The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #12,271 of 100,705
Viper4Android - A Magical Music Enhancer For Android and (Soon PC) :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

What is Viper4Android?
Viper4Android is a android/pc application which can be installed onto your phone/pc that enables the much extended capability to change the way android processes the audio output to your source(headphone/speaker/iem/etc.).

Why is this appliction significant?
There are many reasons why i think this app needs to be more known. In my experiences the app has been able to turn my bassy sony xb90ex into a balanced but punchy and rumbly iem with similar sound signatures of much more expensive iems. In other words, imagine listening to an extremely balanced iem with massive amounts of punch and rumble and frequency while still having the amazing clarity of a balanced iem in the mids and highs. Im telling, this is a MUST HAVE for audiophiles with android devices. Try and you know what Im talking about :wink:

What are my favorite features of V4A
It has to be the convolver...This feature allows to import any impulse response file from the web in .irs format and get processed within the app. I got another headfier to produce counterfrequencies file from looking at the response graph on goldenears.net and he was able to a produce the irs file for my iem. In turn thats how i got my ultra-balanced sound response. Also the clarity enhancer of the app helped to bring out the needed forward mids and highs on the sonys. Overall i think these headphones have beaten other bass iems now in terms of sound.

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #12,272 of 100,705
Quote:
Viper4Android - A Magical Music Enhancer For Android and (Soon PC)
smily_headphones1.gif

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

What is Viper4Android?
Viper4Android is a android/pc application which can be installed onto your phone/pc that enables the much extended capability to change the way android processes the audio output to your source(headphone/speaker/iem/etc.).

Why is this appliction significant?
There are many reasons why i think this app needs to be more known. In my experiences the app has been able to turn my bassy sony xb90ex into a balanced but punchy and rumbly iem with similar sound signatures of much more expensive iems. In other words, imagine listening to an extremely balanced iem with massive amounts of punch and rumble and frequency while still having the amazing clarity of a balanced iem in the mids and highs. Im telling, this is a MUST HAVE for audiophiles with android devices. Try and you know what Im talking about
wink.gif

What are my favorite features of V4A
It has to be the convolver...This feature allows to import any impulse response file from the web in .irs format and get processed within the app. I got another headfier to produce counterfrequencies file from looking at the response graph on goldenears.net and he was able to a produce the irs file for my iem. In turn thats how i got my ultra-balanced sound response. Also the clarity enhancer of the app helped to bring out the needed forward mids and highs on the sonys. Overall i think these headphones have beaten other bass iems now in terms of sound.

Oh wow. I am so getting this for my LG Optimus 2X (and both of my PCs). FINALLY a promising EQ for Android!

Jul 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #12,274 of 100,705
Ahaha swy5, i think you are a little confused. V4a is run alongside your music player. V4a is not a music player it processes the sound. Think of it like a second filter for sound to be processed. Your music player is still the primary process for music. I use both poweramp and v4a together. The results are mindblowing compared to other music players.

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #12,278 of 100,705
It pretty much is, with many other tweaks. Plus accudio degrades audio quality a little...this one does not. Accudio is a paid ios app, and this is free :) I want people to know about this app due to its accessibility, and I want others to experience better sound quality on their Android devices. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #12,279 of 100,705
Quote:
It pretty much is, with many other tweaks. Plus accudio degrades audio quality a little...this one does not. Accudio is a paid ios app, and this is free :) I want people to know about this app due to its accessibility, and I want others to experience better sound quality on their Android devices. 

Wait...it does?! Say what you will, it's still a pretty cool app. Though I currently use either Radsone or SonicMax Pro.

Well, it ain't accessible if it's this confusing to install. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #12,280 of 100,705
Ahaha swy5, i think you are a little confused. V4a is run alongside your music player. V4a is not a music player it processes the sound. Think of it like a second filter for sound to be processed. Your music player is still the primary process for music. I use both poweramp and v4a together. The results are mindblowing compared to other music players.

I wish something like this existed for iOS, but alas, Apple will only allow standalone players, not sound processors that can be used with the stock player. I prefer the stock player for various reasons, like better integration, doesn't lose its place when the app gets shut down, etc.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #12,281 of 100,705
Quote:

I wish something like this existed for iOS, but alas, Apple will only allow standalone players, not sound processors that can be used with the stock player. I prefer the stock player for various reasons, like better integration, doesn't lose its place when the app gets shut down, etc.

Yep, that is, unless some developers create a tweak like this on Cydia. Then simply jailbreak, download and enjoy. Who knows, once Viper502 (V4A's dev) is finished with a Windows version, he might go on to create an iOS version on Cydia.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #12,284 of 100,705
Quote:
It is a bit finicky to install V4A if you do not know much about android, but once it is installed it is a breeze to use. 

I've seen the software on a few local audiophiles phones and I can say that I was much surprised how much better some on their phones sound with this in place. Will definitely be looking into it once I get an android....... now if Sony would hurry up and release Honami already!!

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #12,285 of 100,705
I think V4A is directed to finding specific parts of audio response. For example, if someone found that the music they were listening to lacked vocal volume/clarity, it could easily be fixed by enabling clarity response which brings out the frequencies which the vocals are located, making the vocals more evident in turn. In my personal experiences, I have never used Noozxoide before on my phone so I cannot give you a viable comparison, but from the description on XDA, i think Noozxoide is directed for more of an overall sound enhancer. Another way to put it could be Noozxoide - Consumer Grade Sound Enhancement, and V4A - Audiophile Sound Enhancements. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back