The discovery thread!
Mar 7, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #28,831 of 103,565
Mar 7, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #28,832 of 103,565
OK, anyone know why these are called Spiral Dots?

The picture on the box shows some kind of dotted silicone surface, but I didn't notice any sort of dots on mine. Unless they exist on the hidden inner part of the silicone olive. But then it is a strangely obtuse reference.

Same question about the Westone silicone star tips. They look more like a gently sloped cylinder. No stars, sparks, or anything close. Another seemingly arbritrary moniker!

Yeah, that picture on the box is accurate of the inside bore on the Spiral Dots. No other eartips have dots on the inside as far as I know, and the lines of them spiral diagonally down.

Mar 7, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #28,833 of 103,565
@encoreAC
 Yep, they only come out at night and at home lol!
x158XBAH3-o_lifestyle2.jpg

The trick is to be so genuinely confident or comfortable with your life that you don't give a hoot about what anybody else thinks. Or so hopeless that you don't give a s**t.

I have the XBA-H3 and don't worry at all about wearing them out. I don't mind if people stare. I actually find that people look at a bit of dorkiness with fondness, as long as you own it and are not whipped!

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #28,834 of 103,565
Listening to Hi ReZ Sweet Baby James, Pono out to DeepBlue2...Main rig still needs to be put back together after house renovations/painting, but really sweet sounding mini system.

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #28,836 of 103,565
Listening to Hi ReZ Sweet Baby James, Pono out to DeepBlue2...Main rig still needs to be put back together after house renovations/painting, but really sweet sounding mini system.

Just listened to that from harddrive>>Squeezebox>>O2>>Rain2. Sweet indeed.
Still use SqueezEbox as well, have to get main stereo up and running, nice inexpensive way to stream...

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #28,837 of 103,565
The trick is to be so genuinely confident or comfortable with your life that you don't give a hoot about what anybody else thinks. Or so hopeless that you don't give a s**t.

I have the XBA-H3 and don't worry at all about wearing them out. I don't mind if people stare. I actually find that people look at a bit of dorkiness with fondness, as long as you own it and are not whipped!

Guess I should have prefaced it with just kidding. I've worn them at work and out and about, but they do get looks, besides they are more enjoyable late at night in a quiet room.

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #28,839 of 103,565
Along with..."Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" :grin:

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #28,840 of 103,565
OK, back from taking Ozzie on his constitutional, so it's time for Dogwalk Discveries (should be thankful, only slipped and fell once :mad: )

Disclaimer...not for haters of country music, great chorus, how I felt going down on the ice...

Disclaimer...not for haters of folk music, Bob Dylan, avant gard jazz

OK, off to Sam Ash, daughter has saved up for a Gibson Les Paul, gonna go buy it now, goodbye peace and quite.....

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #28,842 of 103,565

good for you!!!

Mar 10, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #28,843 of 103,565
Ok, my usual disclaimer, haven't had time to do a good 3 way comparison between DuoZa, Titan, and Heaven V, but did take Wildcatsare1's advice and put Comply foam iems on the Titans. Have been my go to iems since, really tames them without losing the fine bass and open sound. Try to post more impressions when I can.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #28,844 of 103,565
Ok, my usual disclaimer, haven't had time to do a good 3 way comparison between DuoZa, Titan, and Heaven V, but did take Wildcatsare1's advice and put Comply foam iems on the Titans. Have been my go to iems since, really tames them without losing the fine bass and open sound. Try to post more impressions when I can.

Titan hype!!
popcorn.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #28,845 of 103,565

Looking forward to the comparison once you have the time, doctorjazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back