The discovery thread!
Dec 9, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #26,926 of 104,392

Don't have FX850 for comparison, but have CKR9/CKR10 in a review queue; already done with a burn in and ready to start listening soon.  I only had a few minutes before and after burn in so my impression is more like a 5 second observation, and CKR9 sounds smoother at the top and less aggressive and slightly reduced in quantity at the low end in comparison to CKR10 having a more detailed bass with a higher mid-bass impact and upper mids/treble brighter with a higher level of detail retrieval and sounding more like BA rather than dynamic driver (in terms of clarity, don't mean it sounds cold digital).  CKR9 is fantastic, but doing a quick A/B comparison makes them sound a bit veiled next to CKR10.  Doesn't mean CKR9 is veiled, just a relative comparison :wink:

If you provide any kind of comparison between the A71's and the CKR9/10's, I'll be reading!

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #26,927 of 104,392

plus one    and also the Zero Audio  Bassos.,  if you like den Singles, the Bassios are absolutely worth auditioning!!!
Also the Yamaha Pro 500s are a real sleeper.  after burn in, they have a glorious bass and sound stage and open box
ones are quite reasonable. they really power up well with C5 that you already have HiFiAudiophile and make streaming
music really quite nice.  my favorite middle of the night set up, in fact out of portable devices.

I've really been interested in those Bassos. The Tenore are pretty decent when the QC is there. So the Bassos really that good to look into? I think I'll bite? 

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #26,928 of 104,392

Their DAPs or amps?  I guess you are not looking for an accurate sound representation?  I personally prefer my sources to be as clean as possible, and than select IEMs to deliver different sound sig.  It gets messy with too many variable in the equation :wink:

If you prefer basshead IEMs (and sounds like v-shape sig?), A83 was not the best choice, I agree.  But in my opinion it's not lacking the quality, but rather boosted quantity.  You probably need one of those JVC HAFX1X xtreme-xplosivs fart cannons!!!

LOL I'm not a basshead, or maybe I'm a refined basshead? I like clarity and big detail retrieval but with big bass and no bleed. hard to find those, but the Bassos and the FX800-1200 might be quality leads in that direction?

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #26,929 of 104,392
don't sell off anything doc, have a LOTTERY GIVEAWAY!!!!! MEANWHILE here
is something new to discover for your newly arriving items:

FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special Edition  by Fiio   160$ great first impressions on amazon.  even better than C5 in some reviews

optimized for items...go Filo...

Dec 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #26,930 of 104,392
  I've really been interested in those Bassos. The Tenore are pretty decent when the QC is there. So the Bassos really that good to look into? I think I'll bite? 

Personally, I like the A71's much more than the Bassos:
- a71 better cable and much better strain relief
- basso cable almost sticks straight out of the end (so the cable does not drop straight down)
- a71's can be worn over ear or down
- bass is quite a bit superior with the a71's
- mids are more recessed with the bassos (more v-shaped). Mids/vocals are very nice with a71's
- highs are more refined with the a71's

Ymmv!

LOL I'm not a basshead, or maybe I'm a refined basshead? I like clarity and big detail retrieval but with big bass and no bleed. hard to find those, but the Bassos and the FX800-1200 might be quality leads in that direction?

See above :)

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #26,931 of 104,392
Fidue A71 vs JVC FX 650?

Which would be the best purchase? I like warm, detailed, articulate bass that is full bodied, no bleed, lush foreardish mids, accurate timbre, and nice highs (so not like the Tenore).

DannyBai?

Anyone else?

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #26,932 of 104,392
The Answer is a neutral sounding IEM, well balanced across entire frequency range; not sure why you want to group it with bass enhanced headphones.  With DITA it's all about high quality rather than quantity

If you are on a budget go for CKR9, but if you can stretch it - CKR10 is out of this world!!!

That's the thing, M8. He didn't say he wanted a basshead IEM. He said he wanted one that had good quality/refined bass that can dig deep but without the recessed mids or rolled off highs that normally come with that. The Answer, being dynamic, does allow you to dig deeper than any BA would. I would say that the mid-range is every-so slightly recessed as well. (and according to the DITA thread I am not the only one.)

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #26,933 of 104,392
That's the thing, M8. He didn't say he wanted a basshead IEM. He said he wanted one that had good quality/refined bass that can dig deep but without the recessed mids or rolled off highs that normally come with that. The Answer, being dynamic, does allow you to dig deeper than any BA would. I would say that the mid-range is every-so slightly recessed as well. (and according to the DITA thread I am not the only one.)

+1 exactly!

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #26,934 of 104,392
Fidue A71 vs JVC FX 650?

Which would be the best purchase? I like warm, detailed, articulate bass that is full bodied, no bleed, lush foreardish mids, accurate timbre, and nice highs (so not like the Tenore).

DannyBai?

Anyone else?

The bass is more impact/bigger than the Tenore, but also of higher quality and tighter sounding. Very similar to the TTPOD T1-E. If you like quick articulate bass like Havi B3 or the descriptions of the Soundsoul and that isn't very powerful in the signature or GR07BE bass, then I don't think you'll like the A71 or maybe at first until you have adapted. Idk where the RE300h lies in quantity though. But if you can embrace the dual fun AND technicality, then by all means give them a try as they are good. They have lush mids and smoothish highs like the T1-E and Tenore, but just a little more prominent than the Tenore.

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #26,935 of 104,392
Finally received the MDR EX650 today! Unfortunately I ordered the mic model and received the straight stereo model so looks like I will have to return them. That aside these are an amazing sounding IEM. I am not sure if these are brighter than my Z7 or not, I will do some A/B testing and get back on that but they sound very good to my ears. I think they are bass light in comparison but bassier than I thought they would be, they lack the sub bass mostly but they have an extremely clear sound to them and they have a very good sound stage while not being harsh in the upper ranges to far.

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #26,936 of 104,392
Fidue A71 vs JVC FX 650?

DannyBai?

Anyone else?

The 650 will give you more sub bass and a71 more mid bass. Vocals are more forward on the a71 and has more treble. Slightly better layering on the a71. 650 sounds a little more realistic and full bodied. Vocals are the strength of the a71.

Finally received the MDR EX650 today! Unfortunately I ordered the mic model and received the straight stereo model so looks like I will have to return them. That aside these are an amazing sounding IEM. I am not sure if these are brighter than my Z7 or not, I will do some A/B testing and get back on that but they sound very good to my ears. I think they are bass light in comparison but bassier than I thought they would be, they lack the sub bass mostly but they have an extremely clear sound to them and they have a very good sound stage while not being harsh in the upper ranges to far.

Glad you got them, looking forward to more impressions.

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #26,937 of 104,392
Thanks. I think the A71 might be it?

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #26,938 of 104,392
Thanks. I think the A71 might be it?

Based on your opinions about previous earphones, I don't know how fond you'll be of the A71's bass presentation and treble. But they are worth a try in my opinion! Also, you can wear them cable down too... so there's that

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #26,939 of 104,392
Fidue A71 vs JVC FX 650?

DannyBai?

Anyone else?

the A71 are more live sounding and "musical", ie. entertaining and thrilling.  there is more information, detail and reference perspective in the sound
71sof the Bassos.   i think you would appreciate the Bassos more from what you said above.  although with the quite reasonable price of both of these now i would consider eventually getting both, cause they compliment each other.   happy listening!   oh, just saw you were wondering about the FX 650  i don't have those, but the 850s are definitely a reference level enjoyment phone...the A71s punch in at way more than they cost, but they don't fit the bill for what you describe above, they are more musical and fun, but not particularly accurate..still i love em.....

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #26,940 of 104,392
I've decide on BOTH the A71 and the Bassos. I can get both for the same price of the FX650, so two for one is something I can't ignore. Thank you drblue and dannybai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back