The discovery thread!
May 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #1,441 of 100,520
The bass is quite good on the FX40s.extension, quantity, balance and just enough impact for realist listening.

33 hours of pink noise, and these phones have mellowed out for sure. highs are still quite crisp but not as painful. cymbals are still a bit of a pain in the eardrum but noticeable difference after this much burn in - if anyone's wondering.
There is actually quite a sound stage as well! it's more wide and shallow. Mids are now pretty present, and in your head, but guitars and drums surround you. Definitely more pleasant, and has me questioning all the other phones on my "to buy" list. speaking of which, i'm going to the mall today to give the sony xba-3 another shot, was quite impressed last time i listened.

It's a little depressing how good the fx40s are, since i'm a little less excited by the xba-3, since i pretty much had my socks blown off when i first tried them.

May 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #1,442 of 100,520
Quote:
Ok wait, maybe I should try the FX101, they are $30 at the store, I just kind of dismissed them but maybe I shouldn't.

Ya you are lucky I just got these.. Yes. Without a doubt try out a HAFX101. These are WOW.. Hahha. Man I am shocked. seriously Shocked.

Do not overlook the way these look.. For guys that want more detail clean sound the FX40. For guys that want as close to a CKS77 with out spending the $100. Try these out.. These make the old FX1X sound cheap. Lol! Try them out.

Seriously WHAT the HECK guys. I can't believe what I am hearing with these new JVC HAFX101s. These are so damn cheap yet also sound like a high end bass earphone. There is nothing cheap about this sound. I am blown away yet again!

I had no idea just how much improvements JVC would put on their new earphones but this is just dumb..If you guys heard what I am hearing right now from both the FX40 and these FX101s. Geeze all mighty. JVC has showed me something today.. These guys are the new kings of sound for the bucks. Nothing sounds this good at these prices. 

Basically the CKM500>FX40 but similar levels of sound. LOL. And for Bass earphones. The CKS77>HAFX101. Again similar levels of sound. The CKS77 does have the bigger stage and sound level over these but damn if you guys have never heard the CKS77s. I would say get these and save the $100. Lol! Just ridiculous. I don't know if I should be pissed or happy.! hahaha!

May 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #1,444 of 100,520
Quote:
Oh look what the post man has giveth.

Lol! Geeze. Freaking JVC man. I can't believe what I am hearing. Geebus. These sound like a mini CKS77. Lol!!! Not just a little better than the old HAFX1X but WAY better..There is clarity and balance on these right out of the box. And Booming bass. Lol! These only cost me $15.99 Lol!!..What the heck. These sound better than the CKS55s which cost $70s. Damn.. You guys can hate me now. Lol!

It seems to me JVC can't do wrong with any of their new cheapos. Ya these would be the musical bassy version of the FX40s.Lol. I can't stop laughing. These are ridiculous. The bass is ridiculous on these. There is nothing lacking on the highs and mids either. Geebuz Cristo! Laugh out loud!!

These sound like a better tuned SHE3580 with bigger everything. Stage, highs mids and bass. A yea. So now you guys have a choice..You like clarity and detail with your big bass.. Try these out.. OhMeGawsh!!.. Aha I can officially say JVC has stepped up HUGE this year with both the FX40 and now these FAX101s. There is a miced version as well... For bass lovers. These come crazy close to the CKS77s. Wow how dumb. For $16 shipped.!! Lol!

In my cart at Amazon. 10.99, plus shipping. 3 left. In black.

May 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #1,445 of 100,520
Ya guys I have to admit these are blowing my socks off. I can't believe what I am hearing from these and these haven't even been burned in yet. The FX40 and the FX101 both are fantastic deals and offer so much more for the bucks.

The HAFX101. Has plenty of crisp detailed highs. Full rich mids and no recessed nothing. The clarity is not quite the FX40 but man these are close. Are you kidding me for bass earphones to have this clarity is stupid.. The bass end is almost the same level as the CKS77 I can't believe it. These are crazy. For bass lovers these are the best bassy earphones you are gonna get south of the CKS77. That is just mind blowing for what little these cost too.

These make the Vpulse and anything in the $50-$80 range sound cheap. Lol!

May 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #1,446 of 100,520
There goes another $15 bucks.
wink_face.gif

May 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #1,448 of 100,520
Ya man BG out of all the earphones you have tried. I am willing to bet these new JVC FX101s are gonna surprise the most..

Man I don't know which one I am more impressed with the FX40s or these FX101s. Both! I am impressed with both. I need a break from all this cheapo madness.

Curse you JVC. Lol!! I am gonna play some Diablo 3 for a while and start to burn these. OH for the sake of all that is awesome. That is not one but two awesome sauce JVC earphones for the cost of $30 for both? GEEEBUZ!!

May 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #1,449 of 100,520
Quote:
lol another great cheapo? I guess for EDM i should get the FX101 since they are close to CKS77? I can get them from ebay for 27$, cheapest i could find. 
How is the isolation on these?

Isolation is good above average actually. And very little microphonics.. This is gonna blow you guys minds. But You all know the big bass of the MG7s?

Aha ya save yourself the $100 from getting into those too. These are better. Lol! These have a full sound and not flat with small stage like those.. A/B against the MMDTs? Stay tuned! A $16 earphone vs a $305 MSRP one. Lol!!

May 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #1,451 of 100,520
I look forward to a, b, c ing them with my Atrio MG7 and Tributes. :)

May 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #1,454 of 100,520
29101.JPG

29103.JPG
29109.JPG
29115.JPG
29121.JPG
29127.JPG

$ 19.95 Check out online or local retailers Rating:
0_0.png

Be the first to Write a Review

1. Introduction
  2. Features
  3. Specifications
  4. Compare
  5. View Full Line

Introduction

Inner-ear headphones that reproduce powerful bass sound by Extreme Deep Bass Ports and 8.5mm neodymium driver units
  1. Extreme Deep Bass Ports and 8.5mm neodymium driver units deliver ultimate bass sound
  2. Rubber protectors for body durability
  3. Superior sound isolation
  4. Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form
  5. 3.94f4 (1.2m) cord with gold plated iPhone compatible slim plug            

This may sound crazy but. I would like someone with a FX700 to try one of these to see how close these sound to them. I am gonna guess lesser sound stage but the sound tuning on these have nothing to do with the MSRP $20 price tag. Nothing. These get the thumbs up from me for sure. Both the FX40 and these are astounding. I can't tell you guys just how much sound you guys are getting for either. I didn't think these were gonna be this good either. It was based on my recent experience with the FX40 that lead me to these. I am so happy I did. These blow away anything bass earphone wise @$80- $100 or under .. The earphone gods have smiled upon us again. Lol!

May 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,455 of 100,520
Couple questions:

Rubber protectors for body durability:
Is that for our bodies or for that of the IEM?

Where's the nanotubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back