should be for me. Not the waifu stuff, girls or characters welcoming me. I prefer the philosophy.

I also like the motto of the company:

20230322_161610.jpg

Salute indeed!

When I see that inner box which is quite big to fit eartips, I thought maybe they included more eartips than the ones who reviewed previously?

20230322_145827.jpg

And nope, disappointing to find only one type of eartips inside.

Wide bore tips and I honestly like them. However, it'd better to one more size between M and L one. Because having a good fit is problematic.

There are additional rings included in case you tear the ones apart on the filter nozzles. I think there's also a reason behind this. Because they're softer comparing to the ones I have from Lz A7. Also the tips are not easily being removed, a slight force needs to be applied which I believe will lead to have that issues with the rings later.

20230322_150552.jpg

The box is nice, slightly thick which I'd also prefer. I don't like the ones that you could barely fit anything and have to think about rolling your cable firmly before you fit them in.

When it comes to IEMs, they have a solid built and heavy. They're very shiny and fingerprint magnet.

20230322_150606.jpg

The cable is good. I like L jack and I might keep using them with original cable.

When it comes to the filters. Let's have a close look at the inside:

PSX_20230322_153050.jpg

The one with the red ring have only the classic filter on one end, not like the ones from lz which have kn both ends:

PSX_20230322_152812.jpg

The one with the black ring has that sponge inside additionally that I'm used to see in Sony's IEMs:

PSX_20230322_152926.jpg

I'd like to mention that I like each IEMs in their way but I can no way tolerate bright, shouty IEMs and I find Ea500 slightly harsh. I'm slightly sick recently and I can think that having a headache is part of it. However, after having a half an hour session, I have more headache. This is with black filter and I'll try to use black one as I find Harman tuning to be too safe and boring. I'll give more time and come back with more analysis about the sound.

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #74,795 of 104,191
I've decided that for this week, and while I await delivery of my Aur Audio Aure, I'm going to stick to listening to one rig and one IEM. Haven't done that in ages, and so it's going to be my ever versatile Fearless Audio Shangri-la's with 2.5mm balanced cable along with my A306/Fiio Q3 combo. For those of you wanting top sounding gear at a great price range, this set up would be something to look into. Especially if you're into a wide range of musical genres.

Attachments

• IMG_1963.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1963.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 0
Mar 22, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #74,796 of 104,191

yes, wonderful.
Legend. One of my most consistent players. Well, the whole Marley catalog gets major plays, but this one was my introduction to the Rasta Magician.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #74,797 of 104,191
Legend. One of my most consistent players. Well, the whole Marley catalog gets major plays, but this one was my introduction to the Rasta Magician.

Yes, it's a great album.
And listened to with the Vulkan is even more magnificent.

We are here to talk about our toys, to make tests and comparisons.
But in the end what are we looking for?
To get more and more emotions from what we hear.

Mar 22, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #74,798 of 104,191
Simgot Ea500 is here. I'll share my first impressions quickly. I have mixed opinions about them.

First of all, the boxing, presentation suits my taste perfectly:

'Don't try to add more years to your life. Better add more life to your years.'

This is how the presentation should be for me. Not the waifu stuff, girls or characters welcoming me. I prefer the philosophy.

I also like the motto of the company:

Salute indeed!

When I see that inner box which is quite big to fit eartips, I thought maybe they included more eartips than the ones who reviewed previously?

And nope, disappointing to find only one type of eartips inside.

Wide bore tips and I honestly like them. However, it'd better to one more size between M and L one. Because having a good fit is problematic.

There are additional rings included in case you tear the ones apart on the filter nozzles. I think there's also a reason behind this. Because they're softer comparing to the ones I have from Lz A7. Also the tips are not easily being removed, a slight force needs to be applied which I believe will lead to have that issues with the rings later.

The box is nice, slightly thick which I'd also prefer. I don't like the ones that you could barely fit anything and have to think about rolling your cable firmly before you fit them in.

When it comes to IEMs, they have a solid built and heavy. They're very shiny and fingerprint magnet.

The cable is good. I like L jack and I might keep using them with original cable.

When it comes to the filters. Let's have a close look at the inside:

The one with the red ring have only the classic filter on one end, not like the ones from lz which have kn both ends:

The one with the black ring has that sponge inside additionally that I'm used to see in Sony's IEMs:

I'd like to mention that I like each IEMs in their way but I can no way tolerate bright, shouty IEMs and I find Ea500 slightly harsh. I'm slightly sick recently and I can think that having a headache is part of it. However, after having a half an hour session, I have more headache. This is with black filter and I'll try to use black one as I find Harman tuning to be too safe and boring. I'll give more time and come back with more analysis about the sound.
It's getting better now. Much better after leaving them aside like 2 hours playing.

I'm sick that's for sure negatively intervened during my first observation.

Bass is there. It's the logic of quality not the quantity. Quite dry imho. Bassheads definitely stay away.

Mids are nice. Lush, neither recessed nor forward right in their place. There's no deep around 1khz and 10db pinna gain that adds more texture to the female vocals. Not that poisonous though.

Treble slightly harsh. I like the deep from 6/7khz to 10khz, taking away the sibilance. But that peek around 11khz is too much. It adds more texture for sure but I don't like it.

There's air. If smb says there's no air in these then Idk what to say really.

Soundstage is normal. Width, depth is good. Height meh. I should give more time to it.

Despite the treble part I like the cohesion about these.

For 100$, I'll be honest Idk if that's really bang for the buck. But for 60/70$ definitely. Definitely better than boring Aria. V shaped Sg-03(by giving up from the meaty bass ofc). Especially with effective tuning options much better.

I'd say I'm getting some Heart Mirror vibes with these with slightly more bass with black filters.

Mar 22, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #74,802 of 104,191
I just bought the R6 III and has Loved it much more than anticipated, the new pro model looks dope. It's a higher end DAP, I will try to stay happy for now and ignore it 😅 💪

Screenshot_20230322-082040.png

Very interesting! I’ve only had my R6 2020 for about a year so I’m not ready to upgrade yet but this might be the direction to go.

Mar 22, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #74,803 of 104,191
That makes a lot of sense. A lot of interesting iems are coming out in 2023! I particularly look forward to blessing 2, (possible) truthear flagship, tangzu tribrid, and the sound rhyme DTE500.
Right now I’m most curious about QDC Folk although price went up $80 from initial $365, which dampens my interest proportionately. Mostly an acoustic music listener so could be really sweet. QDC no slouch either. Nice that its cable has interchangeable plugs too.

Mar 22, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #74,804 of 104,191
00455386-CED4-43E9-AB74-B211866695DA.jpeg

DDE6A9BB-E427-49F7-8190-A5EF99596A12.jpeg

E7806F5F-8F64-4AF4-809A-ACB9B63BA601.jpeg

to be updated…
▶︎Personal Purchase from Angeldac AE Store

Shimin Li Encounter Edition: Shell
F69619CD-CDEC-4D8C-81DE-4BDEC14C1F13.jpeg

350BCC35-460C-4323-BD3A-7E3A17BA7080.jpeg

Accessory box: hmm fancy
43372C33-09B8-4896-8745-89947A0A3C48.jpeg

Carrying pouch: Tangzu, finally a pouch, same one with Truthears/Moondrop Droplet’s.
F970DFCD-7720-4E5A-B430-19D5C642CB3C.jpeg

Angeldac raffles: “Better Luck Next Time”😩
▶︎OOTB impression with all stock sets:
-This IEM definitely needs a burn-in
-Tonal balance is slightly upper mid hot, maybe stock ear tips tames treble too much, it appears dark to my impression right out of the box
-bass is pretty decent, not overly done

I will do a quick 60min burn-in, and change ear tips, or maybe even stock cable, it sounds weird.

▶︎2 X 60min online burn-in session completed, swapped ear tip to H570, cable to PWA Copper 28 V2
-at least much better than initial out of box impression, still feels lacking air and resolutions but in the other words Encounter’s treble is inoffensive and non-fatiguing, at least at current stage.

▶︎This tuning reminds me of Floaudio Lily’s amped tuning, inoffensive, soft, feather touching timbre.

▶︎Yume OG‘s note weight is pretty close to Encounter, a little warmer vocal focused with relaxed treble.

When I do OOTB impressions I generally do not look for any FR, since it may put a bias. So here we go;
0EBA57E5-1CC9-444D-AEDB-25F88159422E.png

No wonder Encounter sounds weird, the huge 6khz sibilance dip is larger than other IEMs with similar single DD, it’s made to sound “soft -edged”.

The benefit of this 6khz 10khz dip will result a universal image focus alternation, with a cost of losing bits of resolving capabilities, they can get some of resolutions back if rest of the range remained sound, but Encounter only has very small upper register emphasis.

I guess this is a divisive tuning trick, one will welcome the “gentle and feather light touch” but other may find that lack of definition and air. The Diffusion border articulation is very blurry and that may be a fatal point for someone looking clear and crisp sound, for that EA500 would do better job, with a cost of somehow more energy flows into your ear canal.

I personally would find this tuning OK, if ONLY Encounter has 10khz air presentation capability which is lacking at this moment, I will try burn-in longer and see if anything changes, if not, Encounter will be a one trick pony for “gentle and inoffensive“ category. [5 hours of burn-in: Air starts to appear! ]

At this moment, Encounter sounds very welcoming on instrumen like Kalimba😄

I will update Timbre impression upon full burn-in then. I feel it is inappropriate to leave OOTB as-is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back