The discovery thread!
May 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #1,261 of 103,232
Haha, you know Dsnuts, it's been said before, but a skeptic skimming your threads would have a red alert beeping with the amount of enthusiasm in your words for your suspect findings, but if the followings you have in your threads have shown in anything, it's that you're something of a certified headphonechaeologist in the community.

I might need to visit the FS thread if these turn out to be good. The CKM50 amazon price has recently gone up~ hehehe.

How are the transients/speed on these things?

May 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #1,262 of 103,232
Quote:
Haha, you know Dsnuts, it's been said before, but a skeptic skimming your threads would have a red alert beeping with the amount of enthusiasm in your words for your suspect findings, but if the followings you have in your threads have shown in anything, it's that you're something of a certified headphonechaeologist in the community.

I might need to visit the FS thread if these turn out to be good. The CKM50 amazon price has recently gone up~ hehehe.

How are the transients/speed on these things?

You can throw any idea of a normal standard earphone out the window with these. These sound more like a BA speed wise and have the detail and precision of them with the bass end of dynamics..What can I say. I am just floored by these in every single way. They make all other $50 and lower earphones I have ever heard sound cheap in comparison.. I have to get going now but I am so eager to hear what you guys have to say about these. Lol! Believe me I have heard plenty of bang per buck iems in the past but none quite like these. In all honesty.. These easily rival the TF10. For $21 bucks. More A/Bing tomorrow. Will have to whip out the TF10 to compare.

May 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #1,263 of 103,232
MP 8320s died a slow death due to over-kinking in the crappy cable, right at the earpiece. 
Really like the SH3850 -- shocking for $10 -- clear, balanced, fun sound.
Don't like the JVC Riptidz -- they need too much EQ to sound clear -- too muffled, unless I got a defective set.
Just ordered FX40 -- see how they sound next week when they come -- expecting good things!

May 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #1,265 of 103,232
Quote:
dsnuts, im curious have you heard any IEMs that you actually dont like lol

CKM55 
rolleyes.gif

and a bunch of other ones.

May 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #1,266 of 103,232
Sure. The MG7s. Too smallish stage wise and instrument separation was just ok.  The CKS55s are only good if you take the filters out..A bunch of Philips earphones The SHE6550,she2650, She9750, she9550, she9501 way too bassy..Tried about a dozen cheapo made in china earphones that all turned out to be turds..Too many to list actually. The Elago E2 sucky like you wouldn't believe. The ATH-CK303 is ATs cheapo. Aint all that great.  Sony EX41B mids are recessed and many others do it better.  I filter out the junk so you don't have to hear them. Believe me I have gone through too many craptacular earphones you don't hear about..

Every single earphone MP makes actually minus the MP8320 for example. The Panasonic HJE450.HJE180. Pioneer's new Bass earphones Cl-721 are the worst I have ever heard. I like my EX600s but I prefer the Gr07 over them for being the same type of sound signature. The Vpulse is a nice basshead earphone but isn't anything special. My MMDTs housing came apart the first day I got them. Not too good. UE500s are ok average at best. SoundMagic PL30s just ho hum. The TF10 I didn't think was all that. I would easily listen to these FX40 over them. Oh yea the CKM55 suck nuts.I will add to this list. 

May 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #1,269 of 103,232
If you guys can't tell already,  I am very excited about these..I can't stop listening to them..

I had a realization on my way home from work just now.. The fact that if JVC wanted to they could have made these look fancy and sold these just the way they sound for soo much more. But they didn't. It makes sense..These are exciting times my friends as I am seeing something happening among Japanese manufacturers both AT and JVC are stepping up thier earphones sound quality quite a bit yet are not charging a big amount to hear them. Both these and the new ATH-CKM500 represent just this.

If someone stuffed these in my ears a month ago and told me they were going for $100 I would have considered these a fantastic deal. But I think I understand what these guys are doing. To me if a product does not move, no matter how good they sound. They won't make money. If they sound this good and only cost $21 these are going to fly off the shelves. And I have no doubts about it. Everything from the user friendly comfy small design.  The whole earphone goes into your outter ear canal to just how they sound fantastic with all music..

Oh by the way I also realized some of you like to sleep with your earphones on. It will be possible with these as they the entire earphone will fit inside your ear they are deceptively small.  These are like audiophile candy for your ears..This hobby has surprised me much as this thread was and still is all about discovering new sound and not necessarily just cheap ones but new sound. These have showed me greatness in a $21 earphone that currently was simply not achievable. 

The reason I am excited about these the most? Other manufacterers will have to take note. Other manufacterers will have to try n top these. Other manufacterers will have to offer more for the money. That just means better product for you and for me.

May 11, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #1,272 of 103,232
Quote:
Sure. The MG7s. Too smallish stage wise and instrument separation was just ok.  The CKS55s are only good if you take the filters out..A bunch of Philips earphones The SHE6550,she2650, She9750, she9550, she9501 way too bassy..Tried about a dozen cheapo made in china earphones that all turned out to be turds..Too many to list actually. The Elago E2 sucky like you wouldn't believe. The ATH-CK303 is ATs cheapo. Aint all that great.  Sony EX41B mids are recessed and many others do it better.  I filter out the junk so you don't have to hear them. Believe me I have gone through too many craptacular earphones you don't hear about..

Every single earphone MP makes actually minus the MP8320 for example. The Panasonic HJE450.HJE180. Pioneer's new Bass earphones Cl-721 are the worst I have ever heard. I like my EX600s but I prefer the Gr07 over them for being the same type of sound signature. The Vpulse is a nice basshead earphone but isn't anything special. My MMDTs housing came apart the first day I got them. Not too good. UE500s are ok average at best. SoundMagic PL30s just ho hum. The TF10 I didn't think was all that. I would easily listen to these FX40 over them. Oh yea the CKM55 suck nuts.I will add to this list. 

That's called perspective, lol. Looking forward to the new cheapo iem's. :)

May 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #1,275 of 103,232

Users who are viewing this thread

Back