The discovery thread!
Jan 3, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #53,689 of 103,555
I love the MT300's sound so much
that I wanna buy another pair lol.

Jan 3, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #53,691 of 103,555
@Gee Simpson . i found my old apple dongle and listened to the MT300 straight from my phone, and man oh man, they definitely don't need an amp. Very good staging and the imaging is just as strong, the bass is very very good, hitting hard and punchy while listening to Marley. I wish i could find my upgrade dongle, but that's currently M.I.A., so the original will have to do. The highs aren't quite as extended, but the detail retrieval is definitely there, the mids are just as present, and the because the highs are a little more withdrawn, there a bit more warmth than out of my R5, X3, or A45.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #53,692 of 103,555
Yeah for marketing purposes, driver count and material is an easier, sexier sell. Im just thinking of the old bose wave radio that sounded larger than it was due to the acoustic tunnels the sound travelled through. Wondering if some more of that can be explored. The Final E5000 has an interesting chamber design that does make it sound pretty darn large.
Smabat have their Maze system which is like a transmission line speaker. It's in their earbuds and the NCO IEM.

Jan 3, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #53,693 of 103,555
@Gee Simpson . i found my old apple dongle and listened to the MT300 straight from my phone, and man oh man, they definitely don't need an amp. Very good staging and the imaging is just as strong, the bass is very very good, hitting hard and punchy while listening to Marley. I wish i could find my upgrade dongle, but that's currently M.I.A., so the original will have to do. The highs aren't quite as extended, but the detail retrieval is definitely there, the mids are just as present, and the because the highs are a little more withdrawn, there a bit more warmth than out of my R5, X3, or A45.

Nice! 🙂 Looking forward to receiving mine and also the spiral dot tips that should improve my other IEM's too.

Jan 3, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #53,694 of 103,555
MissAudio has been around for a couple years, and good ratings, so at this price, i'd act quickly.
Yup, I agree to the Miss Audio store. They are legit. Bought my first set of KZ ZS10 PRO from them, and another set of the same a few months later, to give away as a Christmas gift. Also bought a couple of earphone cases from them to. Only bummer about dealing with them currently, is that they don't offer free Aliexpress shipping with tracking to me here in Canada anymore. Other sellers offer this, so imo Miss Audio store is sliding down my list of preferred sellers.

Jan 3, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #53,695 of 103,555
In my case the first week was pretty uncomfy, but their eartip softens up quite fast after 1-2 weeks and the biggest flange silicone kinda molded to my ear's shape, so nowadays it's rather comfy to me.

I guess your culprit was the 3-flange design, people with shorter canals have a bad time with them. Although, the 2-flange design should be way less 'violator'. At least people struggling to fit a blon will love it outright. :D
Ohhhh ya! I love me a nice long nozzle like that! 😜

Jan 3, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #53,696 of 103,555
My first impression of Moondrop SSP are just fine. Typical V shape IEMs with upper midrange emphasis, that provide balanced sound signature and fatiguing free listening. Personally I think the SSP is kinda lost between musical and technical. Because for its price range there are few fun sets that stand out, and SSP are not particularly good at technical performance, same as its timbre. Well, is still the good set of you looking for balance V shape IEMs with Harman- ish upper midrange. For me, just not thing really stand out. I will update more thoughts when I A/B to other sets for its price range.
E68D4CF4-EEE9-4DAD-9177-7B322C37059D.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #53,697 of 103,555
My first impression of Kbear Lark are pretty good. The tonality are excellent and it is hard to find this kind of mature tonality for its price range. The Lark are clean sounding IEM, that has neutral-bright tonality with good amount of warm and fullness so it doesn’t sound overly lean or boring. The details retrieval and clarity are great, soundstage are open and wider than deeper. The only problems of Lark is the upper midrange to treble’s timbre, I don’t know why there are no one mentioned this, but it has really obvious BA-ish timbre for upper midrange to treble. I don’t know if it is single cases or faulty units, anyway, I will confirmed it with Kbear.
1A85B9F6-C86F-4F7D-ABA5-817CB8176649.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #53,698 of 103,555
My first impression of Kbear Lark are pretty good. The tonality are excellent and it is hard to find this kind of mature tonality for its price range. The Lark are clean sounding IEM, that provide neutral-bright tonality with good amount of warm and fullness so it doesn’t sound overly lean or boring. The details retrieval and clarity are great, soundstage are open and wider than deeper. The only problems of Lark is the upper midrange to treble’s timbre, I don’t know why there are no one mentioned this, but there is really obvious BA-ish timbre. I don’t know if it is single cases or faulty units, anyway, I will confirmed it with Kbear.1A85B9F6-C86F-4F7D-ABA5-817CB8176649.jpeg

Hi friend, different strokes for different folks, it may because listening sense varies. :joy: :joy: :joy:

Jan 4, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #53,699 of 103,555
Hi friend, different strokes for different folks, it may because listening sense varies. :joy: :joy: :joy:
Probably I don’t have much experiences with the IEMs for this price range, and I give the high expectation to it, Anyway, great set for its price range, totally impressed by its tonality.

Jan 4, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #53,700 of 103,555
I agree with you. It's to make decisions. Like with the MT300, a couple reviewers said it had conherency issues. Mine has not had that issue, and has passed the coherency tests (The Who - Eminence Front, Dino - I Like It, Absu - A Shield With A Face) with flying colors. They also said it was on the bright side. Nope. It's very balanced, with extended and natural highs. Not bright or treble leaning. The bass is very articulate and authoritative. Had I listened to those reviews, i wouldn't have gotten such an awesome earphone, But the MT100 got enough positive reviews that I took a shot at the MT300 and WINNER WINNER chicken dinner!
Are you still enthusiastic two weeks later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back