The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #31,531 of 104,239
Eric, thank you for the impression. Do you have by any chance a link for Oriveti and M4U4 sound graphs?

Sorry, but I do not. I would check with twister6 regarding the Oriveti. And maybe the M4U4 thread for that earphone.

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #31,533 of 104,239
Jan 16, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #31,535 of 104,239
Damn, trying to avoid buying more gear...Eric, you're killing me, lol!

My apologies doctorjazz. After the receiving the U-12 I swore I was through with earphones, but that desire to hear the next keeps me (us) going. The U-12 is my endgame, but I still have strong desire for other signatures. Plus, I found deals on both earphones that wouldn't allow me to pass them up. I do like the Oriveti a whole heck of a lot, but the M4U4 has me impressed! It's really great with jazz.

Hmmm, have to hear the M4U4, their on ear headphones have gotten really great reviews, I'm sure these are keepers as well (a deal I can't refuse would push me over the edge, I'm sure. :) )
Great to see you on these pages again, Eric, hope you're doing OK!

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #31,536 of 104,239

We're audio family at this point drbluenewmexico. Thank you for your words.... I'm trying to get back into the swing things. Coming out dealing with the loss of two very close family members. God's gift of music and the equipment to hear it through are greatly aiding me in the healing process. 

Thank you Eric, yes we are an audio family, hopefully more tuned in than the Simpsons!  Sorry to hear of your personal family losses, and i know from personal experience also
that music and pushing the boundaries of excellence in head gear gives one consolation and a will to go one and celebrate life!!!  Its not about collecting "stuff" but about the
shamanic experience of hearing deeper into sound and the profound beauties of the sacred geometry and universal harmonic orders that great gear helps us experience directly!
i recommend Renee Lebeau's amazing album METATRONS HEART, available on Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008O9O3IO?ie=UTF8&keywords=metatrons%20heart&qid=1452995676&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1  as a "pure experience" of Tibetan Bowls and gongs/crystal bowls, symphonizing into spectacular
fractal and sacred geometric orders of sound and (synthesia with great gear) lights and textures!!!!   i have had the pleasure of hearing Renee's concerts live (she lives near me in
Santa Fe, New Mexico, and her music is revelatory on good phones and dac/amp systems.  but whatever you listen to, being absorbed into the music relieves us of the suffering
and pain of delayed immortality and compassion for all who pass on before their time.  and extends to th

e other direction of ecstatic emotions, dance, and musical JOY.
thanks for your continued explorations in the Musical Universe through new gear.  although you have TOTL equipment, it is wonderful that you continue to explore new sound signatures,
configurations, and sonic possibilities!  the holy grail of sound is ALWAYS just around the corner..........

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #31,537 of 104,239

Thank you Eric, yes we are an audio family, hopefully more tuned in than the Simpsons!  Sorry to hear of your personal family losses, and i know from personal experience also
that music and pushing the boundaries of excellence in head gear gives one consolation and a will to go one and celebrate life!!!  Its not about collecting "stuff" but about the
shamanic experience of hearing deeper into sound and the profound beauties of the sacred geometry and universal harmonic orders that great gear helps us experience directly!
i recommend Renee Lebeau's amazing album METATRONS HEART, available on Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008O9O3IO?ie=UTF8&keywords=metatrons%20heart&qid=1452995676&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1  as a "pure experience" of Tibetan Bowls and gongs/crystal bowls, symphonizing into spectacular
fractal and sacred geometric orders of sound and (synthesia with great gear) lights and textures!!!!   i have had the pleasure of hearing Renee's concerts live (she lives near me in
Santa Fe, New Mexico, and her music is revelatory on good phones and dac/amp systems.  but whatever you listen to, being absorbed into the music relieves us of the suffering
and pain of delayed immortality and compassion for all who pass on before their time.  and extends to th

thanks for your continued explorations in the Musical Universe through new gear.  although you have TOTL equipment, it is wonderful that you continue to explore new sound signatures,
configurations, and sonic possibilities!  the holy grail of sound is ALWAYS just around the corner..........

Whats up with that nightmare material cat shark lol

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #31,538 of 104,239

Thank you for those wonderful words drbluenewmexico. Certainly heartfelt. I'll check out that music soon.

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #31,539 of 104,239

Whats up with that nightmare material cat shark lol

oh no, i thought it was a pretty kitty going for a swim in the sea of sound..  sorry......
or perhaps thats me before my morning coffee....
or listening to new phones before they are burned in...
or ....trump getting elected Pres...
or........
i will look for a better icon.........

Jan 18, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #31,540 of 104,239
Thank you for those wonderful words drbluenewmexico. Certainly heartfelt. I'll check out that music soon.

you're welcome ericp10! and please do, along with others, check out that amazing recording of a tibetan bowl/gong
symphony by my friend Renee Lebeau., Metatron's Heart.  i listen to it almost every day now , its a a flow of infinities
coming out of my headphones, sound fields that are astounding.
For more information on it and Renee's other recordings, see her website:
http://reneelebeau.com   I'm arranging a house concert here with her at the end of February also.
if any of you are traveling through New Mexico, give me a buzz and get directions to the concert!
live of course is.....live!!!! but the recording is not far behind....

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #31,541 of 104,239
R.I.P. Glenn Frey 

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #31,542 of 104,239
Jan 18, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #31,543 of 104,239
Another one bites the dust...
frown.gif

Jeez, what a week.

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #31,545 of 104,239
  Listening to all my Eagles albums tonight. 
Still a favorite. 

Thanks BG! I'm still going through Bowie's discography. and I am amazed by how much of his stuff I hadn't really listened to before, and by how much of it was truly incredible and inspired. I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing about Eagles/Frey music in short order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back