The discovery thread!
Sep 2, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #64,771 of 103,942
Tripowin Olina used to be my favorite set of IEMs until I got the Topaz. Topaz suits better to my personal taste with a better body throughout the frequency band. Olina even with its forwarded upper mids were acceptable to me, but after listening to the Topaz, Now I feel Olina hollow. I mean, the stage feels wide but I just can't connect, it feels empty to me. While on the other hand, Topaz produces good immersion for me. Looks like Topaz will be my gym partner now hehe.

Olina Topaz post.jpg
I was also thinking about buying Topaz but from reviews and graphs Topaz looks like a dark sounding IEM, treble region is very much down (don't know a technical word). Do you have T3 Plus to compare with Topaz?

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #64,772 of 103,942
The BQEYZ Topaz is an accomplished IEM, out of the three BQEYZs that I have, it’s the best one and a nice purchase if you fully blend with what’s going on. I have the Topaz, the Spring 2 and the BQ3. BQEYZ has made an accomplishment by adding a single unit that’s both a dynamic driver and a piezoelectric driver. I hear the Topaz as warm and somewhat lush but report a slight grain in the mids. The treble is fully extended but suffers from (slight) unnatural timbre. Meaning there is fantastic separation and ability, it’s just slightly off, but still fun and enjoyable. Most will agree that it’s the best thing they have ever put out....and I agree. The bass is not quite as strong as some in the price range, but that’s not what it’s going for. It aims at being warm, complete and to offer a dynamic soundstage, which it does. For the money it’s great, you just have to understand the slight grain in the mids, as well as the amazing upper treble extension being just slightly not accurate. I have just spent a few days listening to the Topaz in comparisons. The Piezoelectric driver has a character different than most drivers, which shoots-out a style of super high treble also positioned way out into the stage! Nice pace too!

It’s only slightly dark, but definitely has upper detail and imaging! Sorry nothing like it, that I’m familiar with. It’s way different than the Spring 2 ideas, it’s like they have perfected what they were going for with the Spring 2, made it cost less and did 100% better with the bass. Fit and form-factor are super comfortable!

Cheers!
I was also thinking about buying Topaz but from reviews and graphs Topaz looks like a dark sounding IEM, treble region is very much down (don't know a technical word). Do you have T3 Plus to compare with Topaz?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #64,773 of 103,942
I won't call it dark bro. It has got good details and resolution for the price too. I agree with @Redcarmoose 's post above. Topaz is the best from BQEYZ so far!! Sorry, I don't have the T3 Plus with me as of now.

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #64,774 of 103,942
I won't call it dark bro. It has got good details and resolution for the price too. I agree with @Redcarmoose 's post above. Topaz is the best from BQEYZ so far!! Sorry, I don't have the T3 Plus with me as of now.
I agree highly musical and fun for the price, nothing not to like, highly entertaining. I read the reviews which followed mine and some used the word smooth, and it is smooth but just slightly grainy in the mids at the same time? This may be due to the Piezoelectric, but the incredible attributes the Piezoelectric brings make up for any slight grain. It does it all!

Sep 2, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #64,775 of 103,942
I agree highly musical and fun for the price, nothing not to like, highly entertaining. I read the reviews which followed mine and some used the word smooth, and it is smooth but just slightly grainy in the mids at the same time? This may be due to the Piezoelectric, but the incredible attributes the Piezoelectric brings make up for any slight grain. It does it all!
Thank you guys for quick replies,

I sold my T3 Plus recently because of discomfort otherwise I really liked the sound of T3 Plus but before T3 Plus I only had KZs (ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro, ZSX & DQ6) and T3 Plus was much much better than all KZs. But I don't know how other IEMs (brands) tuning and how they sound. I have money for only one IEM that's why I'm asking reviewers. I have Fiio M3K and I believe it's a little bit bright but T3 Plus sound was very soft and mellow which I loved.

Sep 2, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #64,776 of 103,942
The BQEYZ Topaz is an accomplished IEM, out of the three BQEYZs that I have, it’s the best one and a nice purchase if you fully blend with what’s going on. I have the Topaz, the Spring 2 and the BQ3. BQEYZ has made an accomplishment by adding a single unit that’s both a dynamic driver and a piezoelectric driver. I hear the Topaz as warm and somewhat lush but report a slight grain in the mids. The treble is fully extended but suffers from (slight) unnatural timbre. Meaning there is fantastic separation and ability, it’s just slightly off, but still fun and enjoyable. Most will agree that it’s the best thing they have ever put out....and I agree. The bass is not quite as strong as some in the price range, but that’s not what it’s going for. It aims at being warm, complete and to offer a dynamic soundstage, which it does. For the money it’s great, you just have to understand the slight grain in the mids, as well as the amazing upper treble extension being just slightly not accurate. I have just spent a few days listening to the Topaz in comparisons. The Piezoelectric driver has a character different than most drivers, which shoots-out a style of super high treble also positioned way out into the stage! Nice pace too!

It’s only slightly dark, but definitely has upper detail and imaging! Sorry nothing like it, that I’m familiar with. It’s way different than the Spring 2 ideas, it’s like they have perfected what they were going for with the Spring 2, made it cost less and did 100% better with the bass. Fit and form-factor are super comfortable!

Cheers!
Actually the coaxial DD/Piezo is not new. The Elecom CB1000 has such a unit, they call it the PDD (Piezo-Dynamic driver.

Sep 2, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #64,777 of 103,942
Ya this is where a random graph is not how I hear it. No way does the Meow have that much upper mid gain. No possible way. They are not shouty at all in fact I find them reserved in the upper mid presence. It does have a treble roll off but that much pinna gain and it would have sounded bright and shouty. No shoutiness at all from my set. I am hearing a warmish tonlaity as well. Which again is not indusive of having that much pinna gain.

They sound terrible out of the box by the way so I dont know if thats what @freelancr was hearing but they need way more than 24 hours of burn in. They need a weeks worth at least. The included cable does absolutely nothing for the sound. They do need a bit of power to show what they can do. Out of the box they sound compressed and female vocals was nasal. Terrible out of the box for me. They get much better after a serious beat down though.

Meow isn't gonna win any awards at the price range but they are certainly worth the $55 price tag they are sold for.

I am wondering if there are some variations in the sound tuning on them. Lol. Which wouldnt surprise me at that price range.
What if the lower range driver wasn't working? Maybe they have an ex-KZ employee off the old DQ6s assembly line?

Sep 2, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #64,778 of 103,942
If my set of Meow was anything like how the NM2+ was tuned. it would take on a much brighter tonality. My set is more warm than bright. Odd indeed.
1662158005666.png

Sep 2, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #64,779 of 103,942
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #64,780 of 103,942
Sep 2, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #64,781 of 103,942
BGVP has officially entered the planar wars.

BGVP.jpg

Seems like it will be a 1 Planar + 1 DD + 8 BA

https://www.facebook.com/groups/517665269706033/posts/631459768326582/
https://www.facebook.com/BGVPaudio/...8F6msgVbbPhrn7o6iCooiqsjEo3suJ6EfdK5CzLe5dRal

BGVP has been pretty hit or miss in recent times (they also had a fake beryllium driver scandal), but wow, squeezing so many drivers inside that shell!

Interesting driver lineup. I’ll be curious to hear what people think about this one.

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #64,782 of 103,942
Sep 2, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #64,783 of 103,942
Sep 2, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #64,784 of 103,942

BGVP.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/BGVPaudio/...8F6msgVbbPhrn7o6iCooiqsjEo3suJ6EfdK5CzLe5dRal

BGVP has been pretty hit or miss in recent times (they also had a fake beryllium driver scandal), but wow, squeezing so many drivers inside that shell!

Both the KZ AS16 Pro and the CCA PLA13 were decent purchases. So now we get someone trying to cram both of them into one shell. Is that why they couldn't fit a faceplate onto the damned thing? :ksc75smile:

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #64,785 of 103,942

BGVP.jpg

Sometimes less is more... I have to admit. That looks like a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back