The discovery thread!
Jan 11, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #33,001 of 103,546
Hmm, they're in the same price ballpark as the Focal Elears, which many have gone gaga over, would be interesting to compare (if anyone can, of course).

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #33,002 of 103,546
Hmm, they're in the same price ballpark as the Focal Elears, which many have gone gaga over, would be interesting to compare (if anyone can, of course).

Actually my friend you can find a new one for about $750 (the T1 2gen). Amazon drops the price option. Outstanding value if you can get it for that price. Quite a few who have heard both say it competes with the HD-800s (except the T1 has bass and less harsh highs). 

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #33,003 of 103,546
Still sorta the same ball park (less than TOTL, more than most sane humans will spend), but $250 ain't chicken feed, either. Have to hear these one of these days, maybe one of the NY area meets (Philly area meet, then CamJam) will have one for me to check out, thanks!

Actually do have a review sample of the Elear, if I still have it, maybe I'll bring it (and the HEK) to one or both of the meets.

Actually my friend you can find a new one for about $750 (the T1 2gen). Amazon drops the price option. Outstanding value if you can get it for that price. Quite a few who have heard both say it competes with the HD-800s (except the T1 has bass and less harsh highs). 

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #33,004 of 103,546
Still sorta the same ball park (less than TOTL, more than most sane humans will spend), but $250 ain't chicken feed, either. Have to hear these one of these days, maybe one of the NY area meets (Philly area meet, then CamJam) will have one for me to check out, thanks!

Actually do have a review sample of the Elear, if I still have it, maybe I'll bring it (and the HEK) to one or both of the meets.

Please let us know when you post your review of them, I'm very interested in reading your thoughts about them....

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #33,005 of 103,546
Sure thing, have them on kazillion hour burn in
will use MicroZOTL2 and Liquid Carbon (leaning toward the latter in initial listening)
more to come

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #33,007 of 103,546
100 times more than a bazillion, silly :)

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #33,008 of 103,546
My take on the bit Opus #1 DAP:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-opus-opus-1/reviews/17797

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #33,011 of 103,546
Haven't tried the B150 yet but I have a review sample of the B100. It has grown on me for certain.  I was shocked at how bad it sounded on first listen however..  Seems to be a better deal to get a B100 instead based on your review.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #33,013 of 103,546
Ya my review unit was very weird sounding on open box. I kid you not I have notes about how terrible the sound was. It literally sounded like the sound was compressed flat with a very small stage. I have never heard anything like it.  A week later after leaving it to play music the entire week and it sounded like a completely different earphone all together.  The change was night and day.

Tips seems to make a big difference in sound for them as well.  As they are now I do think they have a nice SQ to them. Brainwavz did an excellent job on em. Will have to write my review of them soon.

Jan 17, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #33,015 of 103,546
It's good to know I'm not the only one having issues with the PM4. My right side connector falls out very easily.

As far as sound goes though: wow. I can't believe what I am hearing from these. The price I got these for is ridiculous. They can hang with my FX850 and aren't even close in price. If only it didn't have issues with the connector. I will definitely be trading up for the Master.

I'm really surprised to hear that some members are disappointed with the sound. That must have something do with quality control because what I am hearing is unreal at this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back