The discovery thread!
May 18, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #56,626 of 103,456
I’m still very pleased with the BA10, ZAX, and DQ6. I wish KZ would take their successful models, and fine tune/update them well. Newer, smoother sounding BAs for the BA10, and a faster, more detailed DD for the ZAX. I’m not sure what specifically to improve upon on the DQ6, other than better drivers in general, for better technicalities?

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #56,627 of 103,456
May 18, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #56,628 of 103,456
I’m still very pleased with the BA10, ZAX, and DQ6. I with KZ would take their successful models, and fine tune/update them well. Newer, smoother sounding BAs for the BA10, and a faster, more detailed DD for the ZAX. I’m not sure what specifically to improve upon on the DQ6, other than better drivers in general, for better technicalities?
I don't have any complaints about the DQ6 technicalities at the price it is. But if the upgrade is going to be more expensive, then better technicalities is always a welcome upgrade. What I think they should work on, is to remove the treble peaks.

May 18, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #56,629 of 103,456
Just put kbear 8 core graphene enhanced cable on em. Very fluid now tone improved bass better controlled. Very coherent! DS strikes again!
DSC08116.JPG

And I didn't even tell you about the graphene on the SG-03. We are on the same psychic wave Dr. Blue.

May 18, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #56,630 of 103,456
Just put kbear 8 core graphene enhanced cable on em. Very fluid now tone improved bass better controlled. Very coherent! DS strikes again!

DSC08116.JPG

And I didn't even tell you about the graphene on the SG-03. We are on the same psychic wave Dr. Blue.
I really do like the looks and feel of this cable. I also have the KBEAR 8 core version. I’m currently using it with my Clair.

May 18, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #56,631 of 103,456
@PhonoPhi, waiting on your reply. 😂😂
Are there any measurements to prove anything beyond subjective opinions?

Different people hear different things, especially while reviewing stuff, it is their business...

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #56,632 of 103,456
Are there any measurements to prove anything beyond subjective opinions?

Different people hear different things, especially while reviewing stuff, it is their business...
Nope.

Just messing with ya. I know the whole “graphene” cable thing is one of your pet peeves.

May 18, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #56,633 of 103,456
Nope.

Just messing with ya. I know the whole “graphene” cable thing is one of your pet peeves.
Me too :)

The peeve of mine used to be the people "hearing cables", especially those "free samples", for a totally unbiased opinion. Then I gave up - caveat emperor :)

Some irony is that I will get my "graphene" cable soon, I ordered a custom L-to-straight balanced interconnector and gave the freedom of choice to the cable manufacturer.
So now, when combined with my mighty blue cables, I will hardly even need IEMs - just the jaw-dropping sound of cables alone, and I am sure that I will be able to express my subjective opinion so overpowerfully that the "resistance" will be so totally futile, boo-ha-ha :) :)

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #56,634 of 103,456
Me too :)

The peeve of mine used to be the people "hearing cables", especially those "free samples", for a totally unbiased opinion. Then I gave up - caveat emperor :)

Some irony is that I will get my "graphene" cable soon, I ordered a custom L-to-straight balanced interconnector and gave the freedom of choice to the cable manufacturer.
So now, when combined with my mighty blue cables, I will hardly even need IEMs - just the jaw-dropping sound of cables alone, and I am sure that I will be able to express my subjective opinion so overpowerfully that the "resistance" will be so totally futile, boo-ha-ha :) :)
I also think blue cables sound best, so very airy, but the graphite color of the “graphene“ cables are a close second. They provide a nice grit to the music.

Again, kidding aside, it seems to be a very high quality cable, so I like it.

Very tempted by the SG-03, but I already have way too many IEMs. I need to thin the herd.

May 18, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #56,635 of 103,456
8 hours of listening into Yume, I glimpsed a hint of LCP driver like touch, switched to Azla Xelastec, boom! Finally some sense of bass.

decided to remove acoustic filter.
Tools used:
1A3494BA-4C12-4063-860D-4973A6FA082A.jpeg
Removed filter: still reattachable
F37EA57E-F78F-4153-A386-76F8A0C8908B.jpeg
Removed filter nozzlr, oh hey now it looks like Blessing2 👍
CCA86A35-7C7C-453C-A4D7-94D29730B607.jpeg

Output: ah that’s my boy! Finally. More coherent bass, good pinna gain hits, better resolution and imaging, better air presentation, I may add some less density filter like those came with blessing2 instead.

This is my 4th time removing this kind of “super congested” high density filter from IEMs, these type of filter do one thing “boost quantity of sub bass in exchange of great sacrifice of sound purity, coherence, dynamic range presentation”. Now I’m fully aware this kind of acoustic filter is my immediate subject to remove.

Bofore: tonality A+, technicalities C
After: tonality S, technicalities B

Sound Signature alternation:
Before:Harman tuning with clumsy sub-bass boost
After: basically bright-neutral with some sense of sub-bass, reminiscent to Thieaudio Monarch with slightly leveled sub-bass.

It’s eargasm-able! Recommended with AZLA xelastec(any LCP type fits well with this tip). Low gain mode on DAP recommended after removing the filter, better technicalities guaranteed with low gain.
might doin the same with my unit just for fun, looks like good upgrade since there is no peak in stock and probably won't result any peak either after taking off the filter

hmmm interesting, now waiting my yume come back (friend borrow it xD)

May 19, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #56,636 of 103,456
Any budget and sound preference?
I prefer a more bass-driven sound signature and one of the reasons why I liked the LZ-A4s was I was that I could customize it and change it around every now and again.
Budget probably $200-$250 mark.

I have a few iems and headphones in the higher end of the spectrum already ($1,000-$3,000), so I'm after a more casual pair where I can use whilst on the train and just something a bit different, as I've owned these for about 4ish years now.

May 19, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #56,637 of 103,456
Contrary to my initial claims, the iBasso IT01X is not bright-neutral and nor have I never heard of the signature before.

I have. Or some form of it. And it starts with the letter V.

I don't know if this is burn-in or brain burn-in or some pseudoscience voodoo audiophile sonic magic but the bass of the IT01X is now more impactful than initial listen.

And so I wanted to determine why I really got weirded out by the signature. So different and yet similar. And then I stumbled upon this...

Screenshot_2021-05-19-21-40-54-85.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-19-21-43-27-28.jpg

Graphs aren't everything but as no one has ever graphed the IT01X yet, this does give me an idea. They're not the same, but do share similarities. Also, that IT01X treble isn't stretched (with sweep; peaks and dips are about right). Bass also and goes deep (that bass drop on DNA 😍).

I am still using the same eartips and cable. It is still intense/lively sounding. It isn't V, V (if you get what I mean) because midrange doesn't sound recessed. And so, it is a mild-V.

*Does someone know of a way to transport the IT01X graph based on the pic?

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #56,638 of 103,456
I prefer a more bass-driven sound signature and one of the reasons why I liked the LZ-A4s was I was that I could customize it and change it around every now and again.
Budget probably $200-$250 mark.

I have a few iems and headphones in the higher end of the spectrum already ($1,000-$3,000), so I'm after a more casual pair where I can use whilst on the train and just something a bit different, as I've owned these for about 4ish years now.

LZ A7?

May 19, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #56,639 of 103,456
Contrary to my initial claims, the iBasso IT01X is not bright-neutral and nor have I never heard of the signature before.

I have. Or some form of it. And it starts with the letter V.

I don't know if this is burn-in or brain burn-in or some pseudoscience voodoo audiophile sonic magic but the bass of the IT01X is now more impactful than initial listen.

And so I wanted to determine why I really got weirded out by the signature. So different and yet similar. And then I stumbled upon this...

Screenshot_2021-05-19-21-40-54-85.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-19-21-43-27-28.jpg
Graphs aren't everything but as no one has ever graphed the IT01X yet, this does give me an idea. They're not the same, but do share similarities. Also, that IT01X treble isn't stretched (with sweep; peaks and dips are about right). Bass also and goes deep (that bass drop on DNA 😍).

I am still using the same eartips and cable. It is still intense/lively sounding. It isn't V, V (if you get what I mean) because midrange doesn't sound recessed. And so, it is a mild-V.

*Does someone know of a way to transport the IT01X graph based on the pic?

The graph in the booklet seem to indicate this just another variation of the IT00/01 series. Look-up graphs of these and you will see more similarity than with the z1r.

I should get my IT01X tomorrow so you can expect a measurement before the end of the week (if indeed it arrives).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back